Dr. Paul Tortland DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 26th, 2016
HORRIBLE, TRAGIC RESULTS
Dr Tortland was supposed to do nerve hydrodissection to release nerves relating to pelvic pain. I have MORE nerve entrapment and tissue buildup around the nerves he injected as a result of his work. One area he injected was near the groin. His injections affected the nerves in my abdomen and my digestive system. I now have severe labia pain and severe abdominal pain. For weeks afterwards, I was nauseous and was vomiting. Two times, I had to go to the ER. Seven months later, I have more pelvic pain (and abdominal pain) as a result of his injections. I have been emailing him and contacting his office to try to find out what he did and how he can resolve my issues. I have yet to hear from him. Nerve hydrodisection should be done with saline solution. For some reason, he injected an irritant (DW5), which builds tissue and should be used for regenerative injections. I specifically asked that DW5 not be used on my body. I have no idea why he did what he did, but I hope I hear from him after he reads this review. I need help and pain relief from the work he did. I'm aware he is an excellent well-respected physician...but his work on me was horrible, tragic.

July 20th, 2016
I saw him many years ago. He has been the best doctor I've seen for my SI joint issues which I'm still being treated for. I did not feel rushed or like a number. He listened to my complaints and was always thorough. Prolo helped considerably - my leg didn't feel like it was falling off after treatments. I wish there was a cone of him and his staff down here in South Carolina because the Drs I see now just want to band aid remedy and walk out the door while I'm answering their questions.

November 20th, 2013
So discouraged after all this time
Dr. Tortland used to be a great doctor. He showed professionalism and ethics in his work and his treatments always helped me so much. I was involved in a motor vehicle accident almost a long time ago that required treatments that no other doctor at the time could perform. He basically got me pain free again after two years of day and night pain! But then he started growing his office staff and became more "school-oriented." He'd have students come in during my appointments to watch what he'd do and he stopped regarding me personally but instead as a subject. Over time his fame as a doctor got to his head and now he could care less about his patients. He won't see car accident cases because it's too much work for him (I'm assuming paper-work - disability ratings, info from past exams, etc.). He didn't even walk into the room when a family member needed his help simply because we had had a motor vehicle accident recently. I used to enjoy seeing Dr. Tortland - and I still do to some degree... but the schematics of his office policies are just terrible. Some of the new office staff they recently hired on are so bad that after almost a decade of working with Dr. Tortland, I'm ready to finally call it quits. Dr. Tortland doesn't care about his patients anymore. It seems as though it's all about money now and ease of obtaining it. He doesn't want to help the patient. He wants to help himself now. I can only assume he wants to retire soon at this point in his career.

November 22nd, 2012
procedure made things worse., never communicated with me after that. He was professional before the treatment, after it went wrong he never communicated with me. went into the office to see him, saw the medical assistant instead, never discussed alternatives, never returned phone calls or emails. was told no one got worse from the procedure. i got 50% worse.