Internists

5311 Limestone Rd
Ste 100
Wilmington, DE 19808
302-234-2200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  first time visit  |  show details
by T. Ruth on Apr 22nd, 2014

KCMA has gone through 2-3 doctors since I began using this office. After the last one I tried changing and found a terribly rude doctor. When I heard this Dr Barry took over the empty spot, I went to see her. She is very nice, competent, down to earth, thorough and pleasant. My only thought is she wants to order too many tests! some of which are just not necessary - I barely have time for my 6 month check ups let alone all these tests here and there for every little thing. It was my first visit and I was impressed. Will write a review after I have seen the doctor more times.

|  seeking the Phipps  |  show details
by anonymous on Dec 31st, 2013

This msg is to Cyndi Phipps you had called and spoke with me on Friday 12/27 in regards to appointment making (w/Doctor) and I gave you wrong information which I am so sorry about!!! please call us back !!!!! If anyone reads this and knows Cyndi please let her know thanks!!! -Kristen

by Connie on Dec 13th, 2013

Dr Barry has relocated to: Kennett Care Medical Associates 404 McFarland Rd, Kennett Sq, PA, 19348 Phone 410-925-3835 Great Doctor!!

|  Want to know ASAP where Dr. Barry has relocated.  |  show details
by Diane Carver on Nov 20th, 2013

I've had Dr. Paula Barry since she joined Dr. Ciarlo's office years ago. From the very beginning I felt like she was a very caring Dr. Any time there was a problem w/ blood work I was called as soon as anything not within normal ranges were found. Since I have a thyroid condition & higher than normal cholesterol & take both Xanax & ambien, Dr. Barry sees me every 3 months. Every time I saw her, she would do a full exam, not just go over test results. She also reviewed list of medications given by other doctors I see regularly. Suddenly Oct 31st, Dr. Barry left Delaware Medical Associates. I was called the day before and was asked about what the plan was w/ liver problems was, & told at that time Dr. Barry would be leaving the next day. I was then asked which Dr. I would like to see since Dr. Barry was leaving. I said I would take Dr. Ianni. About 10 days later I was called again and asked if I was aware Dr. Barry had left the practice and asked who I'd like to see...again. I repeated the conversation I'd had on the 30th, but could not remember whom I had talked to as I was quite shaken up to hear she was leaving. I was told Dr. Ianni was 'booked' and I had to make another choice. I'd prefer not to say who I choose, but saw him today. I was asked why I was there, and when I said why I was normally seen every 3 months, & had to be seen in order to get the controlled Xanax & ambien. I was told I needed to go see a psychiatrist to 'make sure I suffered from anxiety'. This Dr. also had difficulty w/ me taking ambien as well & said if I got in an accident, HE would be liable for prescribing me the medication ! I wasn't given a slip for follow up lab work like usual for thyroid or cholesterol & felt like I was treated like someone who was a 'drug addict'. I was not examined & my chart was not even opened up. His opening statement was "OH..your'e a Dr. Barry patient"...and the 'way' he made that statement made me feel as though he was very jealous of how popular of a Doctor Dr. Barry is. There are many comments (not from any office staff at Delaware Medical Association) but from labs & other Dr's staff on the reasons 'they' thought the reason she left so suddenly. "Haters from sheer jealousy of not as popular other Dr's" at the office is just one of many theories. I have to agree with that as the Dr. I saw today seemed to have that 'tone' to his voice when he made the comment I was 'one of her patients', and he did not 'agree' with her way of treatments, which I found to be highly unprofessional. My mom reads the daily paper from one end to the other. I have asked her to please keep looking to see if/when Dr. Barry either joins another practice or opens her own. When she does, I will be leaving Delaware Medical Associates because she IS by far the best Dr. I have EVER had ! She is caring, professional, and either had someone, or herself would call if anything was found wrong any test I ever had. I feel lost and saddened to have 'lost' her & do not care for the 'lack of treatment' and how I felt ( like a common criminal) for taking Xanax & ambien & now have to see a psychiatrist to make sure I suffer from anxiety ! I hope and pray Dr. Barry is in practice SOON as I don't want to have to be seen again by ANY other Dr. before my next scheduled appointment ! ! ! I felt as though if there is anything called 'patient abuse', I had that happen to me today. The Dr. I saw today seemed to only be concerned about 'liability' landing on him if i were to be in an accident if I did not have enough sleep and he prescribed me the medication than he cared about me as a patient. I WANT Dr. Barry back, as she makes you feel that she cares about you as a person, and not 'just a number'...or 'just a paycheck'. The Dr. I saw today didn't even say 'goodbye' to me, rather just walked out of the office after saying he'd see me in 3 months. I HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN ! !

|  The best doctor ever!  |  show details
by Cindy Phipps on Oct 19th, 2013

After taking my husband to another doctor for several years and being told he was fine we found Dr Barry on the first visit she fold his lung cancer. He now has one lung because the tumor was so large at that point but she saved his life ,she follows up with other doctors and any test that you have taken. We both go to her and love her and we recommend her to everyone we know.

|  Left this practice  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2013

I had this Dr. Barry for several years. after her not giving me my results over the phone and wanting me to come in for the results all the time, I felt as if it was her way of just collecting a copay and making more money off me and I was told it was the new medical way! its a lie! I was treated like a number and its a bunch a non sense that they want you to come in to read you your results.it was a bunch of non sense blood work results too, nothing special, after arguing with them that its not. I left this practice and went some place else!!!! I wouldn't recommend my enemy going here! and the staff is rude!!!

Mar 15th, 2012

As a member of the healthcare practice myself, I am aware of the rampant controlled substance abuse. However, afterbeing diagnosed with chronic anxiety by a psychologist she treated me like a drug seeker as did the office staff when I asked for a refill of alprazolam. Also, I feel that if you have a chronic condition you should not have to come in for a visit EVERY time you need a refill. It's not like I have an insurance plan that pays everything. Maybe I should quit my job and just go on welfare like everyone else!

|  just in it for the money!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

i was so disapointed!We waited over 2mnths to get an appt. for new patient appiontment then when test were ordered they never called with the results and when i called the office staff (nurses) would not give any information they just wanted to know if you wanted to come in! The Doctor will not get on the phone with you nor have her nurses tell you the full results because Dr. Barry said this is how medicine is now it is face time -meaning another excuse to collect your copay ! most offices call an allow the nurses to give you results ! not here! I coulnt believe that when i had to go to a specialist she was sending me to they would not give me a copy of them she had herstaff tell me to go to the place we had the test done and get it from them. I have never had a Doctor make you jump through som many hoops like this one i mean could you imagine poor old people running allover town . this is so inconvient and proves she is not on your side to help fight for you. She makes you come in for all results instead of having her many nurses call Doctors like this is why medical issurance is so sky high!

Oct 20th, 2011

Sends you for too many tests.Requires you to come in for follow up appts unnecessarily and has office staff even calling you at home to make an appointment.

|  Fantastic doctor. Knows her stuff and is very personable  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr.Barry. She has been my doctor for the past several years after having another one for over twenty! She is very personable, knowledgeable, and provides excellent care. Very pro-active in her approach to treatment.

|  VERY GOOD PHYSICIAN  |  show details
by Denise Banta, RN on Dec 16th, 2009

Paula is a very good physician. I highly recommend this physician to the adult population.

Mar 27th, 2008

When she heard of several medical problems I had from other physicians, she called me at home or in the hospital to express her sympathy and to see how I was feeling. She treats you like she would a member of her family, and is extremely caring.