Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore. Kudzu.
unethical practices show details unethical practices
Jul 20th, 2015

I'm writing this on the behalf of my mother and grandmother who heve been going to this office for the last 2 years for pain management. My complaint is they're elderly and they are treated poorly... they call nobody calls them back or they are put on hold and after 15 minutes it automatically disconnects you. You leave messages they never call you back.. you follow their protocol and have another doctor's office request your medical records and they never send them over.. you call them and call them they ignore your phone calls and it's been two weeks and nothing has been done. I have witnessed the rudeness and what my mother and grandmother have been going through just to get pain meds.. if this office is setup for pain management why are you treating them like they are not human beings. They are following your protocol that you have given them. One of these days you're going to be in pain and you're going to need pain management and i hope you guys are treated the way you treat others unethical.

unethical practices show details unethical practices
Jul 20th, 2015

I'm writing this on the behalf of my mother and grandmother who heve been going to this office for the last 2 years for pain management. My complaint is they're elderly and they are treated poorly... they call nobody calls them back or they put you on hold and after 15 minutes it automatically disconnects you. You leave messages they never call you back.. you follow their protocol and have another doctor's office requests your medical records and they never send him over and you call them and call them they ignore your phone calls and it's been two weeks. Install nothing has been done. I have witnessed the rudeness and I have witwitnessed the rudeness and what my mother and grandmother have been going throug just to get pain meds.. if this office is setup for pain management why are you treating them by like your not human being your phone when your protocol in your not phone yours by treating them so poorly... One of these days you're going to be in pain and you're going to need pain management and and you guys are treated the way you treat others unethical.

Jul 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

the long wait is terrible!!

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
AWESOME! show details AWESOME!
by Just Julia on Jun 18th, 2015

Sheesh...where to start? Well, definitely NOT from the beginning, because I was born in Denver & while I'm sure it would be an amazing & suspense filled recollection of the journey of my life since birth, and how I ended up here today, no, instead I'll start from a few years ago when I started my journey of trying to find the, "PERFECT" Pain Management Doctor this side of the Mississippi! Or rather in the Tri-State area, (Kingman, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu) Sheesh, now where do I start!? Ok, rather than giving specifics, I'll use veiled comparisons, kinda like that old saying, "Some names, and addresses, and etc., have been changed to protect the innocent, or... the guilty." Just think of this as, "The Three Bears", and LIL' OL' Goldilocks, yup, that'd be me, just trying to find...the right fit! Ya feelin'me? Ok, so there was this one bear that would have made even Hitler proud! I mean can you say, "Anal Retentive"!? I mean, that bed was waaay to hard! And then there was another this other bear, and her approach was, "Peace, Love, & Tranquility", which I'm totally into, don't get me wrong, but when her approach was to, take two Advils & call me in the morning at which time she wanted to sell me a bunch of homemade plants, herbs, and spices, at which point I felt a sudden urge to run home and make a huge pot of spaghetti then invite all my neighbors over for dinner or run to Home Depot and buy a lawnmower! At which point, I totally forgot to pick up the Advil! Nope! This bear was definitely waaay too soft! And sure, there were a few other bears in between that for one reason or another just didn't...fit, that IS until Dr. ...wait, what was his name again? Hehehe...GOTCHA! Yup, y'all already know! Dr. Sutera! Yup! Just the right fit! FINALLY! ALAS! There REALLY was a Doc in the Tri-State that finally fit the bill...or in this case, the right bed! Don't let your minds wander, after all, this is a children's story. Gotta speed this up...supper is waiting! Ok, so, Dr. Sutera rocks! It's a bit of a drive for me to get there, but it's totally worth it! The office itself is like, state of the art! Totally air conditioned, huge t.v., surround sound speakers, padded, comfortable chairs & couches, and always sparkly clean! If I had any complaints, it might be, every once & awhile, the wait can kind of be long, but I've never had to wait more than an hour & a half, and believe it or not, sometimes I've actually got right in! As for the refills, for the most part it's pretty good, but every now & then, it isn't. But seriously, what doctor's office is always 100% perfect? At the end of the day, this is about the closest I've gotten to perfect when it comes to pain management! Gotta run...my porridge is waiting!

Apr 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sutera has been one of my physicians for many years now and, even though I have had some difficulty with his staff at times, Dr. Sutera has always been very open, honest and straight forward with me in all of my pain management issues.

Apr 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Love Dr Sutera and his Assistant. They are awesome!! They make my injections less stressful.

Mar 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Sutera is the best. He always makes you feel better. He is so kind and helpful. You could never ask for a better Doctor.

Mar 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have coming to Dr. Sutera for over four years now and I always felt important and my needs have been met with sincerity and concern. I thank Dr. Sutera and his wonderful staff for always making me feel welcome!

