Pediatrician, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Pediatric Specialist
Video profile

Jul 30th, 2013

Excellent Doctor...I will recommend him without a doubt. My daughter is doing very well and he takes the time to explain things to her and us in all of her visits.

Tough Love show details Tough Love
Jul 9th, 2012

Dr. Thornton is a no-nonsense Doctor. He expects children to learn to take control of there illness and be able to manage their own care with parental support. He can get tough on teenagers but from my perspective that is a very good example of tough love.

Horrible. show details Horrible.
May 9th, 2012

I visited Dr. Thornton when I was 14 and diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. I was treated for about a year, and told that I might be able to cease taking my medication as the disease had gone into remission. I was told to get one more round of blood work, but unless I was called and told otherwise, I could stop taking the daily medicine. About 2 years later, I was exhibiting EXTREMELY bad symptoms (sudden weight gain, fatigue, joint pain, migraines, etc.) and I returned to Dr. Thornton. He scoffed at me and said that if I was worried about gaining weight, I should go on a diet because I'd simply been eating too much. That is something extremely upsetting to hear has a 17 year old girl.Even though it turned out that I had NEVER gone into remission the first time, and he had simply had failed to check my blood results when they came back, he told me that my problem wasn't bad enough to merit treatment and that it wouldn't help. I left his office in tears, with him telling me I should "seek counseling." I ignored my symptoms for another 18 months since he acted like they were no big deal. By the time they got so bad that I went to a different doctor, my blood work showed that my thyroid had essentially stopped functioning, and the doctor said it was amazing I was able to function day-to-day. I was told that I will absolutely need to take medication daily for the rest of my life, and always should have been. He is the absolute worst doctor I have ever had exposure to, or even heard about.

Feb 28th, 2012

This doctor and his nurse practioner were wonderful!!! They educate you and are there for you whenever you need them a true blessing

Much improved! show details Much improved!
May 28th, 2011

The first time we saw Dr. Thornton was four years ago. He was seemed knowledgeable, but rather rude. Our 2nd visit, a year later, was about the same. Our last visit was two weeks ago, and what a difference!!! He was friendly, helpful, patient, and even spent about 30 minutes with us discussing my son's condition. Very happy with him now and impressed with the change!

Jan 12th, 2010

Dr. Thornton is thorough and speaks to my son "man to man." We drive a considerable way to see him, rather than someone closer, because of his professional skills and his excellent "bedside manner."

Still LOVE Dr Thornton show details Still LOVE Dr Thornton
by Marie on Dec 8th, 2009

We have been seeing Maura and Dr. Thornton for over two years and love him! We have referred many friends to him and will continue. He knows his stuff and what would we do with out him! Thanks! Marie

We love him! show details We love him!
by Lisa and Tiff Mayer on Jul 27th, 2009

Dr. Thornton is the best thing that could have happened when my daughter was diagnosed in January. He is very up front with my childs health. To some people he may seem cold and mean but truly he cares about his patience and he has been up front with me but he is respectful and friendly. My daughters diabeties are in control thanks to him. Thanks Dr.Thronton we love you.Tiff & Lisa Royse City , Texas

THE BEST EVER show details THE BEST EVER
by very satisfied mom on Jun 2nd, 2009

if you are looking for a doctor that knows his stuff - see dr. thornton. each time i have to take my son into his office we leave feeling like we've spent time with an old family friend. he takes the time to answer any question no matter how silly it may sound. he will also take the time to teach you new things that might help with your childs care. i feel like everyone in his office cares about the patients and learns the family - best doctor ever!!!

Great experience show details Great experience
by M. Cortes, Hurst, TX on May 28th, 2009

He was very informative and was able to connect with my child. Was joking around and made the visit a pleasure!

by prader-williconcerned on Mar 25th, 2009

he is rude and can get very nasty the first time I took my daughter I left in tears because of the hateful things he said to me. However I do still take my daughter to him because he is great at what he does and knows more about my daughters syndrome that anyone else she has seen. he is a great doctor but does indeed have a bad attitude and worse bed side manner.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Feb 15th, 2009

Dr. Thornton has won my heart forever. He correctly diagnosed my son with having hyperinsulinism resulting in a surgery that has saved his life. I cannot say enough good things about him. If you are looking for a brilliant doctor, look no further!!!

ASSHOLE show details ASSHOLE
by Jonathan on Dec 10th, 2008

The guy yelled at my girlfriend and made her cry. When she started crying he attacked her personally by telling her she has emotional problems.

Bad beside manner show details Bad beside manner
Jun 4th, 2008

Dr.Thornton has poor bed side manner. Was very RUDE with my daughter. Not a kid friendly office.