Overall Review

2.9

February 15th, 2016
This place has horrible wait time and you are constantly asked to do numerous pointless test so that you can make the doctor richer!

June 3rd, 2015
Why bother making an appointment
Absolutely the worst doctor's office I have ever been in. The front desk staff is rude and disrespectful to patients. I WILL NEVER RETURN to this office. I waited over 4 hours even though I had a scheduled appointment. Then when I scheduled my follow up over a month in advance they called 2 days prior to cancel it and told me "too bad" when I expressed my frustration. Walk-Ins are taken in before patients with an appointment. If you visit this office be prepared to wait three hours or more and don't bother making an appointment they will cancel it on you anyway and tell you to just walk in. JUSTIN at the front desk has the worst attitude ever. Gets attitude with the patients and is extremely rude.

November 26th, 2014
LOVE THE OFFICE! I WILL BE A DALLAS FAMILY MEDICINE PATIENT FOR A LONG TIME!!
I never leave reviews for anyone but felt compelled to do so when I happened to come across and read the reviews left on this website regarding my doctor's office. I have been going there for a few years now. Prior to seeing Dr. Worrell (and his P.A.s like Camilo Paredes), I had debilitating migraines, chronic lumbar pain and unexplained syncopal episodes. Every other doctor/office that I had been to wanted to throw medication down my throat and never get to the root of my condition. Dr. Worrell's office did! I am now productive at work, fully engaged in family activities and my overall quality of life is significantly improved. As far as the staff is concerned...they are fantastic!! I love those guys! Compassionate. caring and uplifting. I have been there checking in to be seen or on my way out after my visit and have heard individual patients complain before. It is almost always regarding not wanting to pay or upset because they want antibiotics without getting seen or they want certified time off of work or...why can't I have my pain medication. It is almost always the disgruntled person that takes the time to leave a review while people like me who have excellent experiences don't bother to leave a review at all. I felt that it was necessary for me to do it this time.

November 24th, 2014
uneducated & dishonest.. bordering on unethical
I made an appointment with Dr. Worrell and received confirmation that his office received all of my medical records pryor to the appointment. When I got there, it was clear they did not attempt to retrieve my records, so I spent 20 minutes answering questions with a nurse, then was asked & answered the SAME questions with a second nurse, and then AGAIN was asked & answered the SAME questions with the physician's assistant. The was informed that I did NOT gave an appointment with Dr Worrell, but rather his PA. She offered me a referral to a local rheumatologist and said that they do NOT treat my specific condition DESPITE the doctor information I researched beforehand that advertised that he does in fact treat my condition. They told me I had a low fever, and made me feel like I should have an explanation for it, which I dod not. So, they required a urine analysis "to determine the cause of the fever" which caused further delay in getting to the reason for my appointment. When I finally had a chance to ask questions to the PA, I explained my case and homepathic goals for treating my disease. She reiterated that Dr Worrell does not treat my conditioned and does not refill my referring doctor medication scripts. She said he takes a homeopathic approach, but when I asked if he was trained in homeopathy, she said NO. I asked where his homeopathic knowledge comes from and she fumbled to find an answer. I finally said, "do you mean that takes a HOLISTIC approach? " and she said, " uh.. yes.. that's what he does.. holistic not really homeopathy." She clearly had no idea what she was talking about. Then she said that do to knew federal drug classifications, that "they" do not write or refill scripts for most of the meds I require. She actually lied to my face about the new prescription guidelines, saying that the law prohibits them to continue my prescription s from my previous doctor. She said they would be in touch with a referral for a doctor that will treat my disease. She also said they wanted to retake my temperature to check my fever. She offered no advice, didn't examine me at all, didn't answer my questions, didn't know the difference between homeopathy & holistic treatment, and looked like a deer in headlights.. inexperienced rookie. She didnt study ANY if the medical files I brought with me, didn't read my labs, medical journals or inquire about my physical pain. Overall, she treated me like a drug seeking thug, yet lacked the basic common sense to see that I had a team if doctors working with me in the state from which I came and had several records & labs to prove it. In the end, my temp was retaken and showed my chronically subnormal temperature.. which proved faulty equipment. I would discourage everyone from wasting their time with this DO and his staff. He does not treat the range if disease that his profile claims he treats. This appointment was a huge waste of time AND MONEY.

June 16th, 2014
Run far away
I show up for my appointment 15 minutes early, but it takes then 1.5 hours to see me EVERY time. They room the walk in patients before the appointments! I have been asked to reschedule or come back another day more times than I can count, though this is after they have charged my card for the deductible up front (and it takes a day or two for a refund to go through of course so I am stuck....) If you call the nurses line for any question, don't expect a call back for a month. If you use the e-mail nurse line you get a call back in about a week because they have documented proof of when you submitted it. Even my pharmacists is aware that he should avoid calling them because he will never get a call back! Front desk staff is condescending when you complain about the wait time, and always give some crazy reason as to why it's your fault. (Last time they told me I was waiting so long because I showed up 15 minutes early...so they made me wait an hour after the appointment time as punishment?) I am beyond fed up with this place, the PA's are knowledgeable, but I can find knowledge with better service elsewhere.

