A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Penny Turtel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Penny Turtel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Penny Turtel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Colonic Polyps
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Turtel graduated from Cornell University, New York. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Turtel has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Monmouth Medical Center
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Turtel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan