Psychiatrists

4840 N Marine Dr
Chicago, IL 60640
(773) 654-1645
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Only Psychiatrist I Would Ever See  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Dudek for 13 years and couldn't disagree more with the other reviewer who seems like they were looking for a quick fix. Dr. Dudek has saved my life on several occasions and has always been readily available when I was in crisis. He always spent more than adequate time with me and was always caring and empathetic. He always discussed my health plan with me and allowed me to make choices in developing that plan. He explained all medications very thoroughly prior to dispensing and we tried several combinations until we find the one that worked best for me. It was tailor made for me- not a one for all plan. His office staff, Anna, was always polite and very accomodating. I cannot imagine my life without him.

|  Wouldn't Go To Anyone Else  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2009

I've been a patient for 7 years and have never had a bad experience with Dr. Dudek. He listens carefully to your concerns, will spend the time to actually talk to you before writing prescriptions (a rarity in the world of psychiatry) and has always been easy to reach. His diagnostic abilities are extremely good. Even an old therapist of mine goes to him and considers him the best diagnostician and psycho-pharmacologist she knows. His office is also very good about follow up and replying to calls. The first reviewer was obviously dissatisfied, but I can't disagree with their review more.

|  show details
Oct 24th, 2009

Thanks for listening and for helping me live better.

|  In it for the money  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2009

A bias against Americans came through in the first session. He prescribed a drug that neither I nor any of my friends, in the field of psychology, had ever heard of. I determined it was a new drug being pushed by a Rep from the drug company after hearing a conversation Dr Dudek had with the rep while I waited... and waited for my appointment. He refused to speak with me over the phone unless I came in and paid the fee - in cash, for a consultation. Considering the amount I was paying, out of pocket, you'd think he could speak to me (as I was in crisis) for a few minutes. He lacks empathy toward,and understanding of, his clients. I became very ill, having chest pains and insomnia, after discontinuing the drugs he prescribed.