June 1st, 2014
lazy/stupid staff....rating refers to the STAFF
Have had problems with lazy,incompetent staff ..and if you are a staff member reading this, it likely refers to YOU.....not just a coworker.

March 23rd, 2014
WHAT HAPPENED TO CARING~~~~~~~?
I TOO, HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR. WORRELL, FOR THE LAST 20, YEARS. HE WAS, GREAT THE FIRST FEW YEARS!!! BUT AFTER HE MADE A NAME FOR HIMSELF, IT WENT TO HIS HEAD!!!!! THAT WAS AFTER MOVING INTO THE BIGGER OFFICE, THEY NOW HAVE, THE PLACE IS LIKE A FREEKIN ZOO!!!!!!!!! I ALWAYS SEE ANYONE OTHER THAN HIM , NOW. BUT THE QUALITY OF CARE, IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! I AGREE EXACTLY, WITH YOU WHEN YOU SAY, THEY DO NOT, CALL YOU AND TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG. THEY LEAVE YOU HANGING!!!! THEY USED TO REFILL MEDS. WITHOUT HAVING TO GO BACK, FOR AN OFFICE VISIT.... BUT NOW ALLLLLLL, THEY CARE ABOUT IS $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!! NOT, YOU!!!!!! I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING ELSE WHERE, FOR ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!!!! WOULD NOT, RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!

March 11th, 2014
Horrid follow up care, referrals not done.
Dr Paul Worrell Family Practice has been my physician for over 20 years. He is very knowledgeable and caring, however his office staff and lack of follow up is outrageous. He & Associates would rather throw more drugs at a medical problem then to cure the issue itself. Never mind about possible bad counter effects from drug interactions or treating the actual cause of your pain. I have asked for specific referrals to a known specialist for certain conditions and they rarely or almost never do the follow through. Seriously, I have asked multiple times directly to the Drs, PA, and referral department to forward my medical information to the proper people after signing a release and it just doesn’t get done. They have literally sat on my MRI, blood work and Sleep study results and not even called me back when I am in terrible pain. This continued inter-office lack of communication is beyond frustrating and my patience level is gone. Get this. The recording on the referrals says they usually get back to you in 2-3 business days. What a frigging joke and total lack of customer service. Talk about a poor quality of health care. How about waiting weeks or never will that work for you too? Don’t waste your time or insurance funds as this level of incompetence has risen to the point of malpractice.

November 5th, 2011
Inept P.A.'s, Billing Mistakes, Grossly Negligent Follow-up
Dr Worrell is a smart, kind, and intelligent doctor; however, he has surrounded himself with people who are destroying his name. I nearly died in the care of his P.A.'s and critical lab work not being addressed in a timely manner cost me my cervix & uterus. BE VERY PRO-ACTIVE AND HANDS-ON WITH YOUR HEALTH - THEY DON'T REALLY CARE IF YOU LIVE OR DIE AT THIS CLINIC.

September 28th, 2011
THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING
DR WORRELL HAS BEEN MY DOC SINCE HE OPENED IN THE EARLY 80'S. HE'S TAKEN ME THROUGH MANY HEALTH PROBLEMS. HE SAVED MY FRIEND FROM 2 CANCERS THAT HER DOC IGNORED FOR YEARS, CAUGHT THEM INSTANTLY. ANY VISIT I HAVE, THERE IS AN OLDIE LIKE ME WHO HAS MIRACLE STORIES. HE LISTENS WELL, SO YES YOU MAY WAIT. YES, YOU WILL SEE THE PA AT THE LAST MINUTE FOR THAT DAY OR THE NEXT, HE'S POPULAR DUE TO HIS METHODS, TRADITIONAL AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE HIM, YOU MUST MAKE AN APPT AHEAD OF TIME. AS FOR THE PA, JILL, SORRY YOU'RE SO JUDGEMENTAL, BUT SHE IS WHO I PICK FOR LAST MINUTE APPTS, AND SHE HAS NEVER STEERED ME WRONG EITHER. AS FOR THE OFFICE, DOC WORRELL AND ALL OFFICES FIGHT THE PROBLEM OF LAZINESS, IGNORANCE, AND ATTITUDE; HE FINDS THOSE PROBS, OR LISTENS TO PATIENTS LIKE ME AND DEALS WITH THE PROBLEM. I'LL STAY WITH WORRELL UNTIL I NO LONGER LIVE HERE.

June 19th, 2010
Trust him with my life
For Dr. Worrell, 'doctor' describes not just what he does for a living, but who he is. His compassion for the patient, and the holistic approach to health makes all the difference in the care he offers. He is amazingly well-informed and up to date in many areas. He believes in using preventive care to detect problems early and cutting-edge treatment to ensure the best possible outcome when dealing with chronic or acute disease or injury. He enjoys sharing the reasoning behind the treatment recommendations,and is able to cite statistics, current studies, and recent training, and put the information into patient-friendly language that helps you to truly understand what the problem is, and how the treatment will help. I've been going to him for 30 years, and hope to be with him another 30.