Dr. Paul Vanek Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Mentor, OH

3.6

January 6th, 2017
Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant
I have wanted to get surgery on my nose for at least ten years but never did due to either cost or the misconception and reputation that surrounds plastic surgery. In April 2015 my story really begins when I began to suffer from horrible ear pain, sinus pressure and ringing ears. I did not know what was wrong with me. I went to my general practitioner, who found I had a sinus infection, which was followed by antibiotics but nothing helped. It only got worse. This led me to an ENT, whom I visited multiple times and had multiple tests done from allergy to hearing to figure out the problem. Finally, my ENT found I had a deviated septum, which had always been there but only had gotten worse as my body changed. The solution was surgery. However, my ENT wanted to try other routes instead and I spent almost one year with prescription strength Flonase. June 2016 I began my search for surgery after flying on an airplane four times and suffering from the worst crippling migraine ever. The nose spray had worked somewhat in 2015 in flights, but was useless by June 2016. This jumps back to the fact I've never liked my nose. I started to search for a surgeon who would both be able to accomplish the medical tasks and cosmetic. I went to over five consultations. Each doctor was about money. Money, money, money. The one actually wanted me to put up $600 to book a surgery date the first consult and he never did any images to show me what I would look like after. Finally, without any hope I went on another trip to LA and was browsing through an inflight magazine on United. It had listed all of the best surgeons across the country based on state. Dr. Paul Vanek was ranked the top for the entire Cleveland and surrounding areas. When I got home, I made an appointment and met with them about two weeks later. The entire staff is over the top genuinely nice. The other places I went tried to be gimmicky. They wore tight leopard print clothes, stiletto heels, and all had the same haircut and bad attitude to match. Dr. Vanek's office was an amazing experience. It's like talking with close friends. They want you to be happy, it's not about the money, it is not about pushing you into any other surgeries, it is about focusing on you and your happiness. He also does not rush you. Several consults, phone calls and back and forth on what I wanted I finally pinned my date for surgery down. They were VERY patient with me and never rushed me. They didn't force any crazy fee on me to book a room and reserve a date without seeing pictures first, they just want you to be comfortable and to be happy. On Dec 29, 2016 I had a rhinoplasty to fix my nose cosmetically and medically so I can breathe (WHICH I CAN) I can breathe out of both sides of my nose now. My ears are no longer congested either and so far, no headaches. The surgery for both took about four and half to five hours. I also had my chin fitted with an implant. On top of Dr. Vanek's amazing service, the Mentor Surgical Center which is in the same complex as his building is also very professional, courteous and so kind and warm. They made what should have been nerve wracking, comforting. I did not have any pain when I was done. You can take pain meds, but I didn't need to. Yes, it was that painless. No, I'm not lying. I did not take a single pain pill during the five days you have to wear the cast. I did take two pain pills the day they take the splints out of your nose which he told me to. He was right, that part sucked. I did not bruise at all. I am fair skinned and blue eyed and did not suffer any bruising. My nose was everything I wanted. My chin is still a bit swollen but that takes about a month to finally show you the full results. I am writing this post on day 8. I breathe! My chin isn't tight, and I'm back to eating. Just know recovery is sort of rough if you get medical done. You will bleed more than if it is just cosmetic. You'll be congested and won't be able to taste food. But it is ALL WORTH IT. I definitely recommend Dr. Vanek. I didn't receive any compensation for this review. This is ALL FROM the heart. To the person who commented on the liposuction results, surgery can only do so much. Your body can react in many ways, and there are places you can go, like the gym. Lipo is usually not a one time thing either.

December 6th, 2016
Amazed!
I went to my consultation with Dr. Vanek because I have worked in a clinical setting and have seen beautiful outcomes and so many happy patients who just loved him. I was immediately impressed just walking through the office door. This looks nothing like a clinical setting, but more like a relaxing spa that instantly calms the nerves.

September 9th, 2016
Entire office staff was wonderful! Everyone was so sweet and attentive. Dr. Vanek is a really good person and doctor. I would definitely recommend.

July 7th, 2016
Very Unhappy!!!!
I have a feeling he is having his staff write glowing comments. I was very unhappy with my liposuction results and when I tried having a conversation about it he became very rude and defensive. Arrogant does not begin to describe this man!

