Dr. Paul Tortland DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 20th, 2016
I saw him many years ago. He has been the best doctor I've seen for my SI joint issues which I'm still being treated for. I did not feel rushed or like a number. He listened to my complaints and was always thorough. Prolo helped considerably - my leg didn't feel like it was falling off after treatments. I wish there was a cone of him and his staff down here in South Carolina because the Drs I see now just want to band aid remedy and walk out the door while I'm answering their questions.

November 20th, 2013
So discouraged after all this time
Dr. Tortland used to be a great doctor. He showed professionalism and ethics in his work and his treatments always helped me so much. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident almost a long time ago that required treatments that no other doctor at the time could perform. He basically got me pain free again after two years of day and night pain! But then he started growing his office staff and became more "school-oriented." He'd have students come in during my appointments to watch what he'd do and he stopped regarding me personally but instead as a subject. Over time his fame as a doctor got to his head and now he could care less about his patients. He won't see car accident cases because it's too much work for him (I'm assuming paper-work - disability ratings, info from past exams, etc.). He didn't even walk into the room when a family member needed his help simply because we had had a motor vehicle accident recently. I used to enjoy seeing Dr. Tortland - and I still do to some degree... but the schematics of his office policies are just terrible. Some of the new office staff they recently hired on are so bad that after almost a decade of working with Dr. Tortland, I'm ready to finally call it quits. Dr. Tortland doesn't care about his patients anymore. It seems as though it's all about money now and ease of obtaining it. He doesn't want to help the patient. He wants to help himself now. I can only assume he wants to retire soon at this point in his career.

November 22nd, 2012
procedure made things worse., never communicated with me after that. He was professional before the treatment, after it went wrong he never communicated with me. went into the office to see him, saw the medical assistant instead, never discussed alternatives, never returned phone calls or emails. was told no one got worse from the procedure. i got 50% worse.