Gynecologist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 7th, 2016

Very rude doctor & staff. This doctor does not need to be practicing with the horrible bed side manner she has. Upon doing my exam, I told her the symptoms I was experiencing, she laughs and continues on what she was doing, nothing else said about my symptoms. Really?..Like others reviews have stated, I wish I would've read her reviews prior to making a appointment. People, drive the extra mile to find a different gynecologist!!!? PS. This doctor doesn't even deserve a one star!!!

Mar 15th, 2016

Dr. Foust lacks the vital empathy necessary when working alongside women. If you like a cold, cruel, arrogant doctor who thinks of you as an annoyance, give her a shot.

by Margaret J. on Feb 5th, 2016

Very rude staff. For my daughters assurance, she's very ill, and the staff members still snapped back at us like they could care less. Rude and inconsiderate. So surprised patients having DIED here yet for their inconsideration!!!! Find another GYN, before it's too late!

by Catherine Craig on Nov 7th, 2015

I HAVE A HISTORY OF 14 MISCARRIAGES AND 3 STILL BORNS. BECAME PREGNANT AND SAW DOCTOR FOUST. SHE DID EVERYTHING TO SAVE MY BABY. I TOLD HER IF SHE SAVED MY BABY I WOULD NAME HIM AFTER HER. THEY HAD TO TAKE HIM EARLY BUT IT'S BEEN 21 YEARS AND HE IS HEALTHY, SMART AND SO TALL. I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND YES I DID GIVE HIM CLOSE TO HER NAME HIS MIDDLE NAME IS PAUL...SOMETIMES IF YOU WANT A GREAT DOCTOR YOU WAIT U TILL THE DOCTOR CAN GET TO YOU. ANYONE WHO COMPLAIN THEY HAD TO WAIT SOMETIMES EMERGENCIES COME UP...DEAL WITH IT. I WOULD NOT HAVE MY SON WITHOUT HER CARING SO MUCH...SHE IS ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS...TWO YEARS LATER I GOT CERVICAL CANCER. I WAS NOW DONE HAVING BABIES...GOD BLESS DR PAULA FOUST...MUCH MUCH LOVE..

Aug 5th, 2015

I sat in this Drs office for almost two hours and never even saw the doctor. I told the staff that I needed to get back to work and they could've cared less. The nurse Joy was very pleasant but I refuse to have a doctor that thinks their time is more valuable than mine. I have already made an appointment with another gyn.

Go to someone else! show details Go to someone else!
Jun 29th, 2015

Dr. Foust is one of the rudest doctors that I have ever came in contact with. It is obvious the only thing that she is interested in is getting you in and out as quickly as possible. She couldn't care less about your problems.

Find another doctor show details Find another doctor
Apr 8th, 2015

Very bad experience with this doctor. Rude and unprofessional

Feb 5th, 2015

The staff is very friendly. The doctor was awesome. She listen to my problems and was easy to talk with. I have recommended her to all my friends and family.

by Helen Louise Fry on Dec 29th, 2014

Shes an outstanding Dr. in her field.

Would not recommend or ever go back show details Would not recommend or ever go back
Mar 31st, 2014

This Dr. had the worse bedside manner I had ever encountered and made me feel so uncomfortable and horrible after the appointment. She didn't even have the courtesy to ask me my name or give me a heads up before she started poking and prodding me during my exam. I never review doctors, but she earned this negative review based on her rude behavior and attitude.

Flabbergasted!!! show details Flabbergasted!!!
by Mary J on Mar 31st, 2014

I would not recommend going to this office.!! I had my yearly exam 4 weeks ago and was told to expect a call from a local imaging center to set up a mammogram appointment. Two weeks later I had not heard from anyone, so I called the office only to find out that they had forgotten to contact the imaging center to let them know that my mammogram needed to be scheduled. I figured "one mistake made" and now corrected, so okay. However, three weeks after my initial appointment they still hadn't called with my pap results, so I called and left a message for a call back. I did not get a return phone call, so I left another message. Today I finally get a call back saying that "the lab" lost my test results!! She suggested I just come back and have another exam....really!!!??? So I took off work for the inital exam....do I get reimbursed for time lost? Do I get reimbursed to take off work again to retake this test? Unbelievable!!

Best gyn show details Best gyn
by Patricia F on Mar 10th, 2014

Dr. Foust is a competent doctor and a lovely person. She is down to earth and easy to talk to. I give her 5 stars. The staff is friendly and accommodating as well. I highly recommend her!

Inconsistent Bedside Manner? show details Inconsistent Bedside Manner?
Sep 19th, 2013

I have seen her a few times but always just once a year for the annual exam, no real medical concerns on my part. In prior visits she seemed nice, helpful and I had no concerns about her or her office. This past visit though I left the appointment feeling very "unsettled" from the short interaction with her. She seemed not to listen to me, to talk over me, to kind of laugh/smirk at my questions and scoff at what other physicians had advised me. I was surprised and wondered if the assistant in the room with us was noticing as I was that something in our interaction was "odd". One of the previous reviewers on this forum used a good description of "challenging" or even "hostile" to describe it. I wondered if I had just caught her on a bad day but fortunately from the other reviews here (thank you!) it appears to be common. She came across as somewhat arrogant as well as in a rush and not terribly interested in my concerns. In any case something doesn't seem quite right.

