Dr. Percy Mitchell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

September 24th, 2015
I absolutely love Dr. Mitchell! He's excellent with my children and is great with informing myself of their diagnosis! Hands down the best doctor I have found for my children. He actually listens to both patient and parents. Highly recommend him to people I know. Absolutely one of the best doctors I've ever been in contact with!!!

August 11th, 2014
i would never ever ever ever recommend this doctor to anyone. He gets paid to listen but he doesn't. i had to repeat information to him a few times, i mentioned my previous counselor to him before and each time he acted like it was the first time he heard i was in counseling before. The rest of the staff is amazing, Jeffrey Yetter and Melissa Renner are excellent, but the doctor is not. i was feeling so bad after my second, and last, appointment with him that i just wanted to die. i still go to the same office but i don't see the doctor, i see Melissa, the NP, and Jeff, my therapist,

November 20th, 2013
never had an appointment but this doctor thought he was smart enough to give a diagnosis over the phone; not professional; very misleading; would never recommend him or the hospital he is affiliated with

May 9th, 2013
Do NOT trust this man with your child!
All Dr. Mitchell seems to do is prescribe medications, even tho the medications he prescribes are NOT related to the diagnosis. So, is he misdiagnosing my son so he can experiment different drugs on him or is he that stupid? I took my son to him for almost 2 years, I finally had had enough of the over medication and found my son a new Dr. In the past 4 months that we have seen the new Dr, he completely changed his medications around and now my son is doing GREAT! Please, if you want to HELP your child, stay AWAY from this man and his entire practice. If you want to OVER MEDICATE your child, then by all means, he is the 1 you're looking for.

April 1st, 2013
Do not See Dr. Mitchell. The man is a fool!
He was treating my children through my ex-wife with drugs that aren't used for treating the illnesses that he says they were being treated for. When I asked him why he was giving them these mind altering drugs that aren't even considered effective for these illnesses, his response was, "in my experience as a practitioner they work". I then asked him to show me the data that supported his conclusion. He smugly replied that he was not a researcher - He was a practitioner. My question is shouldn't he be first trying medications that have been shown effective by the research community that adds any credence the to things he does as a practitioner?

September 28th, 2012
Worst Psychiatris in the Miami Valley
Staff is good, but the Doctor stinks!