Psychiatrists
501 Chipeta Way
Suite 1123
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
801-585-1575
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  A FORMER PATIENT  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2013

IN A TIME OF CRISES I HAD AN UNBELIEVABLY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DOCTOR HER "TREATMENT" CONSISTED OF NON-STOP YELLING I EVENTUALLY GOT THE MEDICAL TREATMENT I NEEDED AND AM DOING VERY WELL WITH NO HELP FROM THIS VERY ODD DOCTOR

|  Avoid!  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

dr. paula gibbs does not seem caring or even competent. I feel like she didn't listed to my symptoms, but was just "getting through" the appointment. She tries to play a psychologist, poorly. i quote "many of my bipolars do well on this..." She treats people as symptoms rather than people, when questioning her diagnosis, she became defensive and would not answer. my current doctor and therapist disagree with her diagnosis, so who knows. she lacks what is takes to be a good doctor. i also asked her about a history i found when looking her up on health grades which linked me to utah division of licensing (where you can see doctor's reprimands, etc). she became very angry that i had seen this. she apparantly had an affair with a patient and this alone doesn't make her a bad doctor, but her lack of any human connection and her condescending nature makes me say AVOID her like the plague.

|  Patients just seem to be case files to her, not real people  |  show details
by UNI graduate on Dec 1st, 2010

Dr. Gibbs was the first psychiatrist I saw during my stay at UNI. I feel like she did not listen to my reasons for being there and immediately made assumptions based on one thing I said. She gave me a prescription for an additional anti-depressant which caused extreme anxiety. My regular doctor at UNI could not believe that it had been prescribed to me and questioned if Dr. Gibbs had even looked at my chart when she prescribed it.

|  Best psychiatrist I have ever seen  |  show details
by LL on Sep 9th, 2010

I have seen a number of psychiatrists and psychologists over the years and Dr. Gibbs is by far the best. She doesn't foster victimhood - instead she helps you find the strength to accept responsibility and develop the skills to deal with life's challenges. She has made a huge difference in my life.

|  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

I saw Dr Gibbs for 3&1/2 years and have found her to be caring, brilliant at explaining what's happening with me, always professional, honest, and would reccommend her to my friends in a heartbeat. Very knowledgable! Kristen from her office staff is warm, caring, and very accommodating. I feel lucky to have had her as my psychiatrist!

|  show details
Apr 23rd, 2009

Paula was placed on probation several years ago by the Utah State Medical Ethics Board as discipline for having a sexual relationship with a female patient.