Dr. Paul Zimmering MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 6 reviews

December 1st, 2014
Orthopedic surgeon with the worst personality.
Seems like he likes his reputation as a short, bad tempered orthopedic surgeon. The rumor in the office is that three nurses quit because he is such a tyrant. Isn't it time for such an immature person in a doctor's outfit NOT to be tolerated? ACT like a real doctor...your job is to treat and comfort people who are sick. Your day-to-day mood swings should not be the issue of the patients who are there because THEY are sick not You who seems to have a sick personality. I am sure there are other doctors that are just as competent if not better. I am not tolerating Paul Zimmering's abusive temper and bad manners !!!

April 4th, 2014
Good surgeon with a bad personality
I heard him, through an open door, screaming at another patient about the patient hurting his staff members feelings. I knew that staffer, and she's insane, very difficult to carry on a conversation with; I felt bad for the patient. I think this guy is an average surgeon, but hearing that outburst really bothered me. I didn't like following up with Dr Zimmerings APRN; her pain control philosophy is borderline cruel. Sadly, I will go elsewhere for further surgery, if required; Midstate Hospital does not use a baseline/ maintenance IV med for pain control, so you have to push the self- medication button every 8 minutes for a teeny bit of pain med. NOT my idea of a fun time for a total hip replacement. In summary, a good surgeon ruined by a bad temper.

August 31st, 2012
Terrible Experience
This is the first time I have ever commented on a doctor. But, after the experience I have had I feel compelled. After getting misdiagnosed by Dr. Zimmering, which caused further pain and healing time, he sent me a bill for that mistake. Then, after 2 more visits, each lasting about 5 minutes, he was unable to supply any direction regarding the recovering process. Especially since it is a fractured heel and effecting my ability to walk, I owe that information to my employers and FMLA regarding my recovery process. He doesn't give you the time of day and when you do ask questions, he is short and even went as far as opening the door during an appointment saying I won't answer any more questions, closing the door and cursing to his staff. No good!

August 2nd, 2012
ACL and MCL reconstructed surgery

June 29th, 2012
Opinion of an RN
I've been with this group a long time - over 20 years. Zimmering has a pretty good bedside manner, to me. Smiles, jokes, serious when he needs to be. His diagnoses are accurate, and he gives me the options for treatment, the chances of success of each one. The wait time in the office varies; I have waited there as little as 5 minutes, with one awful wait of 96 minutes but that was unusual. Dr Willett's office staff recommended Zimmering to me, and I've been happy with him (and his recommended treatment).

May 16th, 2012
this doctor did not like answering any questions. it seemed to make him very agitated. his bedside manner stunk.