Dr. Paulo Monteiro MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

June 7th, 2017
Dr. Montiero is the best!
In the first place, the glory goes to God. Secondly, my precious Dr Monteiro. This man worked on me for 10.5 hours and the out come has been tremendous! I trust this man with my life. I can't say enough good about this wonderful surgeon. He is brilliant, compassionate, caring, and I highly recommend him to anyone who needs the very best.

August 8th, 2016
RUN!!
Ruined my life.

May 21st, 2016
RUN AWAY
Horrible time scheduling, always late, rude contemptuous staff, condescending bedside manor, not time for patients, won't admit mistakes, ruined my life for the last 2 years. Stay away at all costs.

January 5th, 2016
Wonderful, kind, conscience, excellent physician. I known him for 25 years with two surgeries by him. Both experiences were good experiences.

October 13th, 2015
Our Hero
Dr. Monteiro is our hero! He performed a very very difficult procedure with elegant technique and genuine caring. He was able to restore a quality of life that would have been lost without his intervention. He is a man with a gift for healing the body and the spirit.

April 24th, 2015
Arrived 15 minutes prior to appointment only me and one other person in waiting room. Still had to wait an hour to go back then sat in office waiting on doctor for another 30 minutes. Doctor looked very sleepy and did not ask a lot of questions. I felt like he did not take the time to answer my questions or give me any feedback on what my condition entails. The next thing he wanted was for me to have another test. That is the only time that he smiled and looked awake. Not very happy. May try another neurosurgeon before I have all these tests.

September 2nd, 2014
He's a caring compassionate doctor. He stepped up to consult with my mothers end of life decisions. I see him once a year for an inoperable neck issue. He takes great care of me. Always available when I call, quit returns on those calls.He's taken care of my father and my son.

August 26th, 2013
highly recommend
I refer to Dr Monteiro as my angel and would recommend him to anyone. he performed emergency surgery on a herniated disc (L4 / L5) in 2009. Prior to the surgery, I was suffering from numbness in my leg, weakness in the leg and severe pain. When I woke up in recovery I was pain free and felt as though I could have got up and danced. The numbness faded over several months and I was thankfully able to resume a normal life. Due to a weak back and overall poor discs, I recently had to have surgery on the same disc and I'm very happy to report after just 8 weeks I am living a normal life. Therapy has reminded me how important it is that I keep up with an excercise plan to hopefully avoid another surgery. I highly recommend Dr Montiero. He is one of the most compassionate Dr's I've encountered and really takes the time to speak to me and walk me through what's going on and what's to be expected. I sometimes had to wait past my scheduled appt time but I recognize some patients needs may be greater than mine and therefore may take longer. The staff is always courteous when delays occur by giving me updates for expected wait times.

August 27th, 2012
experience
My first two visits: I prefilled out all paper work got an spot rather quickly for a specialist. Wait time however was two & half. To three hr's. There were at least five to six all set up for 1:30 appointment. Recommended bring water and pain meds. Surgery was set up quickly one night in hospital replaced disc between C5 & C6 and fused. It has been a month arms still numb pain is worse but no more pinched nerve that is a blessing. Starting thearpy for headaches pain in neck, shoulders, arms, hands & back. But many positives staff so friendly and caring. With God's blessing this to will pass.

June 1st, 2012
Greatest neurosurgeon in the country. I have no more back pain. I would recommend him for any procedure he does. Thank god for his skills.

January 29th, 2012
back surgery
Dr. Paulo Monteiro is a very caring Physician. He took considerable time with me and thoroughly explained the procedure. Follow up was exceptional.

January 26th, 2012
Gave me my life back.
After spending 4 months trying to resolve my back/sciatica issues withe another group, I went for a second opinion from Dr. Monteiro of the Lyerly Group. He immediately was able to diagnose the issue. He scheduled minimally invasive surgery within a week of determining the cause of my problem. I was in the OR at 8:30 AM and was back home having lunch by 1:30 that same afternoon. It was if the pain switch had been turned off. I am now back to my old self. I can not say enough positive things about the Lyerly Group and Dr. Monteiro.