Dr. Pedro Postigo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Pedro Postigo?

February 27th, 2012

Doctor is very professional. His staff is uninformed and can be uncaring.

October 12th, 2011

Don't go here if you're young...

I started seeing postigo when I was in my early 20s. He diagnosed me with small, non-convulsant seizures (I am now seeing a neurologist who said being given a diagnosis solely from an MRI and EEG isn't enough for this; she doesn't even think what I have is seizures..something else). Anyhow, initially I liked him a lot. I went through a few medications because I was having reactions to all of them. The last one he prescribed me was Depakote (aka sodium valporate). I saw another doctor shortly after him (I moved) who said that is the LAST medication I should be on (or anyone should be on unless they have severe seizures), especially because I'm of child bearing age- it causes cleft palet, spinabifida and other birth defects in a huge percentage of pregnancies. Another issue I have with him, is he isn't very caring. He goes through the motions, tells you the issues very dryly. When I would ask questions, sometimes he'd even say 'well I don't know' (things like, does this work with birth control? what are the side effects if___?) My hubby even got frustrated with him because he would have to ask the question again, since the dr. didn't really answer me. He has a casual, almost rude attitude towards me- perhaps a cultural thing towards females. Dr. Postigo's staff IS FANTASTIC...super nice, very sweet. He just isn't used to dealing with young people or answering questions beyond what he has in his old textbook- every time I went to his office there were grandma's and grandpa's there- never once saw a young person. New doc put me on something else which is good because we've started a family.

September 20th, 2010

Dr. Postigo was a lifesaver

He solved my migraine problem and monitors it very reasonably, with just the right amount of conscientiousness and not too much hassle!

October 1st, 2008