A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Abt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Abt, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Contact Dermatitis
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Splenectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Transplantation
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Abt graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover.
Dr. Abt has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter L. Abt practice?
Dr. Peter Abt practices Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.