Dr. Pedro Troya MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Tampa, FL

• Good
  • Bad

January 7th, 2017
He alway care about his patients

December 2nd, 2016
The physician is friendly and seems knowledgeable. However, be prepared to wait!!! The office is extremely behind, office staff not exactly friendly or to inform patients of unbelievable wait times and no apologies if you have to reschedule because you can't seem to wait the 1 1/2 hour past your appointment time? The time I went to follow up labs he not only didn't have them on hand but I don't think he even reviewed them....he had time. I'm sorry but there are other physicians to see!

September 7th, 2016
Experienced and Caring Doctor!
Dr Troya is a fabulous doctor!!! He always has a smile and is very friendly. He is never in a hurry and takes the time to listen to your health concerns and genuinely cares about helping you feel better. If you are looking for an experienced doctor with great bedside manner, he is your man!

July 20th, 2016
CMH
A great, great doctor. Dr. Troya and his staff actually make a doctor visit enjoyable! I have been his patient for 7 years and he has my Type 1 diabetes under great control, such that it does not limit me at all. I heartily recommend Dr. Troya to anyone with endocrine issues.

April 22nd, 2016
Dr PEDRO TROYA is exceptional, very knowledgeable, patient and understanding, very thorough explanations, generous with his time, excellent with follow-ups. For thyroid conditions I would highly recommend Dr Troya!

February 19th, 2016
I will not see this doctor
Reading the most recent reviews warned me about the kind of doctor Dr. Troy is: arrogant, disrespectful, always late. I will not see him.

February 10th, 2016
Could not have cared less
Doctor could not have cared less. He only looked at the lab results, did not care about any symptoms. Told me I had Hashimoto's and there was nothing I could do except get on Synthroid when my labs were worse. No follow up care, no advice on how to help me. He was out of the building before I was.

December 29th, 2015
Waiting and waiting for almost 2 hours
Since he has a own office the appointment never was on time... last time he was delayed almost 2 hours!! Is rude to think my time has no value for him. No explanation either... delayed is his business as usual mode...

October 28th, 2015
Only if you have to...
This was my 3rd endo I found after "shopping" around to help me with my thyroid. I had a goiter as big as a baseball, yet no doctor could seem to tell me why it kept growing or why I had symptoms matching Hashimoto's. Each one dismissed me as my "numbers were fine" so it must just be a "genetic thing" (according to Dr Troya). He biopsied every nodule to make sure there was no cancer. Other than that, he was very arrogant and didn't want to answer any questions. After my biopsy, he read my results from my blood work to me. I said "why am I so tired? why is my hair falling out?" He had no answer other than telling me I'm fine and my numbers are fine. He sent me off to surgery where my thyroid was removed. I went to my now current endo and he was curious to see why I had such a large goiter in the first place. All that was required of this was to test the antibodies in my blood. He does exactly that and says I have Hashimoto's...you know, the thing I'd been asking about for years and being shot down by doctor's like Troya. The only reason HE gets 2 stars is because his staff in Riverview is very friendly. I'd never, ever see him again.

August 27th, 2015
Arrogant doctor, unprofessional staff.
The staff at the front at the Wesley Chapel office were very unprofessional and kept talking loudly about their personal lives in front of the patients. Wait time was over an hour even though only a couple patients were waiting to be seen. Doctor saw pharmaceutical rep before the patients, even though we were waiting for a while. Troya was very arrogant and acted like he was the God of thyroids, yet he couldn't explain the current issues I was having with my current dosage of synthroid. He wouldn't listen to me. I felt like he didn't really take me seriously because I'm young. I had a total thyroid ectomy at a young age, and I can tell he didn't believe it. Therefore, he made me get an ultrasound then and there in the office. Pretty sure he felt stupid when he realized I did in fact have no thyroid! I got the impression that he's one of those doctors who's in it for the money, not because he cares about helping people. Overall I was really disappointed and will be seeking a new endo.

August 27th, 2015
Addy
Does not have the experience or knowledge to treat Addison's Disease. Focused on paper test results, not how a patient feels at the time of appointment. No follow-up or concern for patient. If medication dosages needed to be changed for any reason, would not feel comfortable at all with the decisions from this provider.

June 18th, 2015
Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor
Saw him for hypothyroidism. He's focused only on paper test results and doesn't listen to or care about what the patient is feeling or experiencing physically. Did nothing but lower thyroid hormone dosage again and again; when I said this isn't working for me because of fatigue and weight gain, his answer was, "there's nothing I can do for you." A complete waste of 7 months and lots of money!