A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Abt, MD is board certified in Surgery.
He has special expertise in 9 Areas, including Appendectomy, Dialysis Catheter Placement, and Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy.6 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Abt graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover.More Education & Awards
Dr. Abt has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Peter Abt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter L. Abt practice?
Dr. Peter Abt practices Surgery and Transplant Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: King Of Prussia, PA and Exton, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Pedro Abt, Dr. Pete Abt, Dr. Pierre Abt