A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Penny Asbell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Penny Asbell is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Asbell
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Asbell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Penny Asbell, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Herpetic Keratitis
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Postcataract Aphakia
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Asbell graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Asbell has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
- City Hospital Center Elmhurst
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Penny Abigail Asbell MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Penny A. Asbell practice?
- Dr. Penny Asbell has 3 office locations.
Dr. Penny Asbell practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Elmhurst, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.