Dr. Perry Hoeltzell MD, PHD, FACS, M.Sc Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 25th, 2011
MrB.B BarrMBBBaMrrry Jason
after waiting for 3 hours did not find this doctor intelligent kind or accurate in diagnosing my problem he`s history

August 20th, 2010
rare find
this doctor is the best. he is short staffed, but the young lady handling everything, bless her heart, does the best she can. as busy as the dr hoeltzell is he always takes his time to listen and understand . greatest bedside manner of any dr i have ever been too.

August 13th, 2010
His secretary/nurse/administrator, is very difficult to reach. It is very unprofessional. The administrator at the hospital is even frustrated with his office.

July 28th, 2010
Totaly Rude people
if you want to be treated badlygo see this Doctor, if he isn;t Rude his staff will be for certain

March 5th, 2010
The worst Dr I have ever seen
I ended up having 2 sugeries on my back done by Dr Hoeltzell. The second sugery he placed a device similar to a metal ball in between ths discs in my lower back. I had to have a 3rd surgery. This time I went to Cleveland Clinic in Weston. The Dr whose name is Dr Lieberman informed me that Dr Hoeltzell did not make a space for the ball this caused my back to fall apart which is all documented in his notes. I was unable to even walk to my mailbox. Since the time of my surgery and the time I contacted a lawyer he had joined a large practice. The lawyer said it would be almost impossible to go after him because of this. To me my opinion is that I was nothing more than a number to him to see how much money he could make doing the surgery. Stay away from him or at least get a second opinion.

November 19th, 2009
Nasty Man!!!!
I had spinal fusion surgery where this doctor placed a titanium plate in my neck with 4 screws. The surgery, at the time when I woke up from the procedure, seemed to do the trick! I was so excited to be almost pain free! What I didn't realize at the time was that the anesthesia with pain medications was flowing through my system, of course I was feeling great! Well...when I went for my 2nd follow I told him I was in pain. He renewed the pain meds and home I went. When I came back for the 3rd time, the pain was worse. I told him all my symptoms and he said: "It must be in your head!!!! I did the job right!!!" I was shocked and mortified that he spoke to me in such an uncaring, abusive manner all I could do was stand there in shock and cry!!! After a few minutes, I composed myself and walked out right then and there while he was still talking. This was the very first time in my life I've ever walked out on a doctor or any othere professional.In closing, it's 5 years later, I'm still in pain! If you love to be abused and have a doctor talked down to you in a degrading way, by all means go to him. If not....RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!

September 14th, 2009
My Husband
Lost all use of his hands due to weakness and numbness. Could not hold a telephone. Saw orthopedic surgeons that tested his hands for problems. Could not find anything wrong. Dr. Hoeltzell immediately diagnosed his problem, had his neck repaired and followed up with personal calls to him at home. Absolutely the best in the field. Thank you Doc.

September 9th, 2009
Photogragher
Dr. Hoeltzell operated on my Lower Back.I was so crippled I could hardly walk. The floor becamemy bed for 2 years until this "Miracle" Doc fixed myback. I had the surgery and walked out of the hospitalthe next day! He saved my career!

August 31st, 2009
R.N.
Being in the medical field, I was very skeptical.I cannot believe the miracle this neurosugeonperformed on me. Thank you for giving me my lifeback.

June 2nd, 2009
Lies
This doctor did such a horrible job on my back surgery. Than lied about what the problem was after 6 months of me telling him I was in pain. And than when I tried to confront him he wouldn't talk to me about it. And he also doesn't carry any malpractice insurance, which means if he screws up oh well for you. No lawyers want to chance after a dr without insurance. Stay away from this butcher who calls himself a Doctor.

July 15th, 2008
The Best
Having had back problems all my life, I was extremely happy to find a caring professional who, first and foremost, listened to what I had to say and took into consideration my medical history. When I firsy saw him, there was no rush for surgery, as at that time, physical therapy done right, worked wonders. When the time was right, surgery was scheduled and I am pleased more than ever. It's wonderful to have a doctor that actually cares and has a calm, reassuring, human bedside manner. After over 15 years of seeing other doctors in this field, I finally do not have to look further. I find the same opinions in talking with his other patients while in his waiting room.

April 27th, 2017