A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Shapiro, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 6 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Presbyterian / Westchester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter A Shapiro MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Peter A. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. Peter Shapiro has 2 office locations.
Dr. Peter Shapiro practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.