Mar 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I AM VERY SATIFIED WITH THE SERVICE I REFCIEVE FROM SATARAS OFFICE. THEY HAVE MADE ALOT OF CHANGES WHICH HAS MADE VISIT ALOT QUICKER. THE OFFICE PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE TO DEAL WITH, THEY ARE VERY NICE.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Hit a nerve! show details Hit a nerve!
Mar 23rd, 2015

Hit my sciatic nerve during a guided injection. Very painful. I would not recommend.

Mar 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I like Dr. Sutera and the procedure went fine, however the wait time both to get an appointment and to get in on the day of the appointment were excessive. I had to sit for 2 hrs. in the waiting room before being called back for the procedure(an epidural)

Mar 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have had 3 visits and at all 3 I waited approxametly 2 hours past my scheduled appointment time to see the Dr. However, Dr. Sutera is very good at what he does but more emphasis should be placed on scheduling/wait times.

Mar 2nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The only negative thing I would say is they are never on time for an appointment. The Dr. Is always at least an hour late.

Feb 26th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

x

Feb 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Sutera is very caring trying everything to help me feel better.

Jan 31st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sutera & his staff have been wonderful. They are always friendly. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sutera to anyone who needs pain addressed. My gratitude to all of you.

Jan 29th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Possibly not overbooking or trying to cancel day of due to a meeting. Some patients were called for another day rescheduled for an earlier time than myself and bumped my time later. Some staff needs to be a lil more courteous and not playing on cell phone

Jan 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My doctors appointment was great with doctor Sutera he all ways ask me how I am doing and if I need anything he can help me with. He all ways does a follow up oppointment to see how I am. I would tell anyone who needs a pain doctor he would be the one

Jan 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sutera has ALWAYS been an awesome provider when it comes to my medical treatment. I've been with his practice for a very long time! Due to the DEA, I'm unable to manage my pain as well as before. They have taken just one pill a day from helping me.

Jan 16th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I know Dr. Sutera is extremely busy and the day of my appointment was no exception. After an hour I finally was seen. Since this was my first time, I would have liked to see the ct scan and have him explain what he was going to do.

Jan 16th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have been with Dr.Sutara for over a year now and the first few months waiting time after scheduled appointment for injections was a minimum of 2 hours but last appointment was soo fast!!! LOVE Dr. Sutara and such a caring Dr!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Dec 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doc is excellent & medical staff as well. The medical staff we follow up with most of the time are quite good as long as they aren't rushed & communication with the office or records & authorisations are clear. To get a human for rx confirm#s on phone :-(

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

the doctor and staff were friendly ,the doc always treats me well I have been seeing the doctor for close to 15 years,today was no waiting in matter of fact I was 15 min late ..........

Nov 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I like Dr Sutera. He is very good at trying to find what works best for me and my condition . The wait is a little long but I have noticed that they are working on that and the wait is less than it was. Staff very friendly.

Nov 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The reason I would not recommend this office is that I wait usually at least an hour usually two or three to be seen.The staff also changes frequently and have had more than one staff be very,very rude to me!

Sep 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sutera has served both myself and my husband for several years. We are very pleased with his knowledge and expertise in the practice of Pain Management. I always refer friends and acquaintances to Dr. Sutera. We trust his decisions implicitly.

Sep 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I waited forever as usual.If the doctor wasn't so nice when I do get to see him I would not go back.The office staff can be rude and the call wait times are terrible.he seems to be over booked all the time.

Love Him, Need Him show details Love Him, Need Him
by Therese Cruz on Jan 1st, 2014

I think Dr. Sutera is Awesome. I have had many lower back injmections done in the last 12 years and they haven't always worked. But Dr. Sutera hits his mark right on cause I get great re-leaf when He is done. He don't mess around and I am in and out of there in no time. My one and only complaint is the office waiting time before going back to get the procedure done. I have waited up to 4 hours. And waited as long jmust for my perscriptions to be givin to me. But I stay with him instead of going somewhere else because he is very kind and knows what he is doing.

A doctor on a mission to heal show details A doctor on a mission to heal
by Gabrielle on Jun 14th, 2013

Dr Paul Sutera is very busy. His office is extremely efficiently run. There is a contagious caring attitude among his staff. I had a serious spiral fracture of Tibia & Fibula. My titanium hardware is bent/broken but must remain in place 6 more months. Although my life will never be the same, this man's caring brilliance shines bright in my eyes. He is currently treating me. I see his office open 5 days a week, he obviously has serious work ethic to treat those who, like me, hurt with each step I take. Dr Sutera spent over an hour with me. I value his approach & his kind, knowledgable manner. His approach to heal me has been like no other doctor. Thinking out of the box, not tossing me an RX for a narcotic pain reliever has been well received. Dr Sutera has a heart the size of his zip code. I highly recommend his office, treatment, advice. It's well worth any wait .

