Dr. Paxton Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

May 12th, 2016
This doctor is absolutely AWFUL. He is extremely rude and uncaring, he makes you feel like nothing but a burden, he does not let you ask questions about YOUR health and walks out of the room while you're in mid sentence if you try to. I would not trust this doctor to even clean up my dogs mess.

April 17th, 2013
Please do not choose this surgeon
Dr. Paxton Smith cut my mom's spleen during her colectomy causing internal bleeding. She nearly died. Please, I implore you do not use this surgeon. We didn't realize it at the time but an attending GP tried to warn us saying something to the effect that we didn't need to do the surgery now, we could be readmitted after getting a recommendation from our primary physician. I feel so very lucky my mom is doing ok now, missing her spleen but otherwise almost the same.

September 14th, 2012
Texas Med Clinic doctor ask me go to hospital... needed surgery. Went to NE Methodist Hospital..waited for about 3 hours in lobby & about another 4 hours in treatment room. Finally got admitted & was schedule for surgery was told dr would come in see me before surgery...never did!!Following day dr came in to room & dismissed me but family dr ask me stay another day. Dr Smith never gave me any information on what to do or expect after surgery. Call dr office schedule follow up appointment. Was in a tiny waiting room that would seat only 4 persons & there was a total of 9 persons!! Was called in to examing room, nurse not friendly, dr comes in when ask how was I doing reply still hurting! Dr replied do you want me put it back!! I told him it w as a different kind of pain! I ask for a excuse and out goes. He did not give us a chance to ask questions. Will never go back to him or refer him to anybody.