Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Perinatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.8205128205128 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.8205128205128 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Best Doctor Ever!  |  show details
by Erin G. on Oct 26th, 2014

Dr. Wilkes is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had. He listened to every question and concern and addressed them all. He took the best care of me and my babies and I would trust him with anything. Extremely qualified, professional, and kind. He went above and beyond through my entire pregnancy.

|  What really matters  |  show details
by Chris B on Sep 27th, 2014

I know how you feel.. About a week after I first met Dr Wilkes I saw the bar rescue episode that is so infamous, and it really disturbed me. I didn't know what to believe, and went back and forth on whether or not I should find another dr. I kept thinking, why would he agree to be shown in that light?? I eventually agreed with my wife to listen to the many many positive experiences his patients have had, and give him a chance. In the back of my mind, I told myself I would keep a close eye on him and any creepy vibe I got from him, I would demand a different dr. We have seen him many times, and that creepy vibe has never ever came. This is a genuine dude! He makes u feel very very comfortable and has an awesome bed side manner. My wife is expecting twins and recently had to have a cerclage put in at 24 weeks. We were very worried because a lot of doctors refuse to do it past 20 weeks because of the risk of complications. While at the hospital, the nurses would ask who our dr was and when we told the, it was Dr. Paul Wilkes, they would say we are in very good hands, use words like "gifted", and they said he is the dr they call in when another dr can't do a complicated procedure. One nurse who has been in the field over 15 years said Dr. Wilkes will be her daughters dr when she gets pregnant. These nurses are not on his staff. Needless to say, the procedure was a success. Dr Wilkes came to talk to me within 20 minutes of my wife leaving for the procedure, and told me it was good we had it done. He saw that the sac was right at the mouth of the cervix, but he was able to position the head of the bed near the floor and let gravity bring the sac away from the cervix, allowing him to place a successful stitch. I apologize for the long entry, but long story short, this guy knows his sh*t. And his bedside manner is impeccable. I swear to you, I had the same reservations you do (if u saw the bar rescue episode), but give him one appt to change your mind. And remember, it is reality tv and he did file a lawsuit for them using footage he didn't sign off on.

|  The Best  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2014

From pregnancy to delivery, we couldn't have asked for a better experience than what we had with Dr. Wilkes and his team. My husband and I trusted Dr. Wilkes 100% with our baby and pregnancy. Extremely thorough, caring and informative. I appreciated that he spoke to my husband as much as he did with me.

|  Baby Catcher  |  show details
by Jenny O. Calleri on Jun 17th, 2014

Amazing bedside manner! Could not have asked for a better baby. Catcher ;-) true professional and the best in his field! Awesome staff and classy establishment!

|  Love him!  |  show details
May 30th, 2014

Very caring and compassionate doctor. I would not have trusted anyone else to bring my daughter into the world.

|  Oink Oink  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2014

He's a pig. Don't show him your arm and remember- elephant ears are deal breakers for him.

|  Don't Go Near This Man  |  show details
by Against Pervs on Jan 29th, 2014

Saw this man and his absolutely vulgar and crude comments about women on Bar Rescue and was shocked to learn he was a physician. I wouldn't get near this man or advise any one I know to be seen by him. He may have the credentials but he's degraded his profession with his creepy, shocking and perverse comments about women and their bodies. Disgusting!

|  Saved my baby  |  show details
by Mom of 2 on Oct 7th, 2013

Who cares about Bar Rescue when they are dealing with their child? This man saved my baby and delivered her a brother 18 months later. Best doctor ever. If all you do is watch tv, go get a reality check. This is silly. TV is not reality!

