Dr. Paul Zazow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Zazow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 16th, 2015

A responsible long term monitor and help.

I have been seeing Dr. Zazow from the time of an acute psychological crisis in 1991, during which I was hospitalized for two weeks. His accurate diagnosis and careful steading hand over the years has been most helpful for me to be aware of things. I admire his low key style and flexibility. For more than the last ten years our visits have shortened mainly so that my medicine is responsibly monitored during a friendly like check in.

September 24th, 2015

Amazing Psychiatrist

I saw Dr. Zazow for 8 years, in which time he was extremely helpful to me. He included me in his decisions and I had complete trust in his expertise. Many psychiatrists only have 15-minute appointments now, but Dr. Zazow spends a very long time with you. If you need a refill or an emergency appointment, he is very accessible. He is quickly reachable via his emergency on-call service.

October 10th, 2013

Changed my life

I look back now and know that as early as 6 or 7yrs. old I was bipolar. As I got into my teenage years and into my early 20's I lived a very unhealthy lifestyle. My primary doctor would prescribe me anti-depressants and some worked for awhile, but later they would either stop working or make me worse. Had had a terrible temper, I was premiscuous, and self medicated. I had seen a few psychiatrists and many counselors but with no permanent help. My primary physician finally directed me to Dr. Zazow. From the moment I walked through that door I knew my life was changed. All along I had been diagnosed with depression and gad. At 28yrs. old and many ruined relationship with both boyfriends, family, and at the time my husband I was finally saved. I had for the most part given up on ever living a "normal" life. He diagnosed me bi-polar and he was dead on. Since then my temper is gone, I'm no longer premiscous, I don't spend money like crazy, I don't self medicate, and I have married again and have been in a healthy happy marriage for 3yrs. Thank you, Dr. Zazow.

May 3rd, 2012

Excellent, great professional, very caring

I have been seeing Dr. Zazow for 7 years and can recommend him to anyone. It's very hard to find a good psychiatrist, who is paying attention, making suggestions and helping to resolve your personal issues. I was lucky to find Dr. Zazow, he is excellent psychiatrist and great counselor. I had to go through six different psychiatrists before I found him. I recently moved two hours away from Doylestown and still coming back to see Dr. Zazow. I hope my review will help you to make your choice and get really good help.

June 18th, 2009

Highly, highly recommended.

There isn't anything I don't like about Dr. Zazow. I have the utmost respect for him. I have studied psychiatry myself, and I consider him to be extremely knowledgeable and to have excellent judgment regarding diagnoses, treatments, and other psychiatric issues.He is very kind and caring, and spends a long time with patients. He asks a lot of questions and hits on every aspect of a person's situation--mental symptoms, living situation, physical health, relationships, etc. He is always accessible and if you're feeling in need, he'll always schedule you for an appointment within a few days.Dr. Zazow really listens to you and you can tell he really wants to understand what you're experiencing as best he can so that he can find the treatment that fits best. He doesn't prescribe the newest and most fashionable drugs on the market; rather, he chooses medications with the most proven results and the least risks. He fully explains everything to make sure you understand, and includes you in deciding the best course to take, rather than just handing down a prescription without a chance for discussion or treating you like you couldn't understand.He does not overmedicate. Unlike a lot of doctors, he generally refrains from prescribing addictive medications. Only when alternative methods have failed, when he can be certain the patient has no tendency toward addiction, and when the benefits truly outweigh the risks, would he prescribe narcotics, and he would do so sparingly and closely monitor the results.Dr. Zazow is very accepting of people of all backgrounds and respects all patients regardless of their illness, race, lifestyle, socioeconomic background, etc. He's not the type of doctor who seems to look down on you or to think too highly of himself.He is also very understanding when covering the cost of medical care is difficult for you. He'll work around the drugs that are covered by your insurance and will try to find a suitable treatment that is not out of your budget. He'll give you free samples when necessary. Dr. Zazow even helped me to enroll in Medicaid when I couldn't afford insurance.Dr. Zazow is very experienced and capable of working with many different illnesses. He doesn't just prescribe medication; he works with you to find the best solutions to your problems, which might often not be medicine--like getting a therapist, or going to AA, or trying to be more active, or making a change in living situation.I would recommend Dr. Zazow to anyone. There are some bad psychiatrists out there, but Dr. Zazow is really an extremely responsible and trustworthy doctor. I couldn't think more highly of him.

June 5th, 2017