Bruce86427 show details Bruce86427
Mar 1st, 2013

Have no choices, unless I drive to Las Vegas, NV 1.5 hours or PHX, AZ 5 hours away. Had a great Dr. in Lake Havasu, AZ 1.25 hours travel time. He does have a Nurse Prac. there and a PA, but he is the only MD. The clinic needs, 2 more Doctors, Dr. Suteera is over whelmed with Hospice, etc.. He is either greedy or no one wants to work with him. After the Nurse Practioner argued with me, because I did not agree with the conversion numbers she gave Dr. Sutera the wrong dosages of MS to change over to Opana er. Finally got help from Dr. Sutera after I called the Hospice and told them it was either him or the ME ( Medical Examiner) the doctor who cut you up after death. Dr S took noticed and now no one is able to talk with me except him. After the nurse Practioner threw my chart down and threatened me with I will shoot you with a silver bullet, and much worse. I was the first patient of the day, and she blamed me for putting the day 40 minutes behind schedule. Have no apethy for her because I have waited in the waiting room for many hours to be seen. Finally Dr Sutera and I and my wife are to be personally attended by the Doctor, instead of a very bad drug addict profiling by his staff. There are 2 staff members there that really do care and are still there because they need to feed kids and the rest of family they have. Dr. is very calm, compasionate and caring when you really do need to talk and bond as a team, managing the chronic pain I live with for over 35 years. I am blessed at last. Could keep going but I need to let it go and look forward and keep being the real advocate for my care and my wife is a licensed health giver and she had to quit her job to take care of me, Thank you my GOD for the best wife a man could dream for. Overall I am happy with him from 2 weeks ago to now and the future. Amen!

Wish I had a choice show details Wish I had a choice
Feb 25th, 2012

DOCTOR'S STAFF IS OVER WHELMED. Rx is a big problem, over booking worse than the airlines. Longest time waiting. 6 hours. Now I sign in and leave to do errands and have them call me when I become second inline.

Dr. Sutera Restores Hope to Those in Severe Pain show details Dr. Sutera Restores Hope to Those in Severe Pain
Oct 6th, 2011

I suffer from lifelong Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis, a disease which has become aggressive and extremely painful. After another pain specialist told me I was "out of options" I saw Dr. Sutera, feeling hopeless and crippled by pain. His bedside manner was incredibly caring and tender, putting me immediately at ease. He explained not only what was happening in regards to pain, but several treatment options in detail. He was so very kind and knowledgable. I left our meeting with hope and help in dealing with this crippling pain. The wait time is sometimes too long, but worth it. Bring a book and try to relax. Help is surely on the way.

I loved Dr Sutera and his staff. show details I loved Dr Sutera and his staff.
Sep 29th, 2011

Always good to me. I had to move away and cant pay to fly to see him anymore. If I could I would be on next plane. They all were so good to me. I do not think I will ever find Dr or staff that kind again.

Sep 8th, 2011

Dr. Sutera and his staff are awesome.

worst (non) pain management in arizona and unsecure staff show details worst (non) pain management in arizona and unsecure staff
Aug 25th, 2011

They will discuss your case with anyone calling in that says your name, will not verify your personal information therefore breaching the dr patient confidentially law. DONNA the office manager is the one who spoke to "someone" in great length about my personal case and allowed this "someone" to make changes and alterations to my treatment.

Jun 29th, 2011

dr Sutera is great, but his office is very disorganized and conflicted. It's very difficult to get anything accomplished with them.

Last minute cancellation creates expensive emergency.. show details Last minute cancellation creates expensive emergency..
Apr 8th, 2011

