Dr. Paul Tippet MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

July 8th, 2016
I am extremely pleased with the care I received from Dr tippit's staff. At first I was concerned because he didn't say much. I learned that he is very quiet and he was there when I needed him.

January 14th, 2015
Dr Tippett is wonderful! He spent ample time with me during my first appointment. He diagnosed me promptly, performed surgery with confidence, and treated my condition with expertise. Because of Dr Tippett (and my husband) I have two beautiful children!

September 18th, 2013
Ruined my chances
Horrid experience. Please go to any other fertility specialist in the area, or go to another state if you have to. Developed Asherman's after he didn't perform a surgery correctly. The staff is deplorable.

July 23rd, 2013
I would not recommend Dr. Tippet to any one. They are all about the money, I wasted thousands of dollars going to him. He is cold and the only time in the 1 1/2 years that i went to him that he spoke to me was when there was bad news. I miscarried and his only comment when he called was you need a D&C we will do it tomorrow. He showed no emotion or compassion. and his bed side manner was horrible! His wife, Christy who did all of my testing was rude. When i called with a concern about my insurance she told me "If you can't afford this then maybe you should just stop....be thankful that your insurance covers what it does..." She showed no compassion. Once when I expressed my disappointment in having to wait a month to try again again I was told it's just a month what's one more month. When you have been trying for years this is not what you what to hear. I am now seeing Dr. Wakim from Magee I should have gone to Magee first. They are running the appropriate tests. They are working with my insurance company and they answer all of my questions. The nurses never treat me like I am a bother. I'm not just a bank account. Don't bother with Dr. Tippet!

May 23rd, 2013
Pregnant after 3.5 yrs!
I had been through all the fertility testing at my previous doctors office to no avail. I can't testify about most of the testing because my records were transferred. Within 5 minutes of meeting with Dr. Tippet he said he was 95% sure due to my family history and symptoms that I had endometriosis, all things my previous doctor had discounted. Dr. Tippet is very matter of fact, no sugar coating just the facts, which is exactly what I needed and wanted. We scheduled the surgery and I'm happy to say that 2 cycles after I'm pregnant! Kristy was always willing to answer my questions and always very helpful. They called with test results the same day and our experience with them has been great! So thankful we decided to go here. The nurses and ultrasound technicians are all very nice. We never had any bad experiences with them.

March 20th, 2013
I was very pleased with my first appointment with Dr. Tippett. Very professional and courteous staff.

February 5th, 2013
a
Dr Paul D Tippet is cold and impersonal I felt like he saw me as nothing but his next paycheck. Worst bedside manner and good luck getting a call about your results you have to call them. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere!!

October 6th, 2012
My visit with Dr. Tippet was very good. My experience with Christy was not professional. She is rude, no compassion, and talks down to her staff. I was in the office when this took place. Her voice carries and I don't think she realizes it.

August 28th, 2012
Very Good Doctor
Dr. Tippett is a very caring and thorough doctor. His office staff is wonderful, and I can't say enough about Christy, his wife and nurse. I will say that I definitely felt that if I wanted a conversation or more than basic information, I had to be prepared to ask questions. Dr. Tippett focuses on the medical issue and solution, not entertaining you, which may be why some patients don't enjoy his bedside manner. He gave me clear answers in terms I could understand. He reassured me when I had fears, but certainly didn't coddle me. Don't expect to be coddled. I had the appropriate amount of testing. I also want to note that when I had surgery, every nurse or other worker in the hospital raved over his expertise and was very happy for me to have Dr. Tippett. I'm very happy to say that my surgery went well, and I am pregnant after one IUI attempt!

August 22nd, 2012
Look somewhere else!
After seeing Dr. Tippet for about 1 year and not being able to get pregnant, we decided to see another fertility specialist. When meeting with the new dr. they stated that there were tests Tippet should have preformed and that our levels were never adequate for insemination! Dr. Tippet preformed 2 IUIs that should have never been completed. When I would call the staff about side effects from medicines or injections they really did not seem to care just told me to go to ER if it was that bad. A few of the staff members were very nice, but I was not impressed with Dr. Tippet and his personality. I rarely saw him when visiting the office and when I did he was very short...but didn't mind receiving my payment. I would look around if you are trying to find a fertility doctor...read the reviews...I wish I would have before we began at his practice...we wouldn't have been out money and maybe would have gotten pregnant!

August 1st, 2012
Gave me a beautiful boy!!
This doctors bedside manner was not the best but he diagnosed my problem and we were successful conceiving a beautiful baby boy on the first try!!

May 5th, 2012
Insensitive and horrible care
Did not check anything that should have been checked with my complaints. There was no appropriate laboratory testing done to help diagnose, let along correct some serious health issues. Thankfully found a caring and competent physician that was interested in finding out what was wrong and fix me.