Dr. Paula Mcphail Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Paula Mcphail?

Absolutely horrible!

Posted on September 7th, 2017

Dr. Mcphail very briefly examined my child(1yr) and decided that my child did not did not need an IV. My child was moderately to severely dehydrated and lethargic. She ordered no blood tests either! Dr. mcPhail had me syringe feed gatorade to my listless child that would only fight me as as my child was obviously beyond just needing oral fluids. My child would only fight or stay awake when something was being done to my child and then immediately pass out again. My child had an elevated heart rate which was dismissed bc "it was probably high from fighting". They tested my child for a UTI. Gave my child a shot of anti-nausea medicine and sent us home like it was no big deal my child was obviously very dehydrated. Went to another hospital(2nd hospital) after leaving to find out my child's blood sugar was desperately low(bc the 2nd hospital actually ordered blood work) and my child still had an elevated heart rate still, which is one of the beginning signs of severe dehydration(dr at the 2nd hospital told me this and it is very serious in small children). Within minutes of being at the 2nd hospital my child was seen in triage and quickly put in a room and with one look of the 2nd dr he immediately ordered and had an IV put in because he said "it is clearly obvious that your child is very dehydrated". They acted fast as the state of my child was clearly worse than Dr. Mcphail had previous assessed. The dr and staff of the 2nd hospital were shocked that my child received such woefully negligent care at USAWC(first hospital) under the care of Dr. Mcphail.

Posted on July 25th, 2016

I've had 2 run ins with her on both occasions my daughterwas not evaluated other than listening to her breath. She said well maybe she has a virus both times. I will be reporting her to the medical board. My daughter is a very ill child has been since birth. Why is she allowed to work with sick babies again?

Posted on September 11th, 2015

She was absolutely unprofessional, insensitive, & RUDE!! She didn't even evaluate my 6 week old PREEMIE with previous GI problems!!! I'm not sure why she is working with the general public, let alone 5lb babies!

Posted on August 9th, 2010

She was very thorough and helpful.

Posted on November 2nd, 2010