Dr. Paul Walsh MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
Dr. Paul Walsh-Extremely Unprofessional and Rude
I was released from the hospital after having major back surgery to treat scoliosis about a week before being taken into the ER by ambulance on this occasion. This was not my first trip to the ER, as I had to go 3 other times to get my pain under control. I had spinal fusion from T4 to L4 which is basically my entire spine. I do not think I have or ever will be in this much pain again in my entire life. One of those times in the ER, the ER doctor prescribed me some pretty high dosed narcotics and told me to take those instead of the lower dosed Norco I had at home. One thing my highly qualified surgeon told me was that I could NOT take anything that was an anti-inflammatory as it could hinder my bone fusion. So, back to Dr. Walsh, a Pediatric ER "doctor". I was taken in by ambulance this day because I had fallen straight on my back on the tile floor. I was in extreme pain and could barely move so we just decided to call 911. All I really came to the ER for was an x-ray to make sure that my rods and screws were still in place. But yes, I was in a lot of pain so they gave me some pain meds in the ER. Once Dr. Walsh found out I was still taking narcotics after only a week and have of surgery, he freaked out. He had seen that I had been to the ER a few times prior and that they had given me pain meds each time. I am only 19 years old. Never taken a narcotic in my life before this surgery. He then accuses me of basically making up the fall to get more narcotics. He told me that I would die if I immediately stopped taking the drugs I was on. (I stopped when I got home and here I still am, haha). He then explains to me he will prescribe me anti-inflammatory drugs to ease my pain. I told him my surgeon would disagree and he then got very firm and loud with me and accused me of abusing the narcotics. He said my surgeons "theory" is wrong and that there was a study done on animals that proved him wrong. A study, 1 study. Is he nuts?! So, I went home and did as he told me and on the next weekday, I called my surgeon and told him what he prescribed. They told me to absolutely not take those meds and to continue taking the narcotics. My point here is that Dr. Walsh does not know what he is talking about. He made me cry in the ER because of what he was accusing me of. Drug abuse is something I am very passionate about fixing and I know that I would never go down that path. Dr. Walsh treated me awfully. I would never recommend that you see this highly unqualified "doctor".

April 22nd, 2012
Very caring and Great at what he does
Without getting into detail about what my child had... Dr. Walsh was very friendly and informative... and had a great bedside manner

June 6th, 2017