A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Pawan Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Pawan Rao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Pawan Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Metabolic Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Bldea's Shri B.M. Patil Medical College, Bijapur. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rao has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse
- Cortland Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Pawan K. Rao practice?
Dr. Pawan Rao practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, and General Practice near Cortland, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Syracuse, NY and Camillus, NY.
See Cortland Internists, Cortland Nephrologists, and Cortland General Practitioners.