Dr. Penny Glickman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 7th, 2016
Excellent
Dr Glickman is an excellent clinician who, unlike other endocrinologists, does a physical exam at each visit. She generally runs on time, her office staff are courteous, and her staff include experts in nutrition and pumps.

July 20th, 2016
Chronically Late
Dr Glickman was great in the initial consultation, spending a lot of time with me and engaged in the conversation. After going there for 2 years, I have been on time for every appointment but she is chronically between 45 minutes and an hour late, which I find unacceptable. When I do see her, she is under pressure to "get through" the appointment. I was able to save money get more complete blood work done through my Chriopractor using Quest Labs. Dr. Glickman accepted all the blood work except the Thyroid numbers and wanted that done at her lab. As if Quest would be accurate on 20 other readings but not on the Thyroid numbers. I felt she was insisting on me having my lab work done at her office so she could earn the fees. I have quit going there.

May 19th, 2016
This practice cares more about their processes and your money than they do about your health.

May 19th, 2016
Office cares more about money than the patients' health
I was a patient of Dr. Glickman in 2005. She is a wonderful doctor. I was let go for not paying a bill I did not know I had. Now in 2016, although the ...

June 9th, 2015
I called to make an appointment and they hung up on me...

May 27th, 2015
Would be perfect with better office staff
Dr. Glickman by herself is a very knowledgeable provider. Her staff is awful, though.

April 13th, 2015
Great physician
It took awhile to become a patient, but so glad I came to Dr. Glickman. She is extremely thorough, and I feel she listens to my health concerns and formulates a plan with me, for me.

September 15th, 2014
GREAT doctor!!! :-)

November 15th, 2013
Rude Staff
I called to make an appointment as a new patient and the woman I talked to was very rude and unhelpful. I asked simple questions like "How long would it take a new patient to see this doctor" and "Do I need a referral from my primary care doctor" With a rude tone, she responded to the second question with yes, because they are a specialist office. When I replied back with "I just wanted to double check because my insurance company said I didn't need one", she again replied with an annoyed and rude tone saying "Well, you insurance company has nothing to do with it"... What?!?? She pretty much glazed over the first question three times with asking me other questions until finally I had enough and said "If you had all my info and records and I just needed to make an appointment, when would be the soonest I could get in?" Her one word reply was "February" and that ended the conversation. I am a "young adult" patient but that does not give anyone the right to treat me with disrespect. I am just trying to get my health in order and because of this woman I will not be going to this facility.

August 29th, 2013
From the start Michele M was very compassionate and went above and beyond to get me an appointment with Dr. Glickman, This experience is something that I will always be thankful for and never forget. My first appointment seeing Dr, Glickman was such a relief as I had been voicing my concerns to other doctors who had been treating me for 3 years about my thyroid, Having thyroid disease run on both sides of my family made me all that much more aware of the symptoms yet the other doctors chose to ignore me even with evidence of an enlarged thyroid gland on my PET scan when diagnosed with BC. Dr. Glickman made me feel at ease and confirmed my suspicions regarding my thyroid. She asks all the right questions, addresses each issue and is very compassionate and thorough, Another member of her staff Millie also went above and beyond for me recently as the office was not officially open yet when Lynx just left me alone in the dark to stand outside. As she approached the building she asked if I had an appointment and let me sit in the lobby instead of stand outside in the dark. That made a world of difference to me as I have MS and there was no where to sit outside and I didn't feel safe out there alone. The above mentioned staff and the personnel in scheduling get the highest rating this site allows me to give because of their genuine care and compassion. Thank you - I wish everyone I encounter in doctors offices were like you.

June 18th, 2013
Very rude staff....
Very rude and condescending front office staff - Unprofessional interactions with future patients - Even with all of the accolades, their front line staff is horrible - Would rather go to a less recognizable specialist than deal with that type of treatment.

April 24th, 2013
Tops
Dr. Glickman has seen me through almost 20 years of diabetes and thyroid treatment. I am in excellent health thanks to her knowledge and always updated medical skill.