inactive

Paula N Shoemake MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 6th, 2015
She needs to walk away from the breast clinic
I don't know how this doctor performs as a general surgeon, but she is no breast specialist. She really didn't know what the mass in my breast was but wanted to wait about doing anything. She has no bedside manner and was not at all reassuring. I went to another breast care center and will never go back there.

September 30th, 2013
I went to see Dr. Shoe make after months of pain and dealing with unprofessional Southaven ms doctor. From the initial visit to the gall bladder surgery, I knew I had found a caring, professional and smart surgeon. I can't say enough good about this doctor. I simply love her and appreciate her care.

April 11th, 2013
Run- Don't Walk- Away From This Surgeon
My 21-year-old daughter had a breast lump removed and I accompanied her. No greeting except to tell my daughter to put on the paper covering and get on the table. No masks were worn during the surgery, risking infection. After injecting only one anesthetic shot and waiting mere seconds, Dr proceeded to cut without the tissue being anesthetized. Dr. had very hard time locating and extracting lump. She kept referring to an ultrasound picture that was several weeks old. She never talked to my daughter during procedure to either explain what she was doing nor to check on how she was tolerating the procedure. Afterwards no wound care instructions were given except to say "Don't take a bath." No written instructions were given. Having experienced many minor and major surgeries over the years, I have to say this was the most unprofessional surgeon and surgery I have witnessed. We would not return to this surgeon for any reason and I urge others to seek another breast care clinic.

March 21st, 2011
Very good doctor
I was very impressed with Dr. Shoemake -- I required a procedure the next day after my appointment with her and she and her staff made everything very smooth. I felt that I got outstanding care.