Nov 12th, 2012

NO bedside manner! Rude and Nasty I would never again deal with this doctor in my life.

I love Dr Foust show details I love Dr Foust
Nov 9th, 2012

It's taken me 3 years of trying different Doctors after mine retired but I finally found one I just love and that is Dr paula Foust. She is extraordinary! Easy to talk to, listens, remembers and treats you with respect. Thank you Dr Paula!

Nov 2nd, 2012

Has always Treated me with respect,puts it out there.Good diagnostition,helpful,listens. Does not coddle you. I like that!

NO COMPASSION HERE-WORST GYN APPT EVER show details NO COMPASSION HERE-WORST GYN APPT EVER
Aug 29th, 2012

After I returned home from my appointment yesterday I decided to see what her ratings were and wish I would've done that PRIOR to my appointment!! The negative ratings were accurate. She was very condescending and rude. I didn't feel like she believed the symptoms I was having because she kept challenging me, saying if I really had this then I would feel like that, etc. She hardly spent any time with me and made me feel like my diagnosis was in my head! (Even though I'd had a CT scan with the diagnosis, and my PCP referred me to a GYN). AFter I explained myself, and after a painful pelvic exam, she said she didn't know why I was there- and asked what exactly I wanted from her... She didn't care at all about anything I had to say. Another reviewer had called her hostile, and that is a perfect description. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Perfect visit show details Perfect visit
Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Foust was great. She made me very comfortable! & was very nice & even had a nice sense of humor. She did a procedure on me to remove irregular cervical cells & it was painless & took care of my problem! I recommend her to everyone who mentions needing a gyn!

Unhappy first visit - will not return show details Unhappy first visit - will not return
Apr 19th, 2012

I went to this doctor under the impression that I was to have an ultrasound there was no adequate information given to me but I ended up having a biopsy of the uterus which was the most excrutiatingly painful procedure I have ever endured. She said if it got too painful let her know and she would stop, in the end I was literally begging her to stop. Her attitude was cavalier in the extreme. In today's vernacular - she needs a sensitivity transplant.

One Of The Best Drs show details One Of The Best Drs
Jan 26th, 2012

Dr Foust is a very caring dr. With having my first baby she was very caring and eased my mind thur it all. She is one of the best drs I've had by far. I tell everyone all the time just wonderful she cared for me.

Best OB/GYN show details Best OB/GYN
Jan 4th, 2012

I was going to Dr. Foust when she was in an office in Daytona Beach and was treated great, not like some Dr's that treat you like you're just another insurance claim to bill. I found out after going to her for 3 years that she was branching out to her own practice and was devastated she left but she has opened an office in the Port Orange area which is a bit far from me since I moved 20 minutes away. If she was still in the area I would still go to her. She explained what questions or concerns I might had.

Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr. Foust was my physician when I was admitted to Halifax Hospital recently. She made me feel completely at ease and was very thorough in explaining my diagnosis and plans for continued outpatient treatment. I would definitely reccommend her!

W0RST doctor I have Ever seen show details W0RST doctor I have Ever seen
Jul 1st, 2011

Do NOT go to this doctor - my experience with her was beyond horrible. I went because I wanted to talk about the various problems I was having with (early) menopause. Instead of being empathetic and caring she actually acted hostile and irritated - it was beyond bizarre - so much so, that I asked her if something was bothering her, and she snapped back at me: "Well, I just don't know what the heck you are getting at - do you want antidepressants or something?" When declined these (what is she, a pharmacist?) and said I was interested in HRT therapy, she quoted in a robotic, annoyed voice that some studies on HRT - but was unbelievably, as a gynecologist, completely unaware of all the new and various options and what kind of symptoms women suffer from. When I said that I wanted to leave and see a different doctor, she became extremely hostile, saying in a surly, sarcastic tone: "Good luck with your mental problems." There is obviously something mentally and emotionally wrong with this doctor. Patients should not be abused in this way. This doctor should lose her license.

by Leah Chancey on Jul 9th, 2010

Dr Foust spent over an hour with me and my husband when I was pregnabt with my first child. She helped to calm our fears. She treated me like a real person and helped me through my pregnancy sickness. She is a real professional.

She's my savior show details She's my savior
by Amy on Aug 11th, 2009

Paula Foust saved my life. I was 22 with extreme breast pain for a year and 6 months. I went to three specialist along with ten other doctors. Within the first 2 minutes of my breast exam she already knew what was wrong. I've never been pregnant but I had a yeast infection in my ducts that doesn't normally happen to people who aren't caring a child, or just had one. Either way I have my life back. Dr. Foust amazes me each visit with her genuine personality, she has great bed side manner and she's always informative as well as knowledgeable.She actually answers my questions!! The amount of time she spent with me while explaining my ailment, is the amount of every single doctor's visit I had in the year and six months I was sick combined together. I appreciate real doctors, I think Paula Foust is the best doctor I've ever been to.