Dr. Paul Thornton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Thornton?

March 25th, 2016

My son has been a patient of Dr. Thornton's for 5 years. He absolutely loves Dr. Thornton and feels he can ask him anything and get a straight answer. Dr. Thornton has a way of putting both parents and children at ease and has a great bedside manner. My son is turning 19 now and we have to transition out of Dr. Thornton's care and we will miss him. Whoever we choose to provide his adult care will have some very tough shoes to fill.

December 20th, 2015

Totally Inappropriate

Totally misdiagnosed and treated improperly. When Thornton saw that I was not improving with the improper treatment he blamed my health on a poor diet. He often used vulgar language in comments made against me and often blamed me for symptoms. He referred me to another doctor after he admitted he didn't know what to do with me. The next doctor immediately saw flaw in my diagnoses when looking at my old and current labs. He did not understand how Thornton could have come to that conclusion.

July 30th, 2013

Excellent Doctor...I will recommend him without a doubt. My daughter is doing very well and he takes the time to explain things to her and us in all of her visits.

January 25th, 2013

RN

July 9th, 2012

Tough Love

Dr. Thornton is a no-nonsense Doctor. He expects children to learn to take control of there illness and be able to manage their own care with parental support. He can get tough on teenagers but from my perspective that is a very good example of tough love.

May 10th, 2012

Horrible.

I visited Dr. Thornton when I was 14 and diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. I was treated for about a year, and told that I might be able to cease taking my medication as the disease had gone into remission. I was told to get one more round of blood work, but unless I was called and told otherwise, I could stop taking the daily medicine. About 2 years later, I was exhibiting EXTREMELY bad symptoms (sudden weight gain, fatigue, joint pain, migraines, etc.) and I returned to Dr. Thornton. He scoffed at me and said that if I was worried about gaining weight, I should go on a diet because I'd simply been eating too much. That is something extremely upsetting to hear has a 17 year old girl.Even though it turned out that I had NEVER gone into remission the first time, and he had simply had failed to check my blood results when they came back, he told me that my problem wasn't bad enough to merit treatment and that it wouldn't help. I left his office in tears, with him telling me I should "seek counseling." I ignored my symptoms for another 18 months since he acted like they were no big deal. By the time they got so bad that I went to a different doctor, my blood work showed that my thyroid had essentially stopped functioning, and the doctor said it was amazing I was able to function day-to-day. I was told that I will absolutely need to take medication daily for the rest of my life, and always should have been. He is the absolute worst doctor I have ever had exposure to, or even heard about.

February 28th, 2012

This doctor and his nurse practioner were wonderful!!! They educate you and are there for you whenever you need them a true blessing

May 28th, 2011

Much improved!

The first time we saw Dr. Thornton was four years ago. He was seemed knowledgeable, but rather rude. Our 2nd visit, a year later, was about the same. Our last visit was two weeks ago, and what a difference!!! He was friendly, helpful, patient, and even spent about 30 minutes with us discussing my son's condition. Very happy with him now and impressed with the change!

January 12th, 2010

Dr. Thornton is thorough and speaks to my son "man to man." We drive a considerable way to see him, rather than someone closer, because of his professional skills and his excellent "bedside manner."

June 2nd, 2009

THE BEST EVER

if you are looking for a doctor that knows his stuff - see dr. thornton. each time i have to take my son into his office we leave feeling like we've spent time with an old family friend. he takes the time to answer any question no matter how silly it may sound. he will also take the time to teach you new things that might help with your childs care. i feel like everyone in his office cares about the patients and learns the family - best doctor ever!!!

May 28th, 2009

Great experience

He was very informative and was able to connect with my child. Was joking around and made the visit a pleasure!

March 26th, 2009

he is rude and can get very nasty the first time I took my daughter I left in tears because of the hateful things he said to me. However I do still take my daughter to him because he is great at what he does and knows more about my daughters syndrome that anyone else she has seen. he is a great doctor but does indeed have a bad attitude and worse bed side manner.