Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
1245 16th St
Ste 202
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-319-1234
Locations and availability (2)

1.0

|  Don't go to Dr. Tsou  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

I fractured my elbow and went to Dr. Tsou following my initial visit to UCLA- Santa Monica emergency room. I couldn't drive to my usual doctors at Cedars. All other orthos at UCLA had no immediate appointments, so they gave me to Tsou. He was uncommunicative, didn't look me in the eyes when speaking to me, didn't respond to questions or remarks, and didn't show me where the radial head was broken in the x-ray. All he said was "Nothing to do but let it heal. You will probably have arthritis there for rest of your life." No further explanation. I had two subsequent appointments with him, each as unsatisfactory as the previous. He finally showed me the fracture when I requested, twice, that he do so during my last appointment. He said " It is healing. You do not have to come back." I asked if I needed to go to PT, since I couldn't straighten my elbow and was still in considerable pain. He said "That will not help you." I asked what I should do then and he said just to put my arm on a table and try to straighten it. I then reminded him that he had sent me for x-rays of my neck and back, which hurt and had muscle spasms after the fall. He hadn't remembered that he had even sent me. It was an exacerbation of an old bad injury, and he said "You have arthritis. What do you want me to do ?" I was shocked and said "what?" so he said " You asking me to treat your neck and back?" at which point I thought to myself "RUN !!!!" I would advise you to do the same. Turns out he has a lot of bad reviews like this on the web.

|  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

dr tsou had to remove a halo from my ankle/leg and he did not give me any numbing medication or anything. I went into shock while my wife laid across my upper body to hold me down and my child watched in horror! I'm still experiencing pain and this was 2 years ago. shame on you Paul Tsou!

|  Excessive wait and indifferent bedside manner  |  show details
by Dan on Oct 29th, 2009

I saw Dr. Tsou twice for a lower back injury, and ended up canceling my third appointment after arriving 15 minutes early and waiting over an hour and a half beyond my scheduled appointment time, at which point I was told there were still 2 patients ahead of me. Dr. Tsou appeared to have trouble reading the xray, but did not bother ordering a new one. He was unable to recommend what level of activity would be safe for me, and could not provide answers even to questions about the safety of performing specific exercises. Time spent with the doctor - less than 10 minutes.2nd visit, two weeks later: He didn't remember anything we'd discussed on the initial visit, and had not bothered to note any of it in the file. He simply prescribed the same medication, told me to wait another two weeks, and again was unable to provide any specifics regarding what activities (including work) would be safe to undertake. The whole appointment lasted less than 5 mintues. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, particulrly any patients who are more physically active, as he does not appear at all equipped to handle those needs.