Changed my life show details Changed my life
by Sarah on Oct 10th, 2013

I look back now and know that as early as 6 or 7yrs. old I was bipolar. As I got into my teenage years and into my early 20's I lived a very unhealthy lifestyle. My primary doctor would prescribe me anti-depressants and some worked for awhile, but later they would either stop working or make me worse. Had had a terrible temper, I was premiscuous, and self medicated. I had seen a few psychiatrists and many counselors but with no permanent help. My primary physician finally directed me to Dr. Zazow. From the moment I walked through that door I knew my life was changed. All along I had been diagnosed with depression and gad. At 28yrs. old and many ruined relationship with both boyfriends, family, and at the time my husband I was finally saved. I had for the most part given up on ever living a "normal" life. He diagnosed me bi-polar and he was dead on. Since then my temper is gone, I'm no longer premiscous, I don't spend money like crazy, I don't self medicate, and I have married again and have been in a healthy happy marriage for 3yrs. Thank you, Dr. Zazow.

Excellent, great professional, very caring show details Excellent, great professional, very caring
May 3rd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Zazow for 7 years and can recommend him to anyone. It's very hard to find a good psychiatrist, who is paying attention, making suggestions and helping to resolve your personal issues. I was lucky to find Dr. Zazow, he is excellent psychiatrist and great counselor. I had to go through six different psychiatrists before I found him. I recently moved two hours away from Doylestown and still coming back to see Dr. Zazow. I hope my review will help you to make your choice and get really good help.

COMPETENT AND CARING show details COMPETENT AND CARING
by Citysearch User on Feb 27th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr Zazow is an fine psych. In a profession thats hard to find a good one he is local, convenient and does athe job well.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Highly, highly recommended. show details Highly, highly recommended.
by grateful patient on Jun 18th, 2009

There isn't anything I don't like about Dr. Zazow. I have the utmost respect for him. I have studied psychiatry myself, and I consider him to be extremely knowledgeable and to have excellent judgment regarding diagnoses, treatments, and other psychiatric issues.He is very kind and caring, and spends a long time with patients. He asks a lot of questions and hits on every aspect of a person's situation--mental symptoms, living situation, physical health, relationships, etc. He is always accessible and if you're feeling in need, he'll always schedule you for an appointment within a few days.Dr. Zazow really listens to you and you can tell he really wants to understand what you're experiencing as best he can so that he can find the treatment that fits best. He doesn't prescribe the newest and most fashionable drugs on the market; rather, he chooses medications with the most proven results and the least risks. He fully explains everything to make sure you understand, and includes you in deciding the best course to take, rather than just handing down a prescription without a chance for discussion or treating you like you couldn't understand.He does not overmedicate. Unlike a lot of doctors, he generally refrains from prescribing addictive medications. Only when alternative methods have failed, when he can be certain the patient has no tendency toward addiction, and when the benefits truly outweigh the risks, would he prescribe narcotics, and he would do so sparingly and closely monitor the results.Dr. Zazow is very accepting of people of all backgrounds and respects all patients regardless of their illness, race, lifestyle, socioeconomic background, etc. He's not the type of doctor who seems to look down on you or to think too highly of himself.He is also very understanding when covering the cost of medical care is difficult for you. He'll work around the drugs that are covered by your insurance and will try to find a suitable treatment that is not out of your budget. He'll give you free samples when necessary. Dr. Zazow even helped me to enroll in Medicaid when I couldn't afford insurance.Dr. Zazow is very experienced and capable of working with many different illnesses. He doesn't just prescribe medication; he works with you to find the best solutions to your problems, which might often not be medicine--like getting a therapist, or going to AA, or trying to be more active, or making a change in living situation.I would recommend Dr. Zazow to anyone. There are some bad psychiatrists out there, but Dr. Zazow is really an extremely responsible and trustworthy doctor. I couldn't think more highly of him.