Dr. Peter Ambrus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Ambrus?

Home Allergies

Home Allergies

Have you seen Dr. Peter Ambrus?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 3rd, 2016

I got tonsilitis maybe twice a year

Had I read these reviews I would never had ANY surgery ,never mind two. I went in for a tonsilectomy,and was told I also needed to have a septoplasty and that I would notice dramaticly the differance in my breathing..,and that "it would be a life changing experience" his words..,and it sure has,but unfortunately for me not for the better...Rite after surgery (and its documented) my saliva gland swelled like a balloon,and now two years later I live on antibiotics because I now have chronic sinusitis..My own Dr.told me had he known I was going to have this surgery he would of advised me not to..I felt like I was rushed into surgery,with out getting a second opinion..South Shore Hospital referred me..Looking back I would have gotten a second opinion ,and had let my primary know..but I have found some really good drs through all this,and have found out there are procedures that can fix my saliva gland with out a scapple.by simply dialating the gland..I wish I could go back two years,but I can't .Now I have two swollen eyes,and 1/2,my right face (same side as gland that swells) coincidence? that's swollen ,black,and puffy. It has taken away from my looks ,thats for sure...Please Always get A second opinion,dont be rushed,because you cant go back,and fix...peace

August 28th, 2015

Overly aggressive in surgery and post op care. I had complications and had to go to another practitioner.

January 6th, 2015

PATIENT

I really wish I had read these reviews before I went to see Dr. Ambrus. All he wants to do is rip apart your head with surgery....there is no other solution. The surgeries are unneeded. He has no regards for his patients, just for the month he will make from yet another surgery. He should not even be practicing!!!

April 10th, 2014

Surgery Happy Doctor

I was recommended to Ambrus by my early teen son's pediatrician for nose bleeds which occur often in the winter with a dry home heating system. I give Ambrus one star because he did cauterize the blood vessel well. However, he said my son had a deviated septum and will absolutely need surgery to correct it or the nose bleeds will never stop. We followed up two weeks later and I asked to see the deviated septum. It was deviated for I could tell when he showed me from studying them online in photos and videos before our second visit. That being said, Ambrus was extremely pushy about the surgery and like others who commented here, he said he did them all the time 100's per year and why not have my son feel better and breath better. My son could breath fine thru his nose. I asked him what the urgency was and Ambrus said he would definitely need to have the surgery before my son's braces came off his teeth. Now, I'm thinking about time off from school or lost time in the summer. Something was nagging at my gut. He was making me scared about my son's septum but at the same time, he had an air of superiority. I told him I will be getting a second opinion. I figure with all the advertisements on the counters in his office and exam rooms for injections for wrinkles and such that he was concerned more about looks. That nagging feeling in the gut just wouldn't go away. I was anxious for two months about my son having the surgery and finally got a second opinion this past week. The second ENT said that there is no way a person of early teens years should have deviated septum surgery for their face isn't even fully grown yet. The second ENT said 19 years old at the very earliest for surgery, and if it's not bothering him later let him decide but never under the age of 19. LISTEN TO YOUR GUT! It's your second brain. So glad I listened to my gut and not Ambrus's authority. Mother's Intuition won out. I am so sorry for all the others that ended up feeling pressured into having unnecessary surgery that caused more problems. What a shame!

December 19th, 2013

Pls seek Second opinion

I went to Dr. Ambrus for chronic ear infection. I suffered so much pain and everytime I came in he would suction the infection out and kept me on antibiotics. He wanted to do surgery and I was willing to do anything at that point to stop the pain and be able to hear again. I was pushed into getting a second opinion by my mother. I went to an ENT who cleared the infection in ONE visit. He said surgery was absolutely NOT needed. I look back and don't understand why he let me suffer and had me on antibiotics while pregnant when it was all unnessasery. Please seek another Dr.

November 21st, 2013

Stay away.

I first saw Dr Ambrus for persistent strept throat, he was to take my tonsils out. After an MRI I was told that I had a deviated septum and my sinuses could be "opened up" to also help alleviate the throat issues. As he came highly recommended I had no reason not to trust his advice. Keep in mind I had NEVER had a sinus issue in my life. Two weeks after the surgery, I had a sinus infection (and a life threatening allergic reaction). That was five years ago. Since then, I have had to have ANOTHER surgery to correct the damage from the first one. I have also spent the last five years suffering from chronic sinus infections and issues from a surgery that never should have been done in the first place. His bedside manner is non existent to say the least and at no point does he have the patients best interests in mind.

August 27th, 2012

HORRIBLE Dr Beware

I totally agree with previous poster he does not care about the patient at all 2 years later and I am worse off than before I met this clown. My friend 25 years later the same. STAY AWAY

February 29th, 2012

Performed Septoplasty - Amazing Difference

My wife had been suggesting for quite a while that I should have my nose checked out (she thought I had a deviated septum due to snoring and weird breathing at night). I went in because of a nasty sinus infection and he suggested I get a septoplasty. (Another reviewer mentioned his suggesting surgery as bad form, although I'm not sure why.)He ordered me a CT scan and showed me the results - my septum was horribly deviated and there was a cyst (non-cancerous) that was also blocking airflow through my nose. My septoplasty was five days ago and I just had my first post-op visit. The difference is incredible. Even though this is the within the first week after surgery (apparently ability to breathe increases as the nose heals, up to six months out), I feel like I can breathe better than I ever had before. There's little sinus pressure anymore.As for Dr. Ambrus himself, I like him. He's straightforward and succinct and has guided me every step of the way. I've had issues with wait time for my appointments but the benefits of seeing him make it worth it.

February 26th, 2012

Needless and Wreckless Surgery

Dr Peter Ambrus is very quick to tell his patients that they need surgery (especially sinus surgery and is known for operating numerous times on individual patients). Sinus surgery should be used by an ENT as a last resort, not as a first option. I bet there is a disproportionate amount of his sinus patients that undergo surgery as compared with other ENTs. My opinion of Dr Ambrus is that he is more concerned with billing the insurance companies than he is with the best interest of his patients.

October 24th, 2011

i would not recommend this doctor!

October 17th, 2011

Excellent ENT

I was concerned about some of the bad reviews here prior my deviated septum and sinus surgery. 1 month after it i can breathe like never before and my sinus headaches are all gone. Very happy with the results and Dr Ambrus.

July 2nd, 2011

Never again

I waited almost an hour for the 3rd time for Dr. Ambrus. The second time I complain. I bring in 2 small children with me that are both his patients. I told him please if the wait is going to be more than 30 min please call me and I will come in at a later time. My children can not wait almost an hour in his office especially my 17 month son. This was a last time when I was sitting in the waiting room with the other patients and asking what time there appointments where. Mine was at 2:10 another 2:20 another at 2:15. Is this enough time to see each patient? He then took the 2:20 before me than the 2:15. Why did I make an appointmnt then? I walked out.