Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feedback show details Feedback
by Midwest Physiatrists Administrator on May 5th, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the office and offer feedback so that we may address any issues. It is regrettable any time a physician receives a negative review, but unfortunately the nature of pain management and work comp exams do sometimes result in unsatisfied individuals. The office does have certain policies and procedures that must be followed, as do most physicians’ offices, as well as a strict medication agreement for treatment patients, which is common in pain management. Dr. Murati has never had a patient pass away due to issues with medication he has prescribed, which can be attributed in part to his strict medication agreement. It is regrettable when patients choose to violate the agreement, which can result in discharge from treatment. We appreciate all our patients and are grateful when they understand and accept the responsibility that comes with being a pain management patient. The office does have certain policies and procedures that must be adhered to. The policies include not accepting checks, which is clearly stated in all new patient packets, and preferring that children do not accompany an individual to their appointment, notice of which is posted in several locations throughout the office, as well as included in exam information given to all attorneys who schedule work comp exams. While we make every effort to ensure appointments are kept even if children are present, in instances when the child's behavior is disruptive to the office in general and especially the exam itself, it is possible we would have to reschedule the exam to a time when the individual can come without children. Another office policy that we adhere to is that we only discuss work comp exams and/or reports with the attorney who requested the exam, not with examinees. Any questions should be directed to the attorney, who will contact the office, if necessary. The office also follows both HIPAA laws and Kansas Medical Records Law, so we are not able to discuss patient information without a signed authorization to do so, or to send medical records for which we do not have a valid records release in place. We apologize to any individuals whose records have been held up due to incomplete requests. The office has undergone several staffing changes and policy updates in the last several years, which frequently comes with an adjustment period for current patients. We thank our patients for having patience with these changes and look forward to providing the best possible care in the future.

Apr 14th, 2015

Kick out of office because I had my two year old son also used words that I will not post. Hands down worst place I've ever been I'd rather be treated by a monkey

Jan 13th, 2015

This office is a joke. Horrible staff and knowingly violates HIPAA and Health Information Laws.

Nov 22nd, 2014

I was sent by my auto-instance company for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Murati was thourough in his test but seemed to be rushing and report seemed missing important details. Thereafter his report my insurance company cut of my benefits without prior notice. I called several times since I wanted some clarification as my inurance adjuster just wanted to read a few sentences out of a 3 paged report to their benefit. I was asked by his receptionist to call the number of the company that my insurance asked to send me there but my auto-insurance company said the company had nothing to do with it. Was bounced back and forth. His receptionist then said I should talk to the Joanna who wrote the report but was not at the office. When I called another day, before I could say much she insisted that they cannot change the report which was not my purpose. I was then threatened that if I call again they would call the police and hung up on me. I wanted to explain my reason for calling and the receptionist then hung up as soon as she picked up my call. It was a TERRIBLE and TRAUMATIC experience. I could not sleep for weeks. I was just caught in the middle only to be RUDELY treated by his staff. Seems like they're used to doing this after reading the reviews.

Satisfied Patient show details Satisfied Patient
by Inky on Jan 17th, 2014

I have always been treated with respect and concern. Dr. Murati has done a lot to diagnose new problems that are of concern to he and to me. Most recently he diagnosed an "almost dead nerve" in my R arm. He was genuinely concerned about my getting prompt treatment from the doctor to which he was referring me. I will admit that when I was initially admitted to the practice it took quite a lot of time to get in. Dr. is one of few physicians that do a lot of work for the court system for those persons who are in some kind of litigation. Between those of us patients who are seen monthly or every two months he stays very busy. I have several conditions that cause me quite a lot pain. He always makes sure that I have what I need to make life bearable. He and his staff have bent over backward to make sure I have what I need, and have always treated me with respect.

dolphin lover show details dolphin lover
Nov 9th, 2013

I must be one of the lucky ones they are very nice,spends time with me cares a lot.everyone has good and bad days especially the way the world is with all the drug seekers out there that ruin it for us that need it.he has never treated me bad if you take your meds as prescribed you will have them in your system if something is not working call and let them know I am very happy with this doctor.

Rude show details Rude
by Christina Jones on Oct 21st, 2013

I had a insurance ordered appointment today with the Dr. and I was weary going in after the reviews I reed on here. I found the Dr. to be rude and condescending. I will not go to him for pain management.

