Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

by Monica on Jul 27th, 2016

I would recommend Dr Yim to others. He is very kind and he listen.

by Sandra H White on Mar 17th, 2016

My interest was in getting off medicine I've been taking for depression about 20 years . Todate, I've never felt better and am completely off cymbalta. I have now switched Dr Yim to my PCP as I feel he is the proper help for me at this point.

by Joan Head on Sep 30th, 2015

This doctor is one ohe most caring and knowledgeable physicians I have encountered in my lifetime. He always has time for you and never makes you feel rushed. He saved my husband`s life I have no doubt. You can make an appointment with confidence. Staff is friendly and courteous.

Excellent Service Provider show details Excellent Service Provider
Sep 17th, 2015

Dr. YIM AND HIS STAFF ARE EXCELLENT. THEY CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH THE HIGHEST DEGREE OF KINDNESS, KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING AND ACCURACEY IN MAKING A DIAGNOSIS. My husband and I are both very happy with the services that have been provided at this office. Dr. Yim also conducts regular workshops for his patience and the community so that individuals can become proactive about their own health. You will not be disappointed with his services.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by lisa on Aug 31st, 2015

Great Doctor. I have nothing bad to say at all. Very nice staff and you don't have to sit there all day!

RUN! show details RUN!
Apr 7th, 2015

Dr. Yim is a joke. My father's blood sugar dropped to 35 - we didn't know what to do so we called Dr. Yim to see if it was an emergency - he said, "give him some orange juice and check again in 20 minutes" then he hung up on me. After further research, I learned that it is a medical emergency when blood sugar drops this low and that it can cause coma or death. He IS being reported to the medical board. He apparently doesn't care about his elderly patients.

Mar 19th, 2015

After a few years, my family and I are no longer going to Dr. Yim. The only reason we started seeing him in the first place was due to being new to the area and one recommendation. He is detached from compassion and care and this attitude has been spread onto his staff as well. Even when calling to check on labs, I have always gotten a cold/terse/short answer like I was bothering them. And if you have anxiety issues, this is not the doctor. His personal beliefs and opinions get in the way of actually treating someone who truly needs medication. He doesn't spend more than 5-10 minutes with you. I had 3 emergency room visits in a 2 month period because he kept putting me on the same medication that I was having a reaction to. The last time I mentioned it, he told me to only take half the pill and if I had another reaction, we would know that was it. I ended up in the trauma room of the ER.

Jan 6th, 2015

He is a very caring doctor. I would recommend him to anybody

Very Good Doctor show details Very Good Doctor
by LK on Feb 8th, 2013

Dr Yim is a very good doctor. The staff is nice and the wait isn't that long. I would recommend him to anyone.

Old School Caring meets Modern Medicine show details Old School Caring meets Modern Medicine
Apr 23rd, 2012

Our entire family sees Dr. Yim - from our 5 yr-old daughter to my 70 yr-old mother. Dr. Yim cares about his patients and follows up with them the way doctors used to - he has even called (personally) over the weekend to check on my husband when he was really sick. He coordinates with all of my husband's specialists to make sure he gets the best treatments possible. He is also willing to help us investigate new and/or alternative treatments for ailments. I haven't had a doctor this good in a very long time!

Nov 4th, 2010

Dr Yim is a pleasant man to deal with and speak to. He is quite knowledgeable and tends to spend more-than-adequate time with his patients, as his schedule allows. I believe I am alive today because he focused on a matter of seemingly routine consequence but turned out to be life threatening. Dr Yim is a great doctor. He is open, direct, straightforward, and warm. We need more family docs like him.

Dr. Yim show details Dr. Yim
by J. M. W. on Jul 3rd, 2010

Dr. Yim could not find out what was wrong with me and sent me to 3-4 doctors and sent me back to them even though they could not help me either. My problem has been going on for over 8 months and if I had not gone in the emergency room, I still would not know what was wrong. They put me in ICU for 2 days and are still monitoring me here at home. I have a pulled muscle, but my heart rate is fluttering. The doctors are excellent. I had to change PCP to get the help I needed. Previously, Dr. Yim would not send me to a pain clinic or Vanderbilt or the emergency room. He said they could not help me. I like Dr. Yim as a person, but as a doctor, he is not qualified. I remained with him for approximately 8 years.

by Kimberley Fram and Family on Nov 27th, 2009

Doctor Yim has always been very considerate and compassionate when dealing with my two teenage children and myself. I lost my father at 51 years of age in 1984 to careless mistakes his doctor made. At 49.5 years of age, it's clear to see why I am one to ask many questions about anything that may be ailing me or my children at the time. I research the issue and go into his office with the questions in hand. Dr. Yim has never made me feel uncomfortable, time consuming or ignorant when asking these questions. He was happy to stay and answer every question asked, to my satisfaction.He's also not one to "over prescribe" drugs for issues that can be treated in a more natural way. Any doctor can prescribe a "Happy pill", walk out the door and say "next". Doctor Yim has never done this with my family. He finds the problem and tries the more natural way to cure the issue FIRST. If later the issue persist- then he looks into a more aggressive way to find said cure.Not only would I recommend him, as a Realtor, I have recommended him to dozens of people in the White House area and will continue to do so.