Dr. Paula Gewarges DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 13th, 2017
Caring & Intelligent Adolescent Psychiatrist
I have the absolute highest of standards when choosing a physician for me or my family. Dr. Gewarges is everything that I could want in a physician treating my daughter. She makes my daughter feel at ease while at the same time she clearly asks the right questions to her also. She explains things clearly to the parents & also gives a written summary of the appointment.

July 14th, 2012
Awesome
Dr Gewarges is compassionate. We wouldn't go anywhere else

June 14th, 2012
Great Doctor
We had never seen Dr. Gewarges before and she saw us within a day of our calling the office. She took lots of time with my husband,my daughter and myself. She was easy to talk to and my daugher felt very comfortable with her. She met with us a couple of times before prescribing medication, referred us to a therapist in her office and helped us get needed services for my daughter through the school. We really like her!

June 13th, 2012
ONLY GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT DR. PAULA
I COULDN'T DISAGREE MORE WITH THE PREVIOUS NEGATIVE REVIEW! Dr. Gewarges has cared for my son for three years and I feel so blessed to have found her. After seeing multiple doctors, Dr. Gewarges was the first doctor to start at the beginning and do an exceptionally detailed review of th history. After years of heartache, pain and failed medications and hospitalizations- my son is stabilized and doing wonderfully! Dr. Paula returns calls promptly; has a wonderful bedside manner; is incredibly empathic and I believe, treats my son as if he were her own. SHE DOES NOT PUSH MEDICATION, but rather, I believe, very judious in their use. My son was on 5 different medications when we came to her and now he is stabilized on one- that he is doing wonderfully on and has not bad side-effects from. I have only great things to say about Dr. Gewarges and her office. I don't know what the first reviewer was talking about- our experience has been so different that I wonder if they are even talking about the same doctor. I suspect this is a parent who didn't realize or recognize the severity of their child's problems and Dr. Gewarges was advocating for the child's health and well-being. She does not push medication but will recommend it if so needed. She has a wonderful bedside manner but will also tell you the truth. We have only WONDERFUL things to say and would not change doctors for the world. It does sometimes take awhile to get into to see her intially, but that is again because she is so good and parents want their children to see her- either because they've heard wonderful things about her or like us, had a great experience.

June 13th, 2012
awsome doc
This doctor is the best one i have ever had. She changed my life. I found out that she even got a scholarship that only eleven people the country got that year.

March 4th, 2011
THIS DOCTOR DOES VERY LITTLE BACKGROUND CHECKS ON KIDS HISTORY AND YOU GIVE YOU ANY SCRIPT YOU WANT IF YOU GIVE HER A GOOD STORY.
Doctor's Response

I am distressed to read this comment and it is so incompatible with the way I practice, I wonder if the individual is even talking about me. I will only prescribe and/or administer medication after a parents has been educated about a medication and consent. Medications are NEVER prescribed without obtaining a full history from the custodial parent and obtaining their written consent/permission. I will make recommendations to you and your child that are consistent with what I would want done for my own children. If I have ANY reservations - I will let you know those for the start - allowing you to make an informed decision as to how to proceed. Prior to making any recommendations to you or your child- I do a complete diagnostic evaluation that is 60-90 minutes in duration. This occurs whether I am seeing your child as an inpatient or outpatient. I will often also want to subsequently review school records; talk to teachers; non-custodial parents, relatives. All subsequent follow-up visits are at least 30 minutes in duration. I practice very conservatively and avoid any potentially abusive or addictive medications. Prescriptions are only released to parents nd limited in count if a controlled substance. Outpatients are seen in follow-up as frequently as weekly. If stable, we request you return to the clinic at least every 3 months. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to this anonymoous post to hear their concerns and address this issue. Dr. Gewarges

February 8th, 2017