Dr. Penelope Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 21st, 2016
The Office Staff are horrible, rude, most unhelpful and mean!!!

January 28th, 2015
Dr. Cohen is very professional and personable but unfortunately she is surrounded by unmannered and pretentious staff.

July 30th, 2012
The staff at this office should be retrained in manners. Very discourteous.

May 16th, 2012
Love Dr. Cohen, but her office staff is not very nice. They are rude and curt on the phone. I actually have considered changing doctors just because of their lack of courtesy.Also - if you are not an established patient, the wait time to get an appointment is outrageous.

October 11th, 2011
Love Dr. Cohen....DETEST her front office staff
I adore Dr. Cohen. I find her knowledgeable and caring. I've never felt rushed and she has always been more than happy to look into, and diagnose, anything that was bothering me. I cannot say enough how wonderful she is. However, excluding her medical assistant, the rest of the women in the front are awful! They're rude, horrid things who seem to think being cordial to the patients is beneath them. A friend of mine is also a patient there and they said that they heard the front desk staff bad mouthing Dr. Cohen behind her back! That is beyond unprofessional! I have honestly thought about finding a new dermatologist many times because of those "ladies". I stayed because I would just say to myself, over and over again, I'm only dealing with them for the time it takes to make an appointment. After my last visit, I am thinking about it again but this time, I think I will actually do it. I've recommended quite a few people to Dr. Cohen and they all say the same thing about her front office. I have honestly never met a worse group of receptionists and often wonder why Dr. Cohen has not fired them all. I'm quite sure she could find a better group of women to help her. So to sum my review up; if you are able to get by the front desk harpies, Dr. Cohen is a great dermatologist. Her medical assistant is also very nice. If it were only the two of them in the office, than I would stay. As it is, she will no longer be my dermatologist and while I will continue to recommend her, it will always include a warning about her front desk staff. Awful! Awful! Awful!

September 29th, 2011
Dr Cohen was extremely professional and a top notch doctor in every sense of the word.

February 23rd, 2011
Terrible service
I went to this doctor to remove skin tags and she cut them off but when I asked her to take out a black head that was on my face, she told me I was there to remove the tags and I would have to come back again?? Excuse me? it takes about 30 seconds to do. I also find she rushes you out, I find the office staff is very nasty and not helpful at all, the only person that was nice is the doctors assistant. she is the only one with a personality. I had to pay 100.00 for the skin tag removal and I think she could of taken a black head out for that kind of money, I will never bother to go to this office or spend my money here again. Nor will I ever recomend her to anyone.

January 29th, 2010
Not to much good can be said about the office staff. What comes to mind are terms such as:indifferentmoodylove their nails

December 30th, 2009
The front desk staff are VERY rude!

November 30th, 2009
I have been going to Dr. Cohen for many years. She is the best, caring, knowlegeable, friendly. Totally trust her! Would highly recommend her!

July 18th, 2009