Dr. Paul Wilkes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 8th, 2016
Can't say enough good things!
Dr. Wilkes is the best doctor I have ever had in my life, great bed side manner, awesome staff, everyone is on top of it at every single location. I have not one bad thing to say!

September 15th, 2016
Great experience 8.21.2016
I had moved to nevada when I was 34 wks pregnant. Out of MANY practices, Dr Wilkes was the only one who didn't hesitate to take on my pregnancy do late in the game (yes I did have all my prenatal appointmentso prior to my move). I saw from Wilkes the first week that I arrived in Nevada. He was was awesome! That first appointment he put me at ease instantly. I informed him that I was here completely alone and will be delivering this baby alone aswell. He could tell I was scared to death. The appointment continued on with me having an ultrasound that was very in depth and informative. Then they informed me that I was having contractions every 3min so they put me on a monitor for about an hour. Dr. Wilkes then came back in to check in me and I had told him for thexample past week that I was itchy everywhere. Right then he ordered a blood test and said to call him (giving me his cell phone number which was the most comforting gesture I have ever received from any Doctor) at any hour of the day if I had had any concerns or questions. The next appointment which was only 5 days later dr Wilkes informed me that my blood test showed concerns for both baby and me, and that we needed to deliver this baby in the nxt few days. 72 hours later I had an emergency C section. I was in tears from fear alone. He gave me a genuinely caring hug and reassure me everything will be fine. He delivered a healthy baby boy at 37wks who was perfect. His team members that followed up with me in the hospital the nxt few days were great too. Dr. Wilkes an his team were very accommodating!

June 19th, 2016
If you've never been pregnant before, how do you know what to look for in a good OBGYN? When I found out we were expecting I knew I had to find a new DR because my existing gyno had stopped delivering a while back. I asked for a referral from my Dr, read every yelp review for every Dr mentioned to me by friends or coworkers and started calling to make appointments. 3 out of 4 Drs I contacted had a wait time of more than 2 months and the 4th wasn't accepted through my insurance. Fortunately for me, my gyno was willing to treat me through my first trimester until I could find an OBGYN. As fate would have it, we were finally referred to DPA and Dr. Paul Wilkes due to the "high risk" nature of my pregnancy. Before I go on about how much we LOVE Paul Wilkes...the stuff you want to know: Front Desk-by far the nicest group of ladies I've ever dealt with in a Dr's office Waiting Area-very clean, comfortable and actually has space to hold their patients and families (unlike other offices) Wait Time-this one is HUGE. I know the wait time at a lot of OBGYN offices ranges from 2-4hrs. We never waited more than 11/2hrs to see Dr. Wilkes. Any time there would be a wait of more than an hour, the staff notified everyone individually and offered snacks. The reality is, if there's an emergency or a baby on the way, these Dr's have to go. You would expect prompt attention if you were the patient in the hospital. With that being said, sometimes there's unfortunate events that occur in the office during visits and the Dr needs to spend some more time with a patient. We were fortunate enough to experience an extended wait time only once or twice. And like I mentioned above, the office communicated wonderfully anytime the wait started to exceed an hour. Besides that, I'd wait 4 hours for Dr Wilkes if I had to, that's just how much I respect him as my care provider. Expect to get an ultrasound every single visit. This was WONDERFUL!! We watched our baby grow right before our eyes. There were even times when the tech would switch over to a 4D scan. There's nothing better than seeing your baby move, grow and progress. My husband and I enjoyed Dr Wilkes so very much! He has a wonderful personality and overall bedside manner. There was NEVER a time that I felt uncomfortable asking any questions. He did not talk down to us or make us feel any question was stupid. I don't know how it's possible that after all of the time he's been practicing medicine, he was still able to make us feel like we were the only thing that mattered when we were in the room. He made our experience special and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. When it was time to deliver, we ran into some complications with the positioning of the baby and his cord. Dr Wilkes was not on call that weekend but came in anyway to deliver us. He offered options for our delivery and due to his experience and suggestions, our son was delivered naturally (assisted with forceps) and I avoided a C-Section. I do not believe that would have happened if we had selected any other Dr. If we decide on having more kids, Dr Wilkes will be our Dr without question. During our 6 week check up Dr Wilkes met our son, apologized for giving him a headache(with the forceps) and once again made myself and my husband feel like we were the only patients he had that day. The only disappointing situation in all of this is that we don't get to visit DPA or Dr Wilkes on a regular basis.

April 13th, 2016
We absolutely LOVE Dr. Wilkes. Him and his staff have become a part of our family and he will deliver all of our future children.

April 1st, 2016
The best OBGYN!
Being in the care of Dr. Wilkes has been the best experience! This was my first pregnancy and not high risk! I know he deals with very serious pregnancies and he made me fell like I was the most important, As I'm sure he does with all of his patients! There were times when I needed a prescription or a question and he would always responded within the day! I will definitely be returning to him for my next pregnancy! Grateful I found such a great doctor!

March 14th, 2016
Amazing Doctor!
Dr. Wilkes is the best doctor I've ever been seen by. He really cares for his patients and is genuine which is really hard to find these days. He took care of me and my babies very well.

January 20th, 2016
Great doctor
Dr. Wilkes is great. He is high-energy and intense, but always has a huge smile and is in a great mood. I saw him for a high-risk pregnancy and I felt great to be in his care. He gave me his cell # to text with any questions/problems. I was travelling all summer and he didn't give me a hard time about going 2 months between appointments. The office staff, nurses, and ultrasound techs are all great. There is never a long wait. When you call, you are never put on hold and someone always calls you back really quickly if you have a question for the nurse or need a prescription. Wilkes told me he truly believes birth is a miracle - that meant a lot to me. Only downside: sooooo expensive! I probably spent $2000 before I even gave birth.

January 14th, 2016
I've been a patient of Dr. Wilkes for over a year now. I was referred to him initially for my high risk pregnancy. Dr. Wilkes is amazing; I recommend him to everyone. He's always reachable and truly cares for his patients.

December 16th, 2015
Lifesaver - heaven sent doctor
You won't find a better doctor for your pregnancy then Paul Wilkes ... Hands-down the best doctor I have ever had and I am so thankful that he was able to help coach and assist me through my high-risk pregnancy and deliver my happy healthy beautiful baby girl .

November 2nd, 2015
Tsk tsk......
I have read reviews after reviews with different products and services. These sound like the same person, probably Dr. Wilkes himself, wrote the majority of them. Of course, finding out the creepy "but had a turn around" Bar Rescue guy was an OBGYN led me here. I understand the people that disliked the notion that he was a gynecologist of all things, but crappy they gave a review based on assumption, not actuality. He could very well be a fantastic Doctor, but he is far from subtle. He needs to change up the wording and style in his reviews of himself so they are more believable. ;-)

August 4th, 2015
Amazing!
Best Doctor I've ever had. I wish every doctor was as kind, caring, and informed as him

July 31st, 2015
Dr. Wilkes is the most personable and caring doctor I have had the pleasure of being a patient of.