Dr. Peggy Manuel MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics San Diego, CA

September 4th, 2012
Best kept secret of pediatricians in San Diego
I am so happy that we found Dr. Manuel in San Diego. I think the following traits make her an incredible doctor in an age when doctors simply want to prescribe pain meds and antibiotics over trying to figure out the problem at hand: 1. Advanced knowledge and advice on preventative activities I can take to keep my children healthy & happy. This includes diet, behavioral advice, vitamins, and practical advice based on scientific articles and review versus blog-o-facts on what is important to raising healthy children. 2. Extremely responsive to urgent needs and calls back herself to discuss and prescribe help when my children are not feeling right. 3. Evolves her opinion. Based on changing studies she has evolved her advice to synthesize these new facts to help. I can't tell you how many people and doctors I know that are 10 years behind on current literature and prescribing as such. Not Dr. Manuel 4. Last, awesome and very personal doctor that loves kids and teaching parents. She doesn't finish her office visit until we have exhausted all our questions. A rare gem in this day and age of physician scheduling.

September 4th, 2012
Hands Down the Best Pediatrician in San Diego
Dr. Manuel is by far one of the best pediatricians in San Diego, both in knowledge and educating parents on what is bothering your child, but also educating parents on what to pay attention too as your child grows. Her expansive knowledge on the importance of nutrition, and providing a perspective of calm and coherence to parenting that is under assault in the world today helps us with three kids really try to be the best parents possible for our kids. I recommend her to anyone that is seeking knowledge and guidance and a calming presence to doctor visits with your children.

December 27th, 2011
Very wonderful and caring pediatrician. As to the other reviewer, i'm sorry you had that experience. Had you called, i'm sure she would have prescribed something over the phone. She's great at personally returning calls and i have never known her (after 8 years) to be anything but thorough. She does tend to push certain holistic approaches, omega 3 and vitamin D. All around, she's a great pediatrician and i'm a picky mom.

October 19th, 2010
Not a dilligent doctor
We feel that during a routine check up, Dr. Manuel didn't take the time to give a proper examination, and as a consequence we had to go to an emergency clinic for an eye infection that required antibiotics. We feel that it should have been noticed during the visit because the child already had appearing discharge in his eyes. Also, she rushed through the appointment and her delivery of information was confusing. The person who wrote the previous review was totaly right, as far as Dr. Manuel giving an advice of the vitamin D intake, which she also recomended for our child. Actually, in a certain nutrition book I learned that a child or an infant must get a full spectrum of vitamins, and not only vitamin D as Dr. Manuel beleives. That was our first and last visit to her.

November 13th, 2009
She is a great Dr and my kids love her
Dr Manual is a great Dr and my kids love her. They never fear going to the Dr that is a plus in my eyes. I do recommend her to my friends, but because don't want to tell everyone because she is a best kept secret and I want to be able to get appointment when I need them.

May 5th, 2009
Dr.Manuel is sweet and very professional but can lack skill
This is for Dr. Peggy Manuel she is very sweet and caring, wonderful bedside manner but 4 times she has not diagnosed my daughter when she had pneumonia. She often will prescribe just a "wonderful dose of Vitamin D and Salmon for dinner" and thinks colds, fevers and everything in between will be fine. I have had to go to the emergency room 2 times because of lack of diagnosis and proper medical help. NOT FUN :( Sorry Dr. manuel, though you are super sweet you need to be more attentive to your patients Medical needs, otherwise we would go with a hollistic approach if that's what we wanted.