by Cathy Hall on Aug 7th, 2013

Dr.Wilkes is the best doctor I have ever had. He cared for me through my high risk twin pregnancy and made next day arrangements to do my C-section on a Friday night since I was starting to show some complications, though my babies were doing ok. Well that Friday nite at 6 pm happened to be HIS own birthday. So he left his own birthday party with his family to come to summerlin hospital to deliver my twin sons into this world and really made me feel like he wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world at that time, We send him a card every year. If I were still in Vegas I wouldn't see another GYN ever. He is the best. I dealt with a lot of stress, worry and personal problems both during my pregnancy and post partum and he was there for me. A great listener and an encourager. The kind of empathy you expect from a friend, not necessarily your doctor. The kind of crap that gets scripted and put together for a dumb show like Bar Rescue is not a testament to who he is as a doctor. I have NEVER heard one negative thing about him and I work in the medical field. He is wonderful and gracious to his staff who rave about him.

|  Best OBGYN I have ever had!  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2013

Dr. Wilkes was always supportive and very professional throughout a tough pregnancy for me. I would highly suggest him to anyone!

|  Very nice doctor  |  show details
by Swetha Akkala on Jul 10th, 2013

Very nice doctor. He spends good amount of time with the patient and tries to answers all of our questions. But at the time of delivery he had to go to a trip to India and some other doctor (she was also very very good) delivered my baby. We did not inquire anything about this doctor. Just went by a friend's suggestion and turned out to be a very very good choice. Once again Thank you very much Dr.Wilkes.

|  Bar Rescue Pervert  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2013

If you haven't watched Spike's hit show "Bar Rescue" then I suggest you do prior to making an appointment with this pervert. He makes raunchy and super perverted comments on this show to random customers at a bar he co-owns. He is very degrading, although he had a turnaround in the show, I still wouldn't trust him. This review is strictly regarding his character portrayed and not his practicing of medicine. I just wouldn't want this guy to look at my wife's vagina (Which by the way looks like the crease in your elbow, so he says).

Mark as Helpful  | 16 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Awesome Dr  |  show details
by Rhi Murray on May 1st, 2013

He has to be one of the best doctors ever. He was there every step of the way. He helped me through a difficult pregnancy and afterbirth. Him and his staff are so loving and caring. He has a great bedside manner.

|  Terrific Office and Doctor  |  show details
by Recent Father on Feb 25th, 2013

Having dealt with numerous Dr's offices in the Las Vegas, this one stands out as the best. Why? First, the business office actual knows what they are doing and are courteous about it. They know what things will cost, get back to you about questions and handle everything with great professionalism. Second, the medical staff is knowledgeable, honest, friendly, dedicated and focused on the details. Lastly and most importantly, Dr. Wilkes is compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and willing to go to any length to make sure you are comfortable with his care and the decisions that need to be made while going through any pregnancy. Dr Wilkes and Adashek are terrific doctors and run an excellent practice. If you are having a baby, go here. You should note that sometimes wait times can be a little longer then you might like but it is only because they actually spend time with their patients and deliver babies daily which can certainly put a crimp in any schedule. So wait the extra minute, it is worth it.

|  Awesome doctor and friend!  |  show details
by Karen manuel on Jan 27th, 2013

We were sent to Dr. Wilkes after losing one of our twins at 13 weeks and after meeting him it took me and my husband about 2 seconds to decide to stay with him and his staff through the whole pregnancy. And the pregnancy of our second child. I wouldn't trust the health of me or my babies during pregnancy to anyone else. He is and will forever be a part of our family.

Nov 15th, 2012

He is amazing!!

|  best doctor ever!  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2011

We love Dr. Wilkes! He was so compassionate with us. We were diagnosed with Gastroschisis at 14 weeks (had been planning on having a home birth with midwife). He always made us feel comfortable and monitored our baby to the maximum. He delivered just in time for her to be able to breath on her own. Through the whole thing he and his practice have been a source of support. Thank you DPA and Dr. Wilkes for delivering our miracle. We trust you with our lives!

|  Patient  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

Fantastic Experience!!!!!! So glad my twins were brought into the world by Dr. Wilkes and his Associates. Nurses were wonderful.

