Dr. Pauline Jose Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Pauline Jose?

June 29th, 2016

Love her

She's been my doctor for over 15 years and she is the best! she listens, she cares and she remembers you for the next time... what more can you ask for in the world of HMO where most doctors have well over a thousand patients a month for only 10 bucks a pop, paid to them from Insurance! Insurance be dammed!

June 1st, 2016

Dr Pauline is the best!

Dr Pailine Jose is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. Easily the best doctor I've had in my entire life

November 2nd, 2012

Best doctor in Los Angeles

I have been Dr. Jose's patient for over ten years now. My husband and children now go to her as well as my in-laws, and many, friends and co-workers. The reason is very plain. She is an OUTSTANDING doctor! Her office staff is very professional and helpful. There is no finer health care in Los Angeles.I would give her ten stars if I could!

February 10th, 2012

Would Not Recommend Dr. Jose

Dr. Jose might be a nice woman, but a good Dr. she is NOT! Everyone is blaming her staff, but her staff is just an extension of her very unprofessional work ethic. This is my experience as her patient:1. I used to be a Premium Group member until Dr. Jose decided that she no longer could work with that group and I was told that I needed to change my group. I had no problem with that and notified my insurance. Unfortunately, it seems Dr. Jose did not notify her staff. A few weeks later she referred me to a specialist. I made an appointment for a month later. Two days before my appointment I get a call from the specialist office telling me that they could not see me since the specialist belonged to the Premium Group and I no longer belonged to it. I talked to Dr. Jose and she apologized for sending me to the wrong specialist. Because of this mistake I had to wait another month to see the specialist. She promised that this mistake would not happen again.About a year later I had a routine check up and she told me that I needed to see a specialist and that she would put a rush on it since it was something that could potentially be serious. I waited for a few days and called. One of her staff members told me that all the paper work was turned in to my insurance, but they did not hear anything back. I waited for another week. I kept calling for a month and each time I called I was told that my insurance was rejecting the referral and they were trying to resubmit. So, I called my insurance and asked why my referral was rejected. It turns out Dr. Jose's staff kept submitting a referral to a specialist in the Premium Group and my insurance kept returning it to them and asking them to correct the group. They did not, but kept submitting it without any changes. A representative of my insurance called the office on my behalf and it turns out that even after close to a year, her staff was unaware that Dr. Jose was no longer doing business with that group and kept referring patients to specialists that could not see them.2. Dr. Jose recommended I take a thyroid test. I agreed and was surprised it came back abnormal since I had taken this test multiple times before and had no problem. Dr. Jose immediately recommended I start taking thyroid medication. I told her that I didn't feel comfortable taking thyroid medication based on one test and wanted to take a second test. I later took the test and my thyroid was just fine. Even though I told Dr. Jose in person and on the phone that I was NOT taking the medication, she still called me twice to ask if I was still taking my medication and if she needed to increase the dose. 3. The worst thing about being Dr. Jose's patient is waiting to see her. If you are sick and need to see her, GOOD LUCK! I called on a Monday and tried to make an appointment within a week. Since this is not the first time I have tried, I was not surprised that the first appointment available was at the end of February. Even though I told her secretary that I have been feeling sick for the past 2 weeks and the symptoms were getting worse. When I complained that this would not do, I was told that Dr. Jose would call me that day and schedule me sooner. Over a week has past and I am still waiting. 4. Even when you do get in to see Dr. Jose, be prepared to wait for a LONG, LONG TIME. The last time I was in her office I waited for an hour and 20 minutes and she still had two other patients to see before me. I left without seeing her that day. 5. At one point, I made an appointment to get a shot. I waited forever, like always, to see her. Since she was so busy, someone in her staff agreed to do it. The only problem was that no one in her office knew how to give that shot. They got on the phone to a lab and were on hold for over 20 minutes. They would have continued to wait on the phone if I didn't decide to leave and go elsewhere to get it. I figured after an hour of waiting, I didnt want to waste any more time. I already had to pay enough for the parking.I could go on and on with other stories, but I think I made my point. I am changing my doctor. I would NOT recommend anyone becoming Dr. Jose's patient. Not unless you like being treated like crop.

May 11th, 2011