Dr. Paula Pilgrim MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics Memphis, TN

3.8

October 1st, 2015
Dr. Pilgrim has been my OB-GYN since 1994. She delivered my first child and I feel like she is part of my family for helping me through that most special moment. She is very straight forward and gives you the information you need to make the right decision about your care.

September 21st, 2015
Dr. Pilgrim is amazing. I've been her patient for many years and trust her completely. The practice is now part of Methodist Healthcare and has a very different feel than it used to. I will stay because Dr. Pilgrim is phenomenal but I am not crazy about the changes that have taken place since Methodist came in.

March 21st, 2015
Very bad attitude and bedside manner with patients. No compassion or concern.

March 19th, 2015
This doctor saved my life
I have gone to Dr. Pilgrim for years and am glad I did. She has always been courteous on my visits. She found an ovarian cyst and determined that I should have it removed and did a hysterectomy out of an abundance of caution. During the surgery a small amount of cancerous tissue was found, removed and I am good as gold now. No further treatment required. I owe her my life.

March 29th, 2013
This is not the doctor you want when you're in labor
Dr. Pilgrim was the doctor on call when I went into labor. Throughout the very short delivery, she was extremely rude, arrogant, and literally yelled at my family member who was there to support me. What would have been an overall positive labor and delivery experience is ruined by the memory of Dr. Pilgrim rude and unprofessional behavior. I would never want anyone else to go through that experience.

October 6th, 2011
I was a new patient and had a pleasant and productive visit. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pilgrim.

August 19th, 2011
Concerns Dismissed
I felt violated after my visit with Pilgrim. I felt that she was not ready to listen and angered if I did not want to do standard costly tests. I didn't want a uterine biopsy for heavy bleeding and I didn't want to do a mammogram for just my age. I was trying to tell her about some symptoms I was having..but she cut me off. A month later I was told via mail that I was anemic (very mild) and that I needed to stay away from saturated fats because my cholesterol was high. If she had listened to my history (which she was uninterested in) she would have found that I was eating less than 1000 cals a day, ate mostly from my organic garden for months and exercised heavily. I want to thank her for nothing!

September 10th, 2010
I went back for my 2nd pregnancy
Dr. Pilgrim knew who I was from visit to visit and remembered my son when I returned for a 2nd pregnancy. I recommend her although I did not 100% enjoy my birth experience. I wanted to have a vaginal delivery and felt I was rushed into a C-section because she wanted to go home for the day. She whole-heartedly supported my desire for a VBAC the second time around though.

July 7th, 2008
more concerned about money
i have no idea if this a good doctor. i called to attempt to make an appointment and before i could make one on the phone they wanted ALL of my insurance information to make sure they would get paid. don't bother calling if you want to be treated like a person, not dollars