Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 25th, 2014

I saw Dr. Whatley for a second opinion on my ACL, and he offered some options I was not given before. I chose him to do my surgery, and could not be happier with my results. Back to baseball, and feels even stronger than before I hurt it! Would fully recommend him to anybody.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Morgan S. on Oct 19th, 2013

Dr. Whatley saved my leg and my career. After my injury, I was unable to walk, and after my surgery, it's like nothing ever happened. He is an amazing, caring doctor who really knows how to handle complicated problems other doctors didn't. I have friends who have seen him, and also would highly recommend him.

Do NOT Recommend show details Do NOT Recommend
by Cate on Sep 19th, 2013

I DO NOT recommend Dr. Whatley. I suggest you run, fast. I had him do a knee surgery on me in November in 2012 and completely mess up my knee on a very simple procedure. He and his nurse were VERY rude and unhelpful. I called them on a Monday morning to get more pain medicine prescribed and did not get a return phone call until Wednesday NIGHT. I was then not given any pain medicine until Thursday Evening. And what they gave me was weaker than what I told them I had been taking. I had to have my knee drained the following week by my Sports Medicine/PCP after Dr. Whatley said my knee was fine. I can tell you, it was NOT fine. My PCP was furious! Also had to have a steroid injection. This was a month post surgery. I also had a friend have a very similar experience. I had to have ANOTHER knee surgery done to correct his mistakes and fix a critical problem he overlooked, this September 2013 by a brilliant doctor. The surgery Dr.Whatley performed was a routine two incision scope and I was unable to walk or put any weight on my leg for 3 weeks. The surgery I had to correct his screw up I was able to put weight on it and take baby steps in the hospital post surgery and it was a MUCH more invasive procedure. He also has an accuracy of diagnoses rating of 2.8 on another site. That means he gets HALF of his patients diagnoses correct. I also know he did surgery on a friend of mine when she in fact did not require surgery once he got in there, or so he thought. Overall, he is one of those doctors who is licensed and should NOT be.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Whatley is very caring and compassionate. He helped me greatly, and I would recommend him highly.

Awesome Experience show details Awesome Experience
Jul 6th, 2012

Dr. Whatley performed surgery on my shoulder last week. I was so pleased with the service from the office staff, nurses and of course Dr. Whatley. I felt at ease from the moment he walked in the room. Dr. whatley broke everything down to where I was able to understand what my options were. I had been to 2 doctors before Dr. Whatley and I can say right now he is my doctor from here on out. He and his staff are very professional and compassionate! The surgery went well and I'm on my way to recovery. I definitely recommend Dr. Whatley and his staff to my family and friends.

Jun 25th, 2012

Dr. Wantley looks young but is very caring about you. I high recommed him. I had a plate with several pins and now 6 mon later my scare looks awesome, recommed him highly.

Exceptional Care show details Exceptional Care
Feb 9th, 2010

We are so fortunate to have such a well-trained, compassionate, and skilled orthopedic surgeon in our community. I was very pleased.