A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Abel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Abel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abel
High Blood Pressure Patient Education Your patient education guide for understanding high blood pressure and hypertension symptoms. Let us help guide you when visiting your doctor.Before Visiting Dr. Abel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Abel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Abel graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Abel has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Terrebonne General Hospital
- Franklin Foundation Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Michael Abel MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Peter M. Abel practice?
- Dr. Peter Abel has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Abel practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Morgan City, LA.
See Morgan City Internists and Morgan City Cardiologists.