Apr 12th, 2016

Dr. Marchetta is compassionate and brilliant. She saved my life. I will never be able to repay her for her kindness.

Mar 17th, 2016

Dr. Marchetta is fantastic. You will never find a better doctor. She is brilliant, kind and caring. She takes time to speak with you and explain every detail of your situation. You will never feel rushed or overlooked.

Patient for 20 years show details Patient for 20 years
by Judy A. on Jan 27th, 2016

I have an auto immune disease and have been treated by Dr. Marchetta for almost 20 years. My case is complicated and there have been many times when Dr. Marchetta has always responded promptly and effectively. Almost as important is her level of care and concern for my entire medical condition, not just the disease for which she is treating me. She is "cutting edge" and always current on the latest developments, new medications and therapies. She is always available to respond to any question or concern. When I had a really bad problem, I just went to the office and she took care of me right away. You don't find that everywhere.

Dec 14th, 2015

Dr. Marchetta is a brilliant, kind and caring professional. I am privileged to be a patient of hers for many years. She has not only saved my life, she also saved the life of my father. I trust her completely. I thank God I can turn to her for for care and advice. She is a treasure.

Brilliant Doctor show details Brilliant Doctor
by Vivian K. on Nov 19th, 2015

Dr. Marchetta is a consummate professional who is extremely well versed in her field. She has been monitoring my complicated autoimmune issues for more than 20 years. She is always available to guide me through the seemingly endless problems that have arisen due to my systemic condition. I am encouraged to call her anytime and she always gets back to me to explain concerns I may have. She is caring and intelligent, I recommend her with the highest rating possible. She is an extraordinary, brilliant rheumatologist.

Oct 15th, 2015

Dr. Marchetta was dismissive and condescending. She spent at least half of the appointment reading my chart, and yet somehow didn't notice significant symptoms. Once I brought them up several times and asked if she thought my symptoms were related, she said she thought they likely were, but didn't even bring up pursuing additional courses of action. For reference, when I switched doctors they did recommend another course of action, found a diagnosis, and treated the disease directly instead of just alleviating the most major symptom. When I told her I was experiencing significant fatigue and pain--about 5-7 on a scale of 1-10 pain daily--she initially either didn't believe me or thought I was exaggerating. Simple things like walking or unscrewing the lid on my toothpaste were struggles because of the pain in my joints, which I told her. Only after I consistently pushed did she prescribe me prescription strength ibuprofen, which just dulled it. This wouldn't have bothered me so much, I agree that doctors should be skeptical about prescribing pain meds, except that she was so condescending towards me. Not only did she fail to recommend the necessary course(s) of action to diagnose me, her attitude was dismissive and generally poor. I can't believe she has decent reviews. On the other hand, her staff is wonderful, really top notch (no sarcasm, they're genuinely great).

Totally Thrilled with this doctor show details Totally Thrilled with this doctor
by Sybil S. on Apr 18th, 2015

I continue to recommend friends to Dr. Marchetta, who is thoughtful, brilliant, aware of everything she needs to know, highly professional and caring. She is always there when I need her, explains the side effects of medications and makes sure she is treating me to the best of her ability. Plus, she is lovely.

Great combination of brains and compassion show details Great combination of brains and compassion
Sep 6th, 2011

I think Dr. Marchetta is the perfect doctor. I had an auto-immune disorder that other highly ranked doctors could not diagnose. Not only did she diagnose, but she gave me such detail about the condition that I went from complete stress to confidence that she could help me take care of it. I was so scared about what could happen to me and she cleared up all of the confusion and explained how she was going to treat me and make sure that nothing terrible was going to happen. I am so grateful that I found her. My symptoms are now almost completely gone and best of all, I am no longer spending hours on the internet trying to cure myself because she is taking care of it. I would highly recommend her.

Attentive, professional, well qualified, good judgment show details Attentive, professional, well qualified, good judgment
Nov 9th, 2010

I've been a patient for many years and feel I am in the best hands. Dr. Marchetta has a lovely manner and can be trusted. She's careful in her booking, which means there's very little time in the waiting room.

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
Dec 13th, 2009

Usually Dr. Marchetta has been able to help me with hard-to-pinpoint problems that other doctors could not help me with at all. She does not dismiss pain as psychological and comes up with concrete action steps to deal with it. She is a caring, positive and calm person. It is easy to get an appointment with her. Sometimes if you leave her a message with her staff it does not always get to her. The office atmosphere is relaxing and does not feel stressful like a doctor's office can feel. Like many doctor's you have to prod her for some explanations about why she is recommending x versus z, but she will answer any questions you put to her-like any good patient, you have to inform yourself and take responsibility for research.