Dr. Peter Althausen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

November 15th, 2016
Reckless
The recklessness of this Doctor put someone I love in danger. Beware.

October 18th, 2016
Thank the stars above Dr, Althausen was on duty.!
While Burning Man I feel off a second story platform and broke'right femur at the neck where it attaches to the hip. I was airlifted to Reno and was brought to Renown Memorial. I was there literally with and feeling scared and quite vulnerable. while in pre-op Dr. Althausen came in with a big smile and a whole lot of energy that was very positive and uplifting. Cracking a joke and which made me feel extremely at ease. My surgery was a success outfitting me with a rod that begins miss thigh.,going through the marrow canal to the head of my femur, a lag screw power perpendicular to the rod helping to support my hip and a pin to secure the other end of the roof. He did this by cutting 3 strategic spots on the side of my pet right thigh only 1,5 inches long to do this work......Amazing! I was on my feet a few hours later with the assistance of a walker and walked down the hall back by the encouragement of the doctor. Telling me to put a much weight on the leg that I could bear. Incredible! After I have had two follow up this far and Dr, still impresses me with his positive energy and his willingness to spend the time answering questions and giving insight and encouragement. He asked me to do a final follow up in6-8weeks because he wants to make sure use perfect. I am very impressed with Dr. Althausen and highly recommend him if you're in need of an orthopedic surgeon!

February 8th, 2011
Competent, Engaged
Dr. Althausen is very good both in technical quality and bedside manner. He explains diagnoses and treatment clearly and at a level appropriate for the patient's understanding. He is caring and takes the time to answer questions, even those which may be of a generalized nature not directly related to the condition treated. I highly recommend him.

December 21st, 2010
Outstanding
2 surgeries now for broken bones. His technical skills combined with his concern and caring have helped me get back to my normal activities quickly. I was told by a hospital administrator that I got lucky that Dr. Althausen was on duty when I came in to the emergency room because he is the best. I agree.

December 4th, 2010
Live Saver
Pete, put my hip back together

April 24th, 2010
The Worst
He was always too busy to be bothered with me. In the emergency room, he couldn't wait for the nurse to give me a pain killer before he setting my ankle. She was standing there with the medication, which probably went on bill. I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days and never saw him once. He operated on me and I didn't know what he did. When I got a post op infection and called him, he brushed me off and said swelling is normal. I was in extreme pain and discomfort.

September 25th, 2008
Amazing!
Dr. A put my shattered leg (25 pieces) back together perfectly. After three other doctors told us they would not be able to help, he looked at me and told me he would make it perfect. He is extremely nice, takes away all your worry, and is the best at what he does. My life would be completely different if I had not seen this doctor, I owe him everything.