Dr. Paul Sutera MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Bullhead City, AZ

May 14th, 2016
I am a first time patient, the office told me I only could make my appt with the nurse practioner, then they had me come in at a certain time and told me my appt was at a different time; waited almost 3 hours to see dr. What I was really upset with, I had a nurse come out into the lobby asking for a urine sample not even explaining what this was for! What happen to our HIPPA rights? I don't know if I will be back!

April 4th, 2016
Was willing to anwers all my questions and concerns and not rushed

March 10th, 2016
Waiting....
Waiting was so long at times it was really bad. I got Sepsis after a facet block.

July 20th, 2015
unethical practices
I'm writing this on the behalf of my mother and grandmother who heve been going to this office for the last 2 years for pain management. My complaint is they're elderly and they are treated poorly... they call nobody calls them back or they are put on hold and after 15 minutes it automatically disconnects you. You leave messages they never call you back.. you follow their protocol and have another doctor's office request your medical records and they never send them over.. you call them and call them they ignore your phone calls and it's been two weeks and nothing has been done. I have witnessed the rudeness and what my mother and grandmother have been going through just to get pain meds.. if this office is setup for pain management why are you treating them like they are not human beings. They are following your protocol that you have given them. One of these days you're going to be in pain and you're going to need pain management and i hope you guys are treated the way you treat others unethical.

July 20th, 2015
unethical practices
I'm writing this on the behalf of my mother and grandmother who heve been going to this office for the last 2 years for pain management. My complaint is they're elderly and they are treated poorly... they call nobody calls them back or they put you on hold and after 15 minutes it automatically disconnects you. You leave messages they never call you back.. you follow their protocol and have another doctor's office requests your medical records and they never send him over and you call them and call them they ignore your phone calls and it's been two weeks. Install nothing has been done. I have witnessed the rudeness and I have witwitnessed the rudeness and what my mother and grandmother have been going throug just to get pain meds.. if this office is setup for pain management why are you treating them by like your not human being your phone when your protocol in your not phone yours by treating them so poorly... One of these days you're going to be in pain and you're going to need pain management and and you guys are treated the way you treat others unethical.

June 18th, 2015
AWESOME!
Sheesh...where to start? Well, definitely NOT from the beginning, because I was born in Denver & while I'm sure it would be an amazing & suspense filled recollection of the journey of my life since birth, and how I ended up here today, no, instead I'll start from a few years ago when I started my journey of trying to find the, "PERFECT" Pain Management Doctor this side of the Mississippi! Or rather in the Tri-State area, (Kingman, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu) Sheesh, now where do I start!? Ok, rather than giving specifics, I'll use veiled comparisons, kinda like that old saying, "Some names, and addresses, and etc., have been changed to protect the innocent, or... the guilty." Just think of this as, "The Three Bears", and LIL' OL' Goldilocks, yup, that'd be me, just trying to find...the right fit! Ya feelin'me? Ok, so there was this one bear that would have made even Hitler proud! I mean can you say, "Anal Retentive"!? I mean, that bed was waaay to hard! And then there was another this other bear, and her approach was, "Peace, Love, & Tranquility", which I'm totally into, don't get me wrong, but when her approach was to, take two Advils & call me in the morning at which time she wanted to sell me a bunch of homemade plants, herbs, and spices, at which point I felt a sudden urge to run home and make a huge pot of spaghetti then invite all my neighbors over for dinner or run to Home Depot and buy a lawnmower! At which point, I totally forgot to pick up the Advil! Nope! This bear was definitely waaay too soft! And sure, there were a few other bears in between that for one reason or another just didn't...fit, that IS until Dr. ...wait, what was his name again? Hehehe...GOTCHA! Yup, y'all already know! Dr. Sutera! Yup! Just the right fit! FINALLY! ALAS! There REALLY was a Doc in the Tri-State that finally fit the bill...or in this case, the right bed! Don't let your minds wander, after all, this is a children's story. Gotta speed this up...supper is waiting! Ok, so, Dr. Sutera rocks! It's a bit of a drive for me to get there, but it's totally worth it! The office itself is like, state of the art! Totally air conditioned, huge t.v., surround sound speakers, padded, comfortable chairs & couches, and always sparkly clean! If I had any complaints, it might be, every once & awhile, the wait can kind of be long, but I've never had to wait more than an hour & a half, and believe it or not, sometimes I've actually got right in! As for the refills, for the most part it's pretty good, but every now & then, it isn't. But seriously, what doctor's office is always 100% perfect? At the end of the day, this is about the closest I've gotten to perfect when it comes to pain management! Gotta run...my porridge is waiting!

