A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Shapiro, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 6 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Presbyterian / Westchester
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter A. Shapiro practice?
Dr. Peter Shapiro practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.