inactive

P B Wood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

December 15th, 2015
DisappointedIf
Olympia Orthopedic Associates, Lily Rd, Olympia--Read the previous "Disappointed" review, that was exactly my experience, so two of us having the same problems is a good indicator of how accurate and proper our reviews are. I had post operative problems and when I called, many times, after being transferred to wrong places, many times, reached someone called a "Triage Nurse". It was neither. Not triage help nor a nurse. No help, only guesses and was wrongly told to take their prescribed course of antibiotics (obvious over usage of antibiotics) before the operation instead of the correct way I found out later, to take it afterward, regardless of an infection present. Every time that I called I was given a voice mail and that someone would call within 48 hours, which is quite inadequate for post-surgery problems when one is in pain or has a problem that needs immediate attention. The Office Administrator was a condescending person who would not take my complaints about Dr. Wood's Physician Assistant, Lori Cardwell, who had trouble understanding very basic problems and requests. I specifically indicated a pain medication that I could not take and they promptly gave that exact prescription, and I returned it to them for the correct Rx, the office administrator told me to go to the pain management doctor, even though that Physicians Assistant was present and able to re-write the prescription that was the same she had prescribed before. The Office Administrator was a mean spirited person who would not help with a patient's problems with the office, that should indicate what kind of an office this is. The fact I had to escalate the problems to the office administrator is an indicator of their problematic office, and she obviously was not interested in any way in helping, just retaliation for complaining about the horrible service ranging from their inadequate help over the phone, their inaccurate phone advice, call back interval times, and the inability of the Physician's Assistant to write a prescription for Physical Therapy after 3 requests for it. This office is very inexperienced, confused and inadequate in every way. I am supposed to have another operation and I will absolutely not go back to this office ever for anything whatsoever. This is the "Olympia Orthopedic Associates" Eastside Clinic on Lily Rd NE in Olympia, WA.

July 1st, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
Hip replacement quick, easy, follow instructions and your up and at it in no time. He is now treating my husband for his knees.

July 30th, 2013
Disappointed
Dr. Wood seemed very charming at the first meeting, however after I returned home from the surgery, I had a few problems with pain. He would not return my calls, nor could I get a appointment to see him in a timely manner. My surgery went well, but it left me with the leg involved being 3/4 inch longer. I now need a new hip on the other side and will not go to him on a bet. The staff was rude and had no time for me and the clinic manager did nothing to help either. Every appointment was always at least a 30 minute wait

January 2nd, 2012
Not good
Dr Wood did a meniscus repair on my knee about 2 years ago. It is worse now than before the surgery. It would not bear weight for a week after surgery and he did not recommend crutches. I hopped around on the good leg. Would not straighten for about another 2 weeks so I walked on my toes with my knee bent. This has caused new problems with the foot and increased bone growth and pain at the top of the base at the big toe.He also refused to numb the skin before putting a large needle into my knee joint for a knee injection. He just didn't want to take the time.

October 29th, 2011
Dr. Wood was very charming and informative preoperatively. Postop, was not very receptive when complications arose. Seemed to want to smooth over concerns rather than delve into what could be the problem. Also, very proud of his track record of performing great amounts of knee and hip surgeries. Overall, after years of working in the medical field, I was disappointed in Dr. Woods response to medical complications. Will have to seek a second opinion, wish he had been more receptive.

July 20th, 2010
A New Hip
Did hip replacement after trying more conservative approaches first. Risks & benefits well explained, has a sense of humor, handled my nervous Mom who was waiting. When I developed sepsis 3 weeks post op, he worked with the hospitalist to find the problem so he could make changes to improve things.(Had had a catheter in longer than usual). Felt very well cared for, & he is always seeking to improve the procedures at the hospital and in his group. Great guy!