Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Just 7 days from discovery to cancer free! show details Just 7 days from discovery to cancer free!
by Hillary S. on Jul 20th, 2015

I went for a routine mammogram during which they found something that they wanted to biopsy. I went upstairs for my appointment with Dr. Tartter before scheduling the biopsy because I was past my appointment time with him. Dr Tartter did a regular breast exam and a sonogram. He gave me options as to who could do the biospy (him or the radiologist downstairs). My choice was whoever could do it the soonest. His response was to start marking my breast - without it being scheduled, he did the biopsy then and there! This was a Thursday. Monday morning at 7:30 a.m., before my work day officially started, I received a call from Dr. Tartter himself telling me that he needed to see me in his office that day. I asked if it was bad, his reply was that it was small, we were catching it early but I need to come in that day. I coordinated with a friend to go with me. When we arrived, Dr. Tartter happened to be by the check in desk and he immediately escorted my friend and I into his office to talk. He clearly explained the biopsy result and addressed my options (lumpectomy vs mastectomy). When we were done talking, he took us to his surgical coordinator so she could arrange for the surgery to be done THAT WEDNESDAY. Dr. Tartter was leaving on vacation the end of the week and he did not want to wait until his return to do the surgery. This was for a Stage I, 1.3 cm tumor! Thanks to Dr. Tartter, it was only SEVEN DAYS from discovery to cancer free! I have been a patient of Dr. Tartter's for over 14 years and from the day that I first met him, I have always felt that I was in the best of hands (no pun intended) and his actions regarding my diagnosis proved me right!

The best. show details The best.
by Linda on May 19th, 2015

This is the most humanistic doctor I have ever seen. He also is an excellent surgeon you have to look for my scars.

A bit of a misogynist show details A bit of a misogynist
by Sharon S on Feb 5th, 2015

Dr. Tartter was my doctor of choice, although he performed a few very Unneccessary office procedues, and gave me benign reports, giving hopeful prognosis. Only, four months later, reversing those reports and causing serious surgery delay. Ultimately he and his jokers of a team caused me to go elsewhere, which delayed my surgery almost a year causing valuable time, and dollars. As a result I needed more invasive surger, further putting my lufe in jeopardy. . I think he should have retired a while ago. PS he spread my disease, and his hygienic, practice questionble, since after scrubbing forgot something, went to his office and did not rescrub, on returning. O yes and while I talked with his associate advocate, they sprayed cleaning fluids on me.

Horrible bedside manner show details Horrible bedside manner
Aug 27th, 2014

Although I had a minor procedure done to my breast late last year, I found Dr. Tartarr's bedside manner HORRENDOUS. No social graces, just gets right to it, doesn't say hello, doesn't make you feel at ease. The night of my procedure, my bandage bled through. I went back the next morning, he says "So much fuss over such a small procedure." At the actual procedure, when he came in to mark me, not one hello, he just spoke directly to the anesthesiologist, walked away and I had to call out to Dr. Tartarr to come back to answer a question. I've had to come back to him twice for follow ups in the past year, and I have a minor issue with healing. My new gynecologist asked me if Dr. Tartarr even asked for an ultrasound because it's been so long, and I said no. The man has a god complex. Don't bother seeing him.

Wonderful, caring doctor. show details Wonderful, caring doctor.
Dec 3rd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Tartter for 15 years. I was diagnosed with stage 1breast cancer a year ago. Dr. Tartterdid a lumpectomy and removed some of mylymph nodes for testing. The outcome wasvery positive. In fact, my internist saysthat the scar is barely visible. He hasmagic hands. My daughter is now seeing himand it makes me very confident that all will turn out fine.

Aug 19th, 2011

Dr. Tartter is an excellent physician. I've had many positive experiences with him and trust him implicitly.

Love Dr. Tartter show details Love Dr. Tartter
Nov 26th, 2010

I recommend Dr. Tartter to any one that has any breast issues. I was lucky to have someone recommend Dr. Tarter 20 year ago when I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. He is caring, very informed, and explains everything clearly so you know what to or not to expect. To date I sill follow up with him yearly, and thank heavens so far so good. This is one of the few doctors that truly takes his time with his patients and has great understanding of what you are going through. Thank you Dr. Tartter for being who you are.

Nov 8th, 2010

I find Dr Tartter to be an excellent and would recommend him to everyone that has a breast problem.He also has a great team that works with him very caring.

Aug 16th, 2010

What a wonderful Doctor. Thoughtful, caring and took the time to fully explain my condition, the procedure and asked if I had any questions

AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR show details AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR
by WWW.LINDALEVEN.COM on Aug 3rd, 2010

I HAVE BEEN WITH DR. TARTTER 5 YEARS. HE HAS BEEN CARING FOR ME AFTER MY BREAST SURGERY FOR CANCER, DONE BY ANOTHER MD. DR. TARTTER IS PLEASANT, EXPLAINS SITUATIONS THOROUGHLY, IS TECHNICALLY EXCELLENT, AND A CARING, CONCERNED DOCTOR. HE DID A BIOPSY FOR ME SEVERAL YEARS AGO. THE PROCEDURE WENT SMOOTHLY, AND BARELY A SCAR REMAINS, SO NEATLY DID DR. TARTTER DO HIS WORK. DO SEE THIS DOCTOR IF YOU NEED A BREAST SURGEON.

A Prince among men: the absolute best doctor I've had show details A Prince among men: the absolute best doctor I've had
Jun 12th, 2008

I can only think of great things to say about Dr. Tartter. He has been my doctor for fifteen years and operated on me several times. Very human and humane; he held my hand and led me to the operating room and I have seen him do that with others. Other doctors could learn from him Plus he is a genius surgeon. I trust him completely and I don't trust anybody.