Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Both knees replaced, one at a time  |  show details
by Phil K on Nov 24th, 2014

Dr. Mooar did an excellent job, pain free but more importantly infection free replacing my knees.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Adam J. on Dec 19th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Mooar was nothing short of excellent. I went to him for a second opinion after a very poor experience and surgical treatment with another doctor. He spent a lot of time with me understanding my previous experience, making his own diagnosis, and presenting me with my options. He asked the right questions and had a very realistic and grounded approach to what would lie ahead. As a result, I chose him to do the arthroscopic surgery on my knee. Before I went into surgery he spent time with me and my family explaining how things would go and then again afterwards checking on my comfort and answering any follow up questions. He also had me on my feet the very next day with minimal pain or discomfort and was incredibly prompt in responding to follow up questions. His staff at both his practice in Fort Washington, and at Temple Hospital were courteous, friendly and really great overall. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Mooar and his practice. Highly recommended!

|  Best Orthopedic Doctor on the East Coast  |  show details
by Reno911 on Aug 31st, 2013

Been with Dr. Pekka Mooar since 1990. I was assigned to him in 1990 from a accident I was in out of state. Was in the worse MVA ever and cut my right leg in half at the knee. My knee and leg was saved. Throughout time my leg would need minor repair i.e. a minus tear or scar tissue removed. Without his caring for his patients and faith that anything can be accomplished and most of all his skills as a doctor I would not be walking and running, and even talking Tang-so-do. Can you believe it. I am now used as a study which is wonderful and I tell people to without his skill and caring and your own will anything can be accomplished. He is easy to talk to. And he talks to you not at you and he listens and that what is great to. He doesn't give up on any of his patients and can find a needle in a haystack. He believes in his patients. I am with hom to this days (year 2013) and he is current working on my other knee where my cartilage ripped off and left a pot hole. They are regrowing it to replace it so I will not need a knee replacement. I also had trouble with another very serious issue and he seen how ill I was. He made a call for he cared and cares about his patients. If he didn't do it I wouldn't be here to this day and I am forever thankful. Not simply for that for everything. No better doctor out there.

|  Knee Surgery Pending  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2013

I asked him if I could get a second opinion. He said yes, so I asked him again confident that he is the best surgeon for me.

|  Top Doc  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

My wife had fluid both on her knees and he was an excellent doctor taking care of her problem.Top doctor

|  I had 2 ruptured achilles operations 10 years apart (Left and right foot)  |  show details
by Anthony Anastasi on Jan 20th, 2009

He is affiliated with the Flyers/Phantoms ice hockey in Philadelphia. He is not only an excellent surgeon, he is a kind and thoughtful person!!

|  Dr. Mooar  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2008

This Doctor always seems to be in a rush. I have no doubt that he probably understand what he is speaking of. I was unimpressed with my first visit to him. He spent a total of maybe 45 seconds with my visit. He didnt give me a chance to explain or tell him I was in pain. I had to call my primary. Been that I am fair person I decided to give him a second chance. I went back this time he spent maybe two minutes with me. I was speaking to him and he immediately ignored me and stated speaking into his PDA. Iam searching for another place to go.

|  he's a great doctor and a great guy  |  show details
by robyn on Aug 5th, 2008

Dr. Mooar fixed my L knee and is going to be doing my R knee soon...he is amazing at his profession...and he works on pro hockey/football players....he can do no wrong in my eyes

|  Invited him to my wedding!  |  show details
by Lauren on Jul 2nd, 2008

He's such a great doctor, in skill, professionalism, and bedside manner. I had a comminuted compound fracture of my femur (and a few other things), with excessive complications of the knee. He had me walking unassisted down the isle in less than 2 years. I still send him updates on my knee, 10 years later! And yes, he did attend my wedding.