A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Abt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abt
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abt Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Abt, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Contact Dermatitis
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Splenectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Transplantation
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Abt graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Abt has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Lawrence Abt MD is a male Surgeon, has 17 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Peter L. Abt practice?
- Dr. Peter Abt has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Abt practices Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.