A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Anastassiou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Anastassiou, Cardiothoracic Surgery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Esophagus Cancer Esophogeal Neoplasm
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Anastassiou graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Anastassiou has 27 hospital affiliations:
- Dominican Santa Cruz Hospitals
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Anastassiou accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter T. Anastassiou practice?
Dr. Peter Anastassiou practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Santa Rosa, CA and Daly City, CA.
See San Francisco Cardiothoracic Surgeons.