Dr. Paula Youngdahl MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 8th, 2015
she saw there was cancer in my family and for the next 15 min she kept talking about the importance of gene testing...mentioning it once would have been much better...drop the subject when someone doesn't show interest, I felt like she was trying to meet a quota for the da

April 28th, 2015
Unprofessional! She allowed me to leave her office after she botched a biopsy on my cervix. I almost passed out in the hallway. I left the practice and will never go back.

March 13th, 2015
Billing Nightmare!
The office uses Heritage Valley Health Sydtems. I have jnsurance that covers a yearly exam 100%. This has been fought now for 7 months. I contacted the insurance company and the doctors office numerous times and have been told so many different things from it's takrn care of to it had the wrong code and will be resubmitted. INSTEAD of fixing the billing fiasco- Heritage had sent a collection agency after me. I finally cracked and sent the $83 in.

January 25th, 2010
Disappointed
I have been going to Dr. Youndahl since I was 17, I have now changed. The last visit was not very professional and I was so unhappy with everything that I vowed to never return to that practice. I have about 10 friends that have switched doctors in the last 3 years due to their professionalism and lack of a personal relationship that one should have with that type of doctor. I thought that I would never switch, but this last time was the last straw. I had over an hour and a half wait, someone could have said, "I'm sorry for the delay, but the doctor is running behind. If you need to reschedule, we will understand." Instead, I watched as the nurses continued to talk amongst themselves and just ignore me. When I did get into the room, I felt uncomfortable (more then usual) and it felt 'cold'. I had my exam, was left on the table and was not told I was done. So as the doctor was talking to me, I was still lying down with my legs in the air. (Sorry for the visual) She finally said, "You can get up." I was shocked, she usually helps me up, but this time did not. I told one of the nurses later on that I was unhappy with my visit and shortly thereafter I received a call from Dr. Youngdahl herself. I was on the phone for over 5 minutes and during that time all I was able to say was, I'm sorry but I will not be returning to your office and I am now in the process of looking for a new doctor." The whole time I felt as though I was being scolded like a child and was embarrassed for the doctor that she was acting in the manner that she was. Several of my friends have said that all you are to them is just another (explicit) and they just want their money. I do agree to some extent because I was scheduled for surgery and that was all she kept going back to, was I should have the surgery as soon as possible. At that point I just wanted off the phone with her and to be left alone. I have since found a new doctor and will be seeing her shortly. I hope this was helpful and I do understand that most people will have a pleasant and wonderful experience. In this case, after 15 years with the same doctor, I had enough and decided to go elsewhere.