Dr. Paul Urbanek MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 27th, 2013
Horrible Bedside Manner
Dr. Urbanek was treating our infant daughter before we switched to Boston Children's. He has a horrible bedside manner and is in and out the door. When he is done with the exam he just leaves the room, even if you are trying to ask questions. If he answers the questions it is while is standing in the doorway and answers them very vaguely and in a hurry. He doesn't elaborate with his answers either and doesn't give you the whole picture. We were not at all comfortable with him and didn't really have any faith in him to treat our daughter. We left his office upset and confused every time. He seems to know what he is talking about medically but that is only one part of being a doctor as far as I'm concerned. Do yourself a favor and make the trip to Boston Children's...I wish we would have went their in the first place.

October 11th, 2012
horrible doctor
diagnosed my son with nothing wrong saying he is "just a kid" got a second opinion at boston childrens and in fact my son did have a problem with his legs.

June 19th, 2012
Gives Concord Ortho a bad name
This physician was downright rude to my son and I. He looked at the x-ray and stated "well it's definitely broken - nothing we can do for you". He went on to suggest we could take off the sling and do some pendulum exercises. The exercises were excruciating to my child and the swelling became much worse. I took my child to a provider at DHMC and he immediately put my child in a splint, told us to not do any exercises. Dr. Urbanek was dismissive and arrogant. We will never go back to him if any of our other 3 children have problems.

May 15th, 2012
I think he is arrogant and full of himself he thinks hes alot better than he actually is you ask him a question he cant answer it he says that braces are wrong but wont provid better suggestions u call to ask a questions and hes going on vacation so he cant be bothered to try and answer your question when i tell other health professionals they are completely disgusted by him and would not recommend him to anyone im sorry i let my kid see him

September 14th, 2011
Dr. Urbanek was provided information via fax from the physical therapist working with our child, it discussed issues with the shape of our child's head, and the shape and location of our child's jaw, when we asked him what he thought of the fax, he chucked, and dismissed it with a pompous grin and chuckle. Now his arrogance may cost our child correct posture, growth, and ability to walk and move correctly.

October 1st, 2009
We did not like this doctor at all. My child was ignored when he would ask question regarding their scoliosis. Did not take the precautionary measures that would have been required to receive and accurate diagnose even though he admitted that what the x-rays we had were not good enough to conclude a proper diagnose. He was just very unprofessional according to my standards.

July 4th, 2008
Scoliosis expert
My son had rods inplanted in his back for scoliosis, this MD was extremely patient with all of our questions. He treated my 16 yr old as an adult. we were very comfortable with him

April 7th, 2017