March 10th, 2016
Far Exceeded My Expectations
I had a breast augmentation done with Dr. Vanek and am currently one week post-op. I have to say this was such as awesome experience from start to finish. First of all I could absolutely NOT be happier with the results. My breasts are absolutely perfect - perfect size, perfect shape, and I was very worried as I am somewhat of a perfectionist. It was very important to me that they looked natural. The results are literally picture perfect and far exceeded my expectations. Dr. Vanek and his staff are extremely personable, warm and friendly. I'm really not a people person but still felt extremely comfortable in all of my interactions with them. Each member of the staff treats you like part of the family. They seem to understand that this is can be an emotional and mentally challenging journey and they constantly treat you with kindness, understanding, empathy, encouragement, and respect. Dr. Vanek was extremely gentle in every aspect of his care, explained everything to a T, and answered all of my questions. My time was respected, my concerns were respected. I felt extremely comfortable in his care throughout the entire process. It was one of those experiences with a business where you feel like a person and not just a number. I could NOT make up my mind on the profile and size so I asked him for help - I went with Dr. Vanek's recommendation. He understood my vision and he was absolutely right - I am so happy with my final decision. The procedure itself went exactly as he said it would. It took about an hour and I was home that afternoon. I needed help moving around - at the end of the day it is a major surgery. Yes you will experience pain and discomfort, but they do prescribe pain medication that basically alleviated all of it for me personally. Expect to have limited upper body flexibility for the first week - the first day or two I was basically a T-Rex - but each day gets better after that. I could not be happier with my decision to have this procedure done, couldn't have even dreamed of better results and could not have been treated better than I was by Dr. Vanek and his staff. I was respected, everything happened exactly as I was told it would, and I would highly recommend him to anybody looking to have this procedure done.

February 11th, 2016
I had to have silicone implants removed because they were leaking and replaced with new implants. I wanted to have the implants removed as soon as possible and Dr. Vanek was able to see me immediately. He and his staff were so kind and reassuring that everything would be fine. Everyone in Dr. Vanek's office is very friendly and courteous and made me feel very comfortable. I felt like I was in good hands and was not worried about my surgery. My new breasts are perfect. I am so pleased with the results and very grateful to Dr. Vanek. I would recommend him to anyone.

January 28th, 2016
Dr. Vanek is an amazing doctor!! He is not only an excellent physician, but is extremely friendly and kind. I am absolutely thrilled with my breast augmentation and would highly recommend Dr. Vanek to anyone looking for an incredible plastic surgeon!

January 14th, 2016
Wonderful you are treated like a queen from your very first visit. I'm four months out from breast augmentation and am so very happy.

January 5th, 2016
I recently had a cosmetic surgery procedure done by Dr. Vanek, and I have nothing but great things to say. His entire staff is very welcoming and friendly, and the procedure is easier than I every could have imagined. I was out and about doing normal activities 2 days later, with barely any pain. I was in and out of the surgery center and everything went about as smooth as it could go. The results I have are incredible and I couldn't be happier. Dr. Vanek truly cares about his patients and their well-being, and it shows through the visits I had with him and the results from the procedure.

December 20th, 2015
This is the plastic surgeon you want
I recently moved to Ohio to be closer to family and when I applied for my driver’s license, the BMV woman who was taking my photo (no spring chicken herself) kept telling me to tilt my head back to tighten up my turkey neck feature. I’m sure she was trying to get the best head shot that she could get but that was my wake up call. I went home and really looked in the mirror and realized that I had been so busy living life that I neglected me. I asked my son-in-law, who is an oral surgeon, if he could recommend a plastic surgeon and he highly recommended Dr. Vanek. That was the best call I ever made. Dr. Vanek’s credentials are impressive but those credentials are reinforced with the genuine care he has for his patients. Everything was clearly explained, the surgery went great and the follow up was wonderful. Dr. Vanek not only gave me back a refreshed look but an attitude adjustment as well. He gave me back confidence. On a recent visit out of state to be with my sister for her major surgery, she said “Your face looks so beautiful – that move to Ohio to be close to your grandkids has done wonders for you.” I didn’t mention that Dr. Vanek was the real secret behind how I looked. When a caregiver in the assisted care home told my sister (who is 2 years older than I am) that it was so nice that her daughter (referring to me) came to visit, we both laughed. Former co-workers and even my younger daughter raved over how good I looked but couldn’t put their finger on what was different. That just reinforced my decision in having Dr. Vanek turn back the clock of time. He is a true artist and I am so grateful for the wonderful job he did.

December 11th, 2015
Breast Augmentation
Dr. Vanek and his staff went above and beyond to make me feel like part of their family. He is exactly what is needed in healthcare today. He held my hand when I was nervous, kissed my cheek when I was happy. And gave me the confidence I had always dreamed of. I can not thank him & his staff enough. Hands down the best plastic surgeon I could have ever chose. I recommend him to everyone. He goes above and beyond and that is what sets him miles above any other surgeon around. Not to mention my surgery was perfect and my breasts are even more perfect. A+

December 4th, 2015
Amazing!!!!
Dr. Vanek is an amazing Dr. And goes above and beyond what any Dr. Would do. He only hires the best staff that is kind and caring like he is, they are awesome people and Dr. Vanek is a blessing and was there for me when he didn't have to be. He chose to be and really cared about my well-being. He is someone I am happy to call my friend. They make u feel like family and it makes you want to just stay and talk and hang out , you couldn't ask for a better place.!!!!!