A referral to Dr. Sutera was supplied by a PA at a "Care clinic" we no longer go to, in large part because they demonstrated a lack of caring for anything other than the contents of a patient's wallet.Admittedly, it is difficult to rate a Physician we've never spoken to or met in person. Who and what I'm rating here is a staff member, name beginning with 'V'. I advocate for a chronic pain sufferer whom, after receiving a referral and appointment nearly two months in advance with Dr. Sutera, receives a call from Miss V mere *hours* prior to this appointment and is told "the Doctor is sick." While I understand Doctors are human beings who are subject to getting ill and appreciate the consideration shown by same Doctor not to share what may be a communicable inconvenience with patients, it is somewhat suspicious that there wasn't any qualified "back up" in the office who could see my friend.What is slightly more suspicious is that Miss V schedules a new appointment more than a month in advance, which leaves my friend between a rock & hard place. Living hours from Bullhead City and having been informed that the Pain Management Specialist seen locally is no longer accepting my friend's health insurance (for valid reasons), my friend is in no position to wait more than a month to receive help.Yes, narcotics have been prescribed for this person for some time. No, my friend takes these medications as prescribed for pain resulting from serious damage to the spine -- most notably in a region where it has been professionally recommended that surgery not be performed.My friend does not receive a check, due to the usual bureaucratic run-around -- and so, on an intermittent basis, does odd jobs which pay little and often involve hard labor, which multiple Doctors have said "are out of the question and creates a serious potential for quadriplegia." I assist in every way possible, including working alongside my friend, doing the tasks I know constitute the greatest risk and accepting no payment for my time and efforts.After Miss V's 11th hour phone call, in which she told my friend in no uncertain terms that "Your former Doctor is required *by Law* to give you your prescriptions and not charge you for an office visit", we telephone and my friend is mercifully seen on an emergency basis the next day by the former Doctor, who is a good and conscientious man, but who cannot continue working "for free" when an insurance provider repeatedly fails to pay him for services rendered. We are informed that the Doctor must SEE the patient before giving prescriptions (which seems like a reasonable code of ethics to me). Unfortunately, this will require a cash payment amounting to about 20 hours of money earned via hard labor. This same money was set aside to pay an outstanding utility bill. Tough luck, eh?I would like to extend thanks to Miss V and Doctor Sutera for causing unnecessary stress and financial hardship for my friend. A PA could have seen this person and written these prescriptions, but this option was never offered.I'd especially like to reflect upon Miss V's knowledge of Medical Law and her interpretation of what passes for honesty. Let us hope she is being paid a large salary for her remarkable ability to ignore ethical practices and blithely dismiss concern for the safety of other human beings. You, whose name rhymes with 'harmonica', did a superb job of passing the buck. You're a smooth operator. In fact, you have represented Dr. Sutera so well that he will not see a penny of my friend's blood money, whether via insurance reimbursement or money paid out of pocket. With staff like this, who needs enemies?

Dr. Sutera and staff are great! show details Dr. Sutera and staff are great!
Feb 2nd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Sutera for chronic stomach pain for 10 years. He is very causious with pain medications, contrary to what I've heard. He tries every aspect to find the pain first and use other options. He is wonderful, caring and very good at what he does. His staff is also great.

A wast of time show details A wast of time
Jan 6th, 2011

It is difficult to get an appointment. The first visit is with a PA, who tells you what you want to hear and that is they care and will take care of your pain. Next visit is no less then one month away. My husband went in and was put on the assembly line for shots in his back. There is a series of three shots anywhere from two weeks to a month a part and a follow up. At the follow up they get told that the shots didn't help and they assure you that they will find something to help you and give you an appointment three months away for another series of shots that don't help. Plus you have to sign a contract that says you won't ask for pain management from any other doctor. That makes it difficult when you break a rib, because you have a contract with the Pain Clinic you can't get anyone to give you pain med and the Pain Clinic never responds to phone calls. The doctor and PA's don't listen to what you are saying. Most of the office staff is rude and refuse to answer a question. When you go there you get the feeling that the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. We have never waited less then an hour, our average wait is 90 minutes. The entire place is a joke. My husband will not return to the that Pain Clinic and refuses to have anything to do with Dr. Sutera again. As for getting pain pills, my husband doesn't take any and was never offered that option, but I am sure that the people who are on pain meds could be serviced just as well by their family doctor. This is not the first pain clinic that my husband has been to but it is the first one in Arizona and believe me there are better pain management clinics out there.

Doctor Sutera is a legalized drug peddler and that is all he is. show details Doctor Sutera is a legalized drug peddler and that is all he is.
by Dr. wannabe on Jul 27th, 2010

The women in the offices are ALWAYS BITCHES, you never get an exam and ALWAYS are on narcotics. He's a slob that has no right calling himself a doctor.

Exceptional Service! show details Exceptional Service!
by mfoard on Oct 22nd, 2009

This doctor and his team are far superior to anything else available medically in this area. They spend time with you and help you, but most importantly, they actually understand what it's like to have a chronic ailment and they make many resources available to their patients. They are leaders in their field, and the first doctor and staff to understand my problems and have a true solution! Thank you team!

WOW! show details WOW!
by Ray on Jul 22nd, 2009

helped me tremendously!

guard your wives! show details guard your wives!
by bad man on Dec 21st, 2008

This guy uses his position as a trusted doctor to get in bed with married women!

Wonderful Doctors and staff show details Wonderful Doctors and staff
by caseysbaby on Dec 9th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have just started seeing Dr Sutera however I have a high school friend that has been his patient for 8 years. I know I am going to like it at this office because they really listen to you. I can tell by the questions that they ask when I am done talking. I've needed a good doctor here because I moved here over 2 years ago and this is the first time I have felt like the doctor really cared about what was wrong with me. I have high hopes that this doctor will be able to help me likee he has helped my friend.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com