A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Pawan Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Pawan Rao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Pawan Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Bldea's Shri B.M. Patil Medical College, Bijapur. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rao has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse
- Cortland Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Pawan K. Rao practice?
Dr. Pawan Rao practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, and General Practice near Syracuse, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Camillus, NY and Cortland, NY.
See Syracuse Internists, Syracuse Nephrologists, and Syracuse General Practitioners.