Dr. Penny Lawin MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Madison, MS

3.4

February 19th, 2016
horrible bedside manner
I had her recommended surgery without getting a 2nd opinion. It failed, and she wanted to do it again. I went to Oshner and Campbell Clinics for 2nd opinions. Neither agreed a 2nd surgery would work , and one wondered why the 1st surgery was done. Dr. Lawin sees too many patients and is always in a rush, which means she spends very little time with you. If you have a complicated problem, I suggest you go to UMMC or out-of-town.

April 15th, 2015
Dr. Lawin is wonderful! If you need a orthopedic doctor call her!!!

June 19th, 2013
Foot Pain
I went to see Dr. Lawin based on a recommendation. I had severe foot pain, especially in the morning like needles near my heels. I was limping around and finally went to see Dr. Lawin. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis (thank you spell checker). She told me about treatments and then I was given instructions on stretching, ice, anti-inflamatories and the ramp. Took the pills and semi-followed instructions and didn't get much better. Made a follow up appointment and admitted I didn't follow instructions, and didn't get much sympathy. I made a commitment to follow instructions and stood on the !@$?$ ramp throughout the day and the thing actually worked.

March 29th, 2013
Patient
Every time I went back after surgery,Dr. Lawin would tell me a different type of shoe that I needed. Now,these shoes cost about 200.00 each time. I was always so confused about what I was to do after each visit.