This guy is awful with people skills show details This guy is awful with people skills
by Horrible Experience on Oct 7th, 2013

I was sent to him around 2003 for shoulder pain/evaluation. At that time, I watched him screaming on the phone in Liberal, Ks (His outreach location) to a staff member in Wichita over something to do with an exterminator. I nearly walked out then. The exam was cursory. When the bill came for my part that insurance didn't cover, I mailed a check. It was mailed back because they only take cash or money orders. After several tries (I would not pay $2 for a money order), I finally drove to Wichita to his office, a 314 mile round trip, and paid the $13.00 in loose pennies. I was that irritated with his manner and his staff by that time. His office manager at the time was no help at all.

RUN FAR AWAY! show details RUN FAR AWAY!
Sep 28th, 2012

This man SCREAMED at me and BERATED me because I had no insurance. I paid 180 dollars for an initial office visit out of pocket, and he said that there was no way he could treat me for chronic back pain because of all the tests I would need to have done would cost thousands of dollars. I think he should lose his license. It is apparent that all he cares about it how many tests he can charge your insurance company! I left there crying and have never ever seen a doctor behave in such a fashion.

College graduate 4.0 show details College graduate 4.0
Apr 28th, 2012

He was hard to get in with due to his huge case load. He is friendly, concerned and very experienced. I go there knowing he is busy, but that I will be getting the best care possible. Personally, his staff as it is now, are absolutely outstanding. Joanna, office manager, is so very kind to me as is Dr. Murati.

Terrible show details Terrible
Apr 20th, 2012

I was a patient of his for two years. I never failed a drug test or had any problems. Two weeks before my third surgery he discharged me for not having a medication in my system. Does not care about his patients, just money. Dont waste your time.

Was turned away by office manager show details Was turned away by office manager
Oct 14th, 2011

Having been diagnosed via MRI, and being uninsured (another American working poor), I found Dr Murati, who works on a sliding scale. Called and spoke with Jonanna, the office manager. That same day, I faxed and confirmed received the required documents to the office. Was told that due to high volume, that it could be anywhere from "one week to one month" before anyone would get back with me. Fast forward to 3 weeks later, I called again. Was not rude, but more direct this time. After repeatedly rudely being told "I just had to wait", I asked why, with so many patients, they were even taking new patients if we had to wait so long. At that point, Jonanna stated, "We cannot treat you." And hung up.Tried calling back the next day to resolve the prior day's incident. Was in the middle of telling Jonanna there are patients in pain needing to be seen and was told "This conversation's over". She hung up again. I called right back, this time going to the operator extension. Asked who Jonanna's supervisor was and was rudely told that she IS the supervisor. I explained I needed to report her rude behavior and was literally laughed at by this operator who stated, "Who can you report rude office staff to?" My suggestion to anyone considering this office is to not do it. If one does, I hope you fare better than I did. It is my belief that this office exploits poor people in pain. They know and take advantage of the fact we are basically at their mercy. Inexcusable.

Jul 16th, 2011

He is a very good doctor. He is human and he has his good days and his bad days, but he does his work with a professional careing attitude always. If you go in with a bad attitude, you will get one back, that's just the way it is. He has a very good staff who takes care of the patients needs before he comes in to see you. He listens to what you tell him and he gets you to the right doctor when needed and he follows up on it with your next visit. He is a great doctor.

May 13th, 2011

Prescriptions are written before he comes in and only is in the room for like 20 seconds. Staff are lazy and incompetent, making mistakes on simple math on prescriptions or give wrong medicine. He is only in it for the money. Don't go here!!

Apr 23rd, 2011

wonderful Doctor!

Dr who actually listens! show details Dr who actually listens!
Nov 17th, 2010

Dr is very caring and follows up with his patients to completion. His staff is helpful and caring too. He is thorough and professional. Unike many Dr's he actually listens and spends time with patients as needed. If nothing is changed, there are always patients who need more of his time - but if you are the one having problems he spends time listening and determining what course of action is required and then he orders the appropriate tests or sends you to the correct specialist to determine action needed. He always follows up and remembers his patients information and health complaints. He is human (has good days and bad days like everyone else). He looks you in the eye, shakes hands with you and makes you feel like you are not a bother or that he is too busy to hear you!The office staff is always quick to help, and very importantly - they call you to remind you of your appointments! I LOVE that! I'll keep him as long as possible, he is a great dr and I am thrilled to have someone like him to help me.

by Unknown on Aug 3rd, 2010

He has his office staff have your prescription prewritten even before you get into the room and all he does is walk in and sign the prescription. He doesn't ask you about your condition any further than when you have your intial appt. I would atleast think that the Dr should be asking you updating questions each time you come he is just money hungry.

Aug 28th, 2008

great doc, terrible people skills