|  Dr. Wilkes is an AMAZING doctor  |  show details
by Bonnie Brown on Dec 28th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Wilkes when me & my husband found out we were pregnant. He was wonderful when we had our baby & made all the right calls. I ended up having a c-section. His staff is very professional & friendly. I have nothing but positive things to say about him. I did have to wait for an hour and a half one time b/c I think he was in a surgery, but he's worth the wait & I'm definitely going back to him if we have a second child.

|  Best Doc in town  |  show details
by Nichole M. Faulkner on Nov 14th, 2010

Dr. Wilkes is so great, my 5 year old daughter loved going to all my checkups. I was high risk, so you would think having to go to the doctors so often would be a pain, but it was just the opposite. I looked forward to every appointment, I loved my nurses and Dr.Wilkes. Hes caring, professional, and not to mention, HOT. :-) Im just sad the experience is over and I wont be able to see him all the time. I felt as if I was in the best hands possible. I had no worries what so ever, they took care of everything. I love D.P.A. Summerlin office.

|  World's Best Doctor  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

Dr. Wilkes is our miracle doctor. He saw our family through two difficult pregnancies with successful outcomes, one of which was almost lost at 24 weeks. Without his expertise and determination to help me deliver my babies I wouldn't have made it through. I knew my unborn child and I were in the best hands possible. Not only does Dr. Wilkes explain the options to a patient, he truly gets to know your family and becomes part of your family. He and his staff genuinely care about their patients and add that personal touch to your care most doctors do not provide. You will for sure laugh every visit, feeling better when you leave then when you came in. I wish he could be our family doctor forever! Every time I look at my girls, I know I am in forever debit to Dr. Wilkes because without him my girls would not be here.

|  Exceptional physician  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

I had the pleasure of being under Dr. Paul Wilkes' care during my third pregnancy. Not only is Dr. Wilkes highly skilled and talented in maternal/fetal medicine, he possesses the rare qualities of compassion and wit - delightful attributes in a doctor. Dr. Wilkes thoughtfully guided me through my best prenatal experience out of all three of my pregnancies, the first two which were under the care of highly respected physicians in San Francisco, California. Dr. Wilkes deserves the highest recommendation and acclaim for his work.

|  Flores Family  |  show details
by Flores Family on Aug 23rd, 2010

It is a rarity, especially in Las Vegas, to find a doctor that you can COMPLETELY trust. I went to 4 OB/GYN doctors prior to meeting Dr. Wilkes, and each one of them left me wanting to run out the door. From the first meeting until present, Dr. Wilkes has shown to be truly caring... and HILARIOUS! His sense of humor is what got me through both of my pregnancies. He has delivered both of my daughters, and we were so lucky to have him from the first ultrasound to the "speedy" birth of both girls. He is like a family member. We all love him and he makes me wish I were pregnant all the time! :)

by Allyson Greeley on Jul 25th, 2010

Having had 2 high risk pregancies (both treated by Dr. Wilkes), I felt 100% comforted in Dr. Wilkes treatment plan for me. Dr. Wilkes' knowlege, expertise, & bedside manner put my mind at ease during a very difficult time for me. I continue to refer friends to Dr. Wilkes.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2010

He delivered our baby girl, from the first appointment to delivery he exceded our expectations. If he could only be our doctor.

|  "goldchains"  |  show details
by littlemike on Apr 5th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I would like to say a few words about a doctor that I truly admire. Paul Wilkes is a very kind-hearted person who understands you and your concerns.He tells you exactly what it is and does not have you wondering what he is really saying.Because with some doctors they don't take the time to really explain to you so you'll understand them, so basically you're leaving just like you went in(not knowing).Wilkes delivered both of my sons and if I ever had another baby I would go back to him.Thanks for everything Dr.Wilkes & Staff!!!! Mr.& Mrs. Smith

Read Full Review at kudzu.com