March 23rd, 2015
Hit a nerve!
Hit my sciatic nerve during a guided injection. Very painful. I would not recommend.

January 1st, 2014
Love Him, Need Him
I think Dr. Sutera is Awesome. I have had many lower back injmections done in the last 12 years and they haven't always worked. But Dr. Sutera hits his mark right on cause I get great re-leaf when He is done. He don't mess around and I am in and out of there in no time. My one and only complaint is the office waiting time before going back to get the procedure done. I have waited up to 4 hours. And waited as long jmust for my perscriptions to be givin to me. But I stay with him instead of going somewhere else because he is very kind and knows what he is doing.

June 14th, 2013
A doctor on a mission to heal
Dr Paul Sutera is very busy. His office is extremely efficiently run. There is a contagious caring attitude among his staff. I had a serious spiral fracture of Tibia & Fibula. My titanium hardware is bent/broken but must remain in place 6 more months. Although my life will never be the same, this man's caring brilliance shines bright in my eyes. He is currently treating me. I see his office open 5 days a week, he obviously has serious work ethic to treat those who, like me, hurt with each step I take. Dr Sutera spent over an hour with me. I value his approach & his kind, knowledgable manner. His approach to heal me has been like no other doctor. Thinking out of the box, not tossing me an RX for a narcotic pain reliever has been well received. Dr Sutera has a heart the size of his zip code. I highly recommend his office, treatment, advice. It's well worth any wait .

March 1st, 2013
Bruce86427
Have no choices, unless I drive to Las Vegas, NV 1.5 hours or PHX, AZ 5 hours away. Had a great Dr. in Lake Havasu, AZ 1.25 hours travel time. He does have a Nurse Prac. there and a PA, but he is the only MD. The clinic needs, 2 more Doctors, Dr. Suteera is over whelmed with Hospice, etc.. He is either greedy or no one wants to work with him. After the Nurse Practioner argued with me, because I did not agree with the conversion numbers she gave Dr. Sutera the wrong dosages of MS to change over to Opana er. Finally got help from Dr. Sutera after I called the Hospice and told them it was either him or the ME ( Medical Examiner) the doctor who cut you up after death. Dr S took noticed and now no one is able to talk with me except him. After the nurse Practioner threw my chart down and threatened me with I will shoot you with a silver bullet, and much worse. I was the first patient of the day, and she blamed me for putting the day 40 minutes behind schedule. Have no apethy for her because I have waited in the waiting room for many hours to be seen. Finally Dr Sutera and I and my wife are to be personally attended by the Doctor, instead of a very bad drug addict profiling by his staff. There are 2 staff members there that really do care and are still there because they need to feed kids and the rest of family they have. Dr. is very calm, compasionate and caring when you really do need to talk and bond as a team, managing the chronic pain I live with for over 35 years. I am blessed at last. Could keep going but I need to let it go and look forward and keep being the real advocate for my care and my wife is a licensed health giver and she had to quit her job to take care of me, Thank you my GOD for the best wife a man could dream for. Overall I am happy with him from 2 weeks ago to now and the future. Amen!

February 25th, 2012
Wish I had a choice
DOCTOR'S STAFF IS OVER WHELMED. Rx is a big problem, over booking worse than the airlines. Longest time waiting. 6 hours. Now I sign in and leave to do errands and have them call me when I become second inline.

October 6th, 2011
Dr. Sutera Restores Hope to Those in Severe Pain
I suffer from lifelong Juvenile Rheumatiod Arthritis, a disease which has become aggressive and extremely painful. After another pain specialist told me I was "out of options" I saw Dr. Sutera, feeling hopeless and crippled by pain. His bedside manner was incredibly caring and tender, putting me immediately at ease. He explained not only what was happening in regards to pain, but several treatment options in detail. He was so very kind and knowledgable. I left our meeting with hope and help in dealing with this crippling pain. The wait time is sometimes too long, but worth it. Bring a book and try to relax. Help is surely on the way.