Dr. Pavitar Cheema MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 6th, 2016
One I wouldn't pass up
Dr Cheema is wonderful with talking about what is going on with you and teaches technics (meditation, etc) on cooping other than just giving you prescriptions.

January 3rd, 2016
The shortest amount of time I ever had to wait was 30 mins. He charges way more than necessary for terrible services. Never asked questions about my symptoms. Quick to medicate me in anyway. Hardly remembered me from appointment to appointment. I regret going to him and would recommend him to no one.

August 7th, 2015
Best Dr I have ever had!
Dr. Cheema is a amazing doctor, he is very accurate, compassionate, uses innovative ways to approach his patients, with several techniques such as diet, supplement suggestions overall mind and body wellness. He takes his time to listen and is very concerned for the care and treatment for his patients. He's not a pill popping doctor he's a realist. He treats what works best for his patients. I love Dr. Cheema for all he's done for me and my family. I feel like not only am I see a psychiatrist, but also a counselor and a person full of so much medical knoweledge that has been extremely helpful for my overall care and well being.

May 20th, 2015
I have a patient for years. Dr. Cheema saved my life. I know, sometimes the waiting time is long but it is because he gives you the time you need, doesn't kick you out when your time is up. I gladly wait. Don't understand how people can complain about the waiting time. What if they need extra time? Isn't it great that he makes sure you get the time you need? Other patients I spoke with agreed with me, we all gladly wait and it is not always a long time. One my last visit yesterday I didn't have to wait at all. He is THE very best in his field. When I had to get new insurance my primary factor was if he was in the network.

August 31st, 2014
This doctors poor diagnosis and mismagement of my daughters condition lead her straight to the psychiatric ward.

January 19th, 2014
New Year 2014
Its a New Year for me and my treatment plan is still going strong. I have also been prescribed an additional treatment plan, to better my mental health concerns. Office staff is still very kind and helpful. I am also very greatful tht Dr. Cheema is still a very compassionate Doctor with the highest quality of care to his patients, I have waited several times to see a doctor after waiting 10-15mins and at times I was 10-15 late and had to reschedule my appt. Once I was seen it was a less than 10min visit, check the box questions. The doctor was so in gulfed by documenting only half of what you said in the computer. He never looked at me. We have all seen a doctor like this. You politely leave and say what just happened? do I come back? He didn't, check my blood pressure or weight.I certainly did not feel the 10minutes I had to wait to see him was worth 1 minute of the service I received. I may wait to see Dr. Cheema but I leave feeling like the visit was worth way more than the wait. What would you prefer?? for your medical care? I know what I prefer. Thank you Dr. Cheema!!!

July 26th, 2013
Compassionate, Knowledgable Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Cheema for years now. By far is has been the only doctor who is not a 10 t 15 minute visit doctor. He is extremely kind and understadive. Doctor Cheema is a very clinical and involved with his patient care. He truly cares about how you are doing, helps problem solve and goes over and above his call of duty. I travel very far to see doctor Cheema, His main goal is to know his patents, evaluate each and every time you have your visit, how you are doing. He is a hands on doctor to say the least. I have yet to meet someone with his knowledge, kindness, patience and mostly helps steer his patients in a positive direction. I have a lot of respect for him he has done a tremendous job in helping me overcome some very difficult issues in my life. His staff is very kind and take their time to listen over should you nee to reach the doctor. They are always attentive and make appointments in a very timely manner. If you have not found a great doctor yet, I highly recommend Dr. Cheema

March 9th, 2013
Incredible man, brilliant, generous, caring, perhaps saved my life.
I have had some issues all my life, and every professional said my cluster of symptoms was impossible. I worked through a lifetime of depression, insomnia, ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome by hard work, working out, especially running, but my Aspergers, a high level form of Autism made relationships very difficult. Then a major event happened, I lost a job in a mean way, and could not get another job. Nothing like this ever happened to me. . I sank into a terrible suicidal depression. My girlfriend saw I was suicidal, and I was and pushed me to make an appointment, and by luck it was with Dr. Cheema. He immediately understood the situation, the cluster of symptoms, recognized that insomnia was a root problem, and said "Trust me, I know what I'm doing." That was over 3 years ago. He has often spent well over an hour with me while charging for 15 minute consultations. He said I was in no condition to work and to stop applying as with my anxiety and depression would only close doors forever. By combining previous testing, (which no previous doctor had seen but didn't recognize the importance) and honest diagnostics he helped me obtain disability. Now had a future. The drugs he gave me were working. Just the other day I was thinking life feels sweet. Of course, without the medications I would not be functioning. His medications solved my sleeping problem and balance my mood. His ADD drug helps me focus. His guidance stopped me from banging my head against wall in futile attempts. He gives assignments, like watching "What Are Dreams" on PBS, easily run on any computer. His knowledge of brain chemistry and the latest knowledge is incredible. He sometimes talks excitedly about drugs in the pipeline. He listens and he gives great advise. He has managed a collection of drugs with me through the years. No other therapist, neurologist, psychologist or psychiatrist had ever helped me. They would dismiss symptoms and say I had to "want to get better" and degraded me. That was like telling someone with a broken leg to run harder. Cheema nailed my diagnostics and also has provided guidance and therapy. He has been incredibly generous with his time. He also is a fine internist and has helped me with other medical issues that arose as well as discussing my medical options. If you want a doctor that sees you on time, for the period indicated, doesn't dig into you as a person, than he's not for you. Even though I'm poor now, I pay out of pocket. There are patients I know that drive from San Fransisco as he's unique. How much more can I say that no other shrink ever helped me, and I needed help. My life would have been much easier with the right medications years ago. What more can I say than he saved my life and then helped me to use my strengths to rebuild a better life? OK, you will wait, he's not going to follow a clock for you, or the person before you. You will get exponentially more than you pay for. Oh, a final comment. He truly cares about his patients.

January 20th, 2013
I believe he owns stock in Cymbalta
He kept me for more than 2 hrs. I had to finally end the appointment! At the end he prescribed Cymbalta which after diagnosing me with Depression, ADHD, OCD I would think other medications were in order. It all became crystal clear when he left and returned with over 4 bottles of Cymbalta. I know there were at least 2 other patients who left with same prescriptions and there was yet 2 more paitents that phoned to see if they Cymbalta was approved??!! I believe He's dangerous. He sent me into a much darker place, I would NEVER TELL ANYONE TO SEE HIM. Especially Teenagers! NO TRUST.

September 21st, 2012
Great Dr. HorribGle Staff & wait time crazy!
I agree with the negative posts here. I have been open-minded and agree that the dr. is very caring and kind. But, waiting two hours (I waited 3 once) is more than crazy. I have even called in advance to see if things were running on time and was told yes and had to wait 1.5 hours. There is always an excuse and I've been very patient, but the person I bring in for treatment ends up with more anxiety for waiting than they came in for. The experience on the billing end was also disorganized and not compassionate. I wish I had taken these reviews more seriously when making the first appointment. Seriously, everything that was said in a negative way was precisely what I ended up experiencing. The dr. is wonderful, so I feel bad saying this, but I'm thrilled to go elsewhere. Unless you have 3-4 hours of time at your disposal, think twice before you go here.

August 23rd, 2012

June 14th, 2012
Worth the wait !
Dr Cheema is a very caring, smart man. I believe his true caring for his patients are what helps their treatment so much. He gives his patients the time they need, regardless of his compensation. He gets paid for 50 minutes, but usually spends 60 - 90, or more. Not money hungry at all. My son has been his patient for 4years now. Very knowledgable. Speaks very softly, but it's ok. Very "mellow" environment. The world needs more